Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2141 - 2160 of 2244 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
@Love_Lucy Im so sorry you’re going through this torture of thinking you know what the result is but still clinging on to that little bit of hope that could still be there. I’m thinking of you and hope so much for a late implanter.

I’m surprised I was offered an appointment so soon actually so we’ll see what the next steps are. I still have trust in them because this is the 3rd and final cycle so I expect they’re gonna do what they can to avoid giving me back my money. Ive had 2 cycles so far with 5 transfers. Ive not worked out if it’s been financially cheaper yet at this stage or not, I think possibly a little in my favour at this point but I’m not sure. I’m sure it was around €18,000 2 years ago.

Eeeeee @JessicaR1981 how exciting for you!! Are you at the airport now? Where are you staying this time? Hope you’re feeling positive now you’re at this point. I’m wishing you absolutely everything and hope you have a good flight over there xx

·
Registered
86 Posts
We’ve arrived! We are at Hotel Serawa this time and it’s really nice. Off to the clinic for bloods and antigen in an hour. So glad it’s only 30 degrees this time and not 38!

@LJ79 i suspect you’ve saved with the guarantee program. If I do all my transfers on this first cycle alone it will cost 13k euros. Feels like such a gamble though literally having no idea when or if it will work. Hoping it’s all our time in the near future 🤞🏻

@Love_Lucy Im so sorry you’re going through this torture of thinking you know what the result is but still clinging on to that little bit of hope that could still be there. I’m thinking of you and hope so much for a late implanter.

I’m surprised I was offered an appointment so soon actually so we’ll see what the next steps are. I still have trust in them because this is the 3rd and final cycle so I expect they’re gonna do what they can to avoid giving me back my money. Ive had 2 cycles so far with 5 transfers. Ive not worked out if it’s been financially cheaper yet at this stage or not, I think possibly a little in my favour at this point but I’m not sure. I’m sure it was around €18,000 2 years ago.

Eeeeee @JessicaR1981 how exciting for you!! Are you at the airport now? Where are you staying this time? Hope you’re feeling positive now you’re at this point. I’m wishing you absolutely everything and hope you have a good flight over there xx

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ahhh that’s amazing ☺ Oooo I’ve looked at that hotel a couple of times and was thinking about going there next time cos it looks lush.

Good luck with the bloods and antigen test…..that’s my favourite part when they get right up in your brain!! 🙄😂

The gamble so far appears to have worked out ok for me then but I absolutely do not want to get to the point where they’re having to give me my money back! Xx

We’ve arrived! We are at Hotel Serawa this time and it’s really nice. Off to the clinic for bloods and antigen in an hour. So glad it’s only 30 degrees this time and not 38!

@LJ79 i suspect you’ve saved with the guarantee program. If I do all my transfers on this first cycle alone it will cost 13k euros. Feels like such a gamble though literally having no idea when or if it will work. Hoping it’s all our time in the near future 🤞🏻

·
Registered
333 Posts
Best of luck for the big transfer day tomorrow @JessicaR1981

@LJ79 I bet you’ve saved some by being on the guarantee as well and yes will be expecting them to throw everything into the next cycle to get it to work and avoid giving you your money back!

Thanks for being supportive, I know i’m torturing myself by testing early but I do think it’s a softer blow for me than getting a bfn on OTD especially because I have had some symptoms now that I would have got excited about thinking they’re pregnancy related.

·
Registered
330 Posts
@JessicaR1981 , good luck and baby dust for tomorrow chica.

@Love_Lucy , I'm still holding for a miracle for you.

@LJ79 I reckon IB will pull it out the bag for you. I dont want you using the guarantee for the money back.

@Hope175, are you 12 weeks today? We had our 12 week scan today, its a few days early but all was well.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Best of luck for the big transfer day tomorrow @JessicaR1981

@LJ79 I bet you’ve saved some by being on the guarantee as well and yes will be expecting them to throw everything into the next cycle to get it to work and avoid giving you your money back!

Thanks for being supportive, I know i’m torturing myself by testing early but I do think it’s a softer blow for me than getting a bfn on OTD especially because I have had some symptoms now that I would have got excited about thinking they’re pregnancy related.
JessicaR1981 good luck with your transfer tomorrow

Love_Lucy I'm praying will be a positive result for you on your OTD.

Vrw100 congratulations on your 12 week scan. Thanks great everything was well which must be a relief. Where you offered the screening test?

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
JessicaR1981 good luck with your transfer tomorrow

Love_Lucy I'm praying will be a positive result for you on your OTD.

Vrw100 congratulations on your 12 week scan. Thanks great everything was well which must be a relief. Where you offered the screening test?

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow :)
Brilliant, when is your scan? We were offered screening tests and we took them. I know the eggs are tested and everything but I would rather do any test we can to screen for syndromes. What are your thoughts on screening?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Brilliant, when is your scan? We were offered screening tests and we took them. I know the eggs are tested and everything but I would rather do any test we can to screen for syndromes. What are your thoughts on screening?
Tomorrow...yes will also do the screening tests.

·
Registered
93 Posts
@vrw100 Thats great news about your scan. Congratulations to both you and @Hope175 for this 12 week stage.

@Love_Lucy Not much longer to wait. They say every pregnancy is different so I’m still keeping everything crossed that this is different to your previous positives but that it’s still a positive all the same.

@Bailey 77 How you getting on?

