Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2361 - 2380 of 2415 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Welcome back dodo012 and wishing you the best of luck with your transfer. I also have no experience of a natural transfer as I have always done medicated transfers.
Lola75 how did your tests go. You must have tested by now.
Vrw100, hope175 and jessicar1981 wishing you all the best of luck with your pregnancies and the safe arrival of babies.
LJ79, love_lucy, shoegals and lola2020 hope you are all keeping well.
I have started medication in preparation for the biopsy cycle. I'm still really nervous about the pain but will dose myself up with pain killers on the day. Then it's a 2/3 weeks wait for the results so hopefully we will get them before Christmas.

Sending baby dust to all. Xxx

Reactions: Lola2021

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good luck for your tests @Bailey 77. Yes they are horrid but at least it’s all over in a couple of mins and they will hopefully give you the info you need.

@Dodo012 is your transfer tomorrow? How exciting I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Are you staying out in Alicante for a couple of days after? I would LOVE some sunshine right now!

I have started to taper off my meds this past couple of days. I am planning to do it more gradually that the IB protocol though. Feeling a bit nervous about it however I think there are signs my placenta is kicking in as my symptoms are changing a bit. Only 13 days now until my 12 week scan 😬

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome ladies! @Bailey 77 really hope the tests aren’t too painful for you and it goes as smooth as possible. @JessicaR1981 ive been in Alicante for a few days now. Today (sorry to rub it in) was glorious. I spent most of it by the pool and then went for a stroll around the marina and had tapas. Tomorrow I’m booked for transfer. Fingers crossed my bloods will be good. I go home Saturday as long as everything goes to plan tomorrow. It’s all come about so quickly I feel like I’m in a whirlwind. Wish me luck for tomorrow 🍀 xx

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi ladies, I was on this forum a while ago and wanted to say hi. I’ve read a few of the last posts and it’s great to see lots of you are doing well with your bumps. I ended up taking a break due to covid and then lots of other little things that got in the way of us being able to have an FET. One of those being a pregnancy that resulted in a mc. Well today after what feels like a decade I landed in Alicante. I’m due transfer at the end of the week. I’m so nervous and excited at the same time. I’ve refused to have prostap (I have history with this) and am having a natural transfer. This is making me nervous because my last scan was terrible and the woman said my dominant follicle had shrunk. (I didn’t like the Sonographer and didn’t really trust what she was saying) This was despite just having a positive opk. It definitely wasn’t a corpus luteum and all my other follicles had grown so didn’t make sense. Any way IB said don’t worry just start the progesterone and transfer is at the end of the week. Sooooo now I’m worried I didn’t ovulate and all my hormones will be wrong for transfer 🤦‍♀️
sorry for the long post. Despite the above it is great to be here in Alicante again. Hoping that we get the best outcome this time xx
Welcome back Dodo012, wishing you the very best for your transfer. I hope you enjoyed your time in Alicante :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Good luck for your tests @Bailey 77. Yes they are horrid but at least it’s all over in a couple of mins and they will hopefully give you the info you need.

@Dodo012 is your transfer tomorrow? How exciting I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Are you staying out in Alicante for a couple of days after? I would LOVE some sunshine right now!

I have started to taper off my meds this past couple of days. I am planning to do it more gradually that the IB protocol though. Feeling a bit nervous about it however I think there are signs my placenta is kicking in as my symptoms are changing a bit. Only 13 days now until my 12 week scan 😬
Yaaaay not long to go now until your 12 week scan 😊

I'm still on meds which I should have stopped a while back. But the clinic who are treating me for Immunes here in the UK want me to continue so that's what I'm doing xx

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi ladies. I took a little break from FF and trying to think about all things TTC (wasn't so easy of course). My hysteroscopy is booked for mid December so it felt like a good time to step back as we won't be able to try again until the new year. We went on holiday to Turkey for a week and it felt nice to do something non-fertility related although shows my luck that at the resort we were staying they had an infertility and reproductive health conference going on so there were giant posters of eggs and sperms all over :LOL:

Quick update on me, as mentioned already my hysteroscopy is book for 15th Dec here in the UK. I've had another set back though as my period just doesn't seem to want to come. I bled after the failed cycle and since then it's not arrived, it's been 7 weeks. Obviously pregnancy tests are negative (I did have the tiniest glimmer of hope at one point) so now IB want me to have a scan and some blood tests to see what's going on as we need to make sure we time the hysteroscopy right so I'll be having the scan and bloods tomorrow...another thing to deal with and another expense close to £500. My dream of a new Christmas tree will have to wait until next year!

I've not a chance to catch up on everyone fully but great to see the pregnancies are progressing well. Hello to the newbies and returners. Dodo hope the transfer went well and you're doing well in the wait. It seems a few of us are waiting on tests before being able to cycle again xx

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Lucy,
Glad u got some R&R in the sun! Typical that the conference was on, theres always a constant reminder. Sometimes when we are stressed it can affect periods. Hope ur period comes soon and u can get a clear run in January. Sending baby dust and positive vibes 😘

·
Registered
352 Posts
I second that Love_Lucy; I'm keeping everything crossed that your cycles start again and let you get on with the next steps.
I do understand how you feel re set backs because I was really fed up when after 7 months of lock down my scan showed a cyst and I was delayed by a further month before that cleared. Its just so darn frustrating.
But positive thinking and focusing on keeping going through it is whats important. Hopefully the new year will bring baby dust your way xx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lovely to hear from you @Love_Lucy. Your holiday sounds wonderful however that really made me laugh about the conference - you can’t make that stuff up! Sorry to hear about the issue with your period, I hope your scans and tests come back ok and you can progress with the hysteroscopy as planned in December. It can imagine it will be a relief to get that checked off before Christmas.

