Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2281 - 2300 of 2331 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
JessicaR1981 those numbers sound good. Keeping everything crossed for you that it all goes well.
My test this morning still had a faint line. Rang the clinic and they said to come tomorrow for a beta hcg and progesterone levels check. I'm sure the beta will be quite low if not 0 by tomorrow. I think this was a chemical pregnancy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awwww @Bailey 77 I’m hoping and praying it’s not a chemical so I’ll keep everything crossed for your beta tomorrow. Good luck. I’ll be thinking of you.

@JessicaR1981 That’s great that the numbers are continuing to rise. Long may they continue to keep rising and your little embryo keeps nestling making itself lovely and cosy and comfy.

I finally had an email today with the key points from my follow up appointment. She stated that she’d also copied in administration so they can email me with the costs but didn’t say what exactly I’m paying extra for.
She said that I’m to have another mock cycle a month before my next transfer, so I can have the diagnostic hysteroscopy, an endometrial scratch, micro biome to be checked, along with the progesterone vaginal pessaries I usually have, she wants me to have the progesterone subcutaneous too which is new for me. I’m thinking they’re injections…..More injections 😫🥴 They want my vitamin D levels checked in a blood test which is something new that they’re doing and a FISH test on my coparents sperm which is also new that the multi disciplinary team have said they want done. They’re also going to transfer two embryos which they’ve never done before. I wouldn’t expect that they’ll both implant though because my body wouldn’t be able to cope if they did. I’m literally 5 foot and 7 stone so I doubt my body would allow 2 to implant. I can’t even get 1 to implant let alone 2!! 😢 So I’m guessing I have to pay for all of the above and she indicated it’s my last cycle on the guarantee programme so it’s not like it’s an oversight but I’ve emailed her back asking what I’m paying for but I’m sure the admin will tell me anyway.

Hope everyone’s keeping ok xx

·
Registered
98 Posts
@Bailey 77 good luck for tomorrow, thinking of you.

@LJ79 at least you can have comfort they’re leaving no stone unturned this time.

Ive had some light bleeding and cramping since around 5pm today. Feeling very anxious and upset. I’ll email IB in the morning but I’m guessing there’s nothing that can be done other than to take it easy and wait for my scan a week tomorrow. I don’t think the EPU would scan me until 6 weeks which is not until Saturday. Depending on the bleeding I may try and go for another HCG test in the next couple of days. Husband has been a star looking after me tonight I’m just feeling so low. Our problem was supposed to be not making good embryos, not being unable to stay pregnant. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers ladies x

·
Registered
444 Posts
JessicaR1981 those numbers sound good. Keeping everything crossed for you that it all goes well.
My test this morning still had a faint line. Rang the clinic and they said to come tomorrow for a beta hcg and progesterone levels check. I'm sure the beta will be quite low if not 0 by tomorrow. I think this was a chemical pregnancy.
Good luck with your beta. Will be thinking of you xx

·
Registered
444 Posts

@LJ79 at least you can have comfort they’re leaving no stone unturned this time.

Ive had some light bleeding and cramping since around 5pm today. Feeling very anxious and upset. I’ll email IB in the morning but I’m guessing there’s nothing that can be done other than to take it easy and wait for my scan a week tomorrow. I don’t think the EPU would scan me until 6 weeks which is not until Saturday. Depending on the bleeding I may try and go for another HCG test in the next couple of days. Husband has been a star looking after me tonight I’m just feeling so low. Our problem was supposed to be not making good embryos, not being unable to stay pregnant. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers ladies x
I had light bleeding at the beginning of my pregnancy which lasted a few days. I had a scan at my clinic and they were able to see where the bleeding was coming from. They asked me to stop blood thinners until the bleeding stopped.

I think for peace of mind, book yourself a private scan so they can see what's going on.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That would awful Bailey77. Are you thinking its a chemical because the line has stayed faint? Or are there other signs? I'm really hoping the beta shows decent numbers.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That would awful Bailey77. Are you thinking its a chemical because the line has stayed faint? Or are there other signs? I'm really hoping the beta shows decent numbers.
Vrw100 how are you doing? I just remembered that I sent my 12 week scan report to IB but never heard back. Did they get back to you?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had light bleeding at the beginning of my pregnancy which lasted a few days. I had a scan at my clinic and they were able to see where the bleeding was coming from. They asked me to stop blood thinners until the bleeding stopped.