@JessicaR1981 Yey….it’s transfer day!! Thinking of you, good luck. I hope the transfer goes well and you have a lovely relaxing positive experience and day xx

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thank you, still BFN this morning which is easier to take I guess because I was expecting it. Still though, I am shocked this cycle hasn't worked. Having been pregnant every time before and told the losses were almost certainly down to chromosomal issues in the embryos and that it was just bad luck I really did think putting 2 in would have given us our baby. When we froze 6 I remember thinking how we had so many chances and even having the conversation with DH of what we’d do with the remaining embryos when we got pregnant last year, thinking we were done. We were so hopefully after being successful that first time.

@JessicaR1981 sending you so much luck for today that this cycle is the one for you! Will you be putting one or 2 in?

@Hope175 wishing you such a lovely day of experiencing the 12 week scan

Hope everyone else is doing ok this morning xx

·
Registered
330 Posts
Awww Love_Lucy, I'm sorry it hasn't worked this time. I understand why you thought it would work this time because I was the same when I did a double transfer. I was so hopeful that this would be my time. But its not over yet because you still have 2 more eggs chica.

JessicaR1981, enjoy your scan today. Its a beautiful moment. Our bubba was dancing and waving. I suspect he/she may be quite the party animal.

LJ79 is your review with IB today or tomorrow?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for all the transfer day love ladies. Just having breakfast at the hotel now before going to IB for acupuncture. Let’s hope I don’t have the heavy breather again 😂. Feeling very happy the hotel has beetroot and carrot juice and avocado to get my nutrients up haha.

@Love_Lucy I’m so sorry this transfer hasn’t worked. Don’t lose hope, it’s worked before so can work again. Is your Beta today too, at least it should mean clarity with IB around stopping your meds and looking at a plan to go forward if so.

@vrw100 congrats on your 12 week scan. And @Hope175 good luck for yours today. Do youget the test results immediately or is it a few days?

@Lola2021 hope all going on in hospital.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey ladies, results are in and it’s a complete negative on the bloods. Honestly don’t know what I would have done without your support through this, i’m going through such hits of different emotions. I’ve emailed it across to IB just now but guessing they’re done for the day so I won’t hear back until tomorrow.

Hope you’re all having better days then I am, especially you @JessicaR1981, hoping transfer day has been a positive experience for you and your getting some much deserved rest before flying home xx

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey ladies, results are in and it’s a complete negative on the bloods. Honestly don’t know what I would have done without your support through this, i’m going through such hits of different emotions. I’ve emailed it across to IB just now but guessing they’re done for the day so I won’t hear back until tomorrow.

Hope you’re all having better days then I am, especially you @JessicaR1981, hoping transfer day has been a positive experience for you and your getting some much deserved rest before flying home xx
Love_Lucy really sorry to hear that. I'm really gutted for you. It's just not making any sense at all. Please be kind to your self and try and do something nice to take your mind off.

Love_Lucy so sorry to hear that. I'm really gutted for you. Please be kind on yourself and try to do something to take your mind off.

JessicaR1981 I hope it all went well with your transfer and you're resting up now.

Lola2021 how are you doing? Not long to go now :)

Vrw100 did you get some kind of report following your scan? IB have asked for this but I haven't got a report.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for all the transfer day love ladies. Just having breakfast at the hotel now before going to IB for acupuncture. Let’s hope I don’t have the heavy breather again 😂. Feeling very happy the hotel has beetroot and carrot juice and avocado to get my nutrients up haha.

@Love_Lucy I’m so sorry this transfer hasn’t worked. Don’t lose hope, it’s worked before so can work again. Is your Beta today too, at least it should mean clarity with IB around stopping your meds and looking at a plan to go forward if so.

@vrw100 congrats on your 12 week scan. And @Hope175 good luck for yours today. Do youget the test results immediately or is it a few days?

@Lola2021 hope all going on in hospital.
The hotel looks great. That's brilliant they have all the nutrients you need. How about pineapple core lol?

The Sonographer talks through the scan so you will know immediately how the scan is which is very reassuring.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Awwww @Love_Lucy I’m so so sorry that’s it’s a negative on the HPT. I’m thinking of you and hope you have some support around you too. Are you off work? This whole things just utterly sh*t and your head will be all over the place but I know in time, you’ll pick yourself up. I hope that you get a follow up as soon as you’re ready for one to see what the Dr’s thoughts are in relation to why this hasn’t worked for you. I’m so sorry xx

@vrw100 My reviews tomorrow morning. I’ve just emailed some questions over ahead of the meeting cos they always go out my head on the day xx

·
Registered
121 Posts

Aww Lucy Im so sorry to hear this 😕 Life really sucks sometimes. Mind yourself x

·
Registered
121 Posts
Love_Lucy really sorry to hear that. I'm really gutted for you. It's just not making any sense at all. Please be kind to your self and try and do something nice to take your mind off.
Love_Lucy so sorry to hear that. I'm really gutted for you. Please be kind on yourself and try to do something to take your mind off.

JessicaR1981 I hope it all went well with your transfer and you're resting up now.

Lola2021 how are you doing? Not long to go now :)

Vrw100 did you get some kind of report following your scan? IB have asked for this but I haven't got a report.
Im doing ok thanks, hanging in there! About 3/4 wks to go if nothing happens before that so its just a waiting game now 🙃

2141 - 2160 of 2244 Posts