I think for peace of mind, book yourself a private scan so they can see what's going on.
I did wonder on the blood thinners. I am bleeding really easily at the minute (got blood all over my jumper at the weekend as it wouldn’t stop after my beta). I’ve emailed IB. I don’t know where would scan me so early aside from fertility clinics and I’m not registered to one here. The place I’m going to next week says from 6weeks. Bleeding has stopped this morning although I’m still very crampy.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I did wonder on the blood thinners. I am bleeding really easily at the minute (got blood all over my jumper at the weekend as it wouldn’t stop after my beta). I’ve emailed IB. I don’t know where would scan me so early aside from fertility clinics and I’m not registered to one here. The place I’m going to next week says from 6weeks. Bleeding has stopped this morning although I’m still very crampy.
No it doesn't have to be a fertility clinic. There are places that do early pregnancy scans. I'm not sure where you are but I've previously used the birth company.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks @Hope175. Outside of London there are very few places for viability scans unfortunately, aside from EPUs who are from six weeks and ultrasound direct who I wouldn’t trust to diagnose something like this. There’s a very good consultant in Oxford that will do them via a private clinic and that’s who I’m booked with for the 12th at 6+3 (she sadly diagnosed my previous miscarriage) however her guidance is not before six weeks. So unfortunately I fear I will just need to wait it out. I will book another beta for Thursday which I think should be a good indicator of whether the pregnancy is still progressing or not. So far today I’ve had no further bleeding just a bit of cramping still (which I guess could be good or bad).

I know in reality a scan or blood test cannot prevent the inevitable I just hate the not knowing. My husband is out the country with work from tomorrow so it’s gonna be a difficult few days trying not to worry!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
JessicaR1981 sorry to hear that you are experiencing some bleeding and hoping your beta increases steadily.
Not good news for us today beta was only 1.2. So negative for pregnancy. On the upside my progesterone levels remained good at 106. So we have a follow up appointment with the doctor on Monday 18th of October. Thinking of going ahead with the biopsy cycle now. Cannot really think of what else to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Baby dust to you all. Xxx

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
JessicaR1981 did you get your beta checked today.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Vrw100 how are you doing? I just remembered that I sent my 12 week scan report to IB but never heard back. Did they get back to you?
Hi Hope,

They just emailed back to say that all is well and congratulations again but nothing else really. I'm still feeling ravenous, a bit nauseous and very tired. I'm hoping it passes soon. I could do with 'the glow phase and some energy back. How are you getting on?

·
Registered
341 Posts

Jeez Jessica, keeping everything crossed that all is well. I know that its fairly common to get some early bleeding so try not to panic and let hubby look after you until you can get the situation investigated.

·
Registered
341 Posts
JessicaR1981 sorry to hear that you are experiencing some bleeding and hoping your beta increases steadily.
Not good news for us today beta was only 1.2. So negative for pregnancy. On the upside my progesterone levels remained good at 106. So we have a follow up appointment with the doctor on Monday 18th of October. Thinking of going ahead with the biopsy cycle now. Cannot really think of what else to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Baby dust to you all. Xxx
Awww jeez Bailey77. I'm really upset for you. I honestly thought this was your time and I was so hoping that your thoughts on a chemical were wrong. I just don't understand why 1 person has to put up with so much. Life sucks sometimes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
JessicaR1981 did you get your beta checked today.
I’ve managed to book one for tomorrow. It will be a long wait until the result on Thursday!
I’m really sorry about your negative test. It sucks. The biopsy sounds like a good option. If I lose this one I expect that, a hysteroscopy and potentially immunes will be my next step.

·
Registered
429 Posts
So sorry to hear the result Bailey, really hoped this was it for you. It is good news on your progesterone levels though. Big hugs it sucks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Jessica - sorry you have had bleeding. I hope you can relax and not worry too much with your hubby being away (easier said than done) but I’ve everything crossed for good news for your beta tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Thinking of you today JessicaR1981. xxx

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awww @Bailey 77 Im so sorry to hear of your chemical. I know there are no words but just know I’m thinking of you & your husband. It’s not too long a wait for your follow up I suppose, it gives you a little time to prepare some questions.

@JessicaR1981 Im so sorry that you’ve been cramping and bleeding. It’s rubbish timing that your husband is away too. I’m thinking of you and hope your beta gives a result that is reassuring and still hopeful.

I’ve heard from the clinic again and they want to do a diagnostic hysteroscopy, micro biome testing, an endometrial scratch and a FISH test on my coparent before my transfer and it’s gonna be €1545 in total. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to have these tests until right on Christmas though which is annoying cos it feels like forever away.

Love to everyone else too xx

2281 - 2300 of 2331 Posts