@vrw100 hope your scan went ok?

@Lola2021 hope you and bubs are doing ok?

Not a lot to report here. Weaning myself off the drugs and hoping everything is still going to plan in my belly. The not knowing is so hard. Only 8 days until my scan now 🤞🏻

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi everyone sorry for the sudden radio silence. Things didn’t go great but the main reason I’ve not messaged is I’ve hurt my shoulder. So much so I couldn’t even hold the phone to type. My friends have all been getting voice messages 😂🤦‍♀️ The pain from my shoulder has completely distracted me from thinking about the fet. Which is a good thing - I think. I’m not getting much sleep due to the pain which started the day before transfer!
On transfer day one of my embryos did not survive the thaw - I’ve never had this happen before and I think it’s now only 2% that don’t survive so was quite gutted. When they did the transfer the first attempt was not successful and the little monkey did not want to come out of the catheter. So we had to repeat the procedure. Im not holding out much hope on this being successful as I don’t think anything could survive the amount of screaming and crying I have done in the past few days due to the pain and also kinda wonder if it got damaged when they tried to transfer it on the first attempt 🤷‍♀️ Either way I’m not in a rush to test - which is unusual for me 😂

@Love_Lucy that’s the sort of thing that would happen to me - it did make me chuckle a little it’s bloody Sod’s law! My period went missing after I had covid and also when I was stressed. Once I settled down it returned.
@JessicaR1981 i hope those 8 days come quickly for you. The waiting game in this business can really suck
Hope everyone else is doing well xx

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hi ladies.
I had my scan today but lining was not thick enough only 7.4 so have to go back on Thursday for another scan.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi ladies.
I had my scan today but lining was not thick enough only 7.4 so have to go back on Thursday for another scan.
Hi Bailey77 I have no experience with biopsy’s I’m assuming lining has to be 9mm? I hope it starts to thicken up for you. I know they say Brazil nuts and pineapple core are good for helping with a thicker endometrium. I can only imagine how painful the biopsy is too. Wishing you luck with it xx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi everyone,
Hope you’re all keeping as well as possible. I’ve been struggling a bit with not having any specific dates scheduled in yet. I’ve been feeling so drained, frustrated, angry, really low and hurt but now things have started to cotogether again, that hope, determination and optimism is coming back. I’m terrified this time round and I’ve never felt this fear going into a transfer before. That initial niaivety has long gone sadly!

I now have a plan in place and started meds on Monday. I’m doing a long cycle of Letrozole and a couple of prostap injections. I had that injection on my 1st cycle but not my 2nd. I’ve never had Letrozole before though. I’m having my hysteroscopy and biopsy on the 4th January which I know is only round the corner but she’s away at the same time especially since my last transfer was September. I’m just wishing the weeks away now, I can’t wait for Christmas to be over! It’s going to be particularly difficult too as my brother is expecting a baby on the 11th December with a girl he’d only dated for less than a month and they only lasted about 3 months!
when I have the hysteroscopy, my transfer will be around the 1st week of February. After 2 iui’s and 5 embryo transfers from2 donors, I’m hoping that it’s 3rd donor and 3rd cycle lucky. I’m desperate to know what it’s like to see a 2nd line on a test! 😔

@JessicaR1981 I’m really pleased that things are continuing nicely and it’s not too much longer for that precious 12 week scan.

@Hope175 and @vrw100 Things are moving quickly for you both. I’m pleased you’re both doing well.

@Dodo012 Hello and congratulations on being PUPO. How are you feeling now. It sounds like you’ve had a right time of it but I’m keeping everything crossed for you. Do you test early or do you usually wait? Good luck.

@Love_Lucy It’s nice you had a little break away although not so nice about the conference! 🤦🏼‍♀️ How did your bloods and scan go? Was it yesterday that you were having them?

@Bailey 77 Good luck tomorrow. Hope your linings thickened up a little.

@shoegals and @Lola2021I hope you and your babies are doing well.

Sorry it’s a long one (it’s been a while!) Lots of love and thoughts to you all xxx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey @LJ79 i totally get your frustration with not having a plan. I feel like I have felt that way for the past 2 years. Actually gave me anxiety earlier this year. This FET just came upon us unexpectedly and so quickly, it’s been a bit of a whirlwind to be honest. I’m glad you have a plan and have something to focus on.
Christmas can be a difficult time when things are good, I hope your brothers baby doesn’t make Christmas too painful for you xx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey @LJ79 i totally get your frustration with not having a plan. I feel like I have felt that way for the past 2 years. Actually gave me anxiety earlier this year. This FET just came upon us unexpectedly and so quickly, it’s been a bit of a whirlwind to be honest. I’m glad you have a plan and have something to focus on.
Christmas can be a difficult time when things are good, I hope your brothers baby doesn’t make Christmas too painful for you xx
Thanks @Dodo012 Ive been very much in denial about my brother having this baby with a virtual stranger but there’s nothing I can do about it. He’s coming very soon!
It’s having the plans that keep me going,likeI’m sure they do for all of us.
Hope you’re feeling good during your wait. That could be a positive that it’s happened so quickly, it gives you less time to over analyse everything haha xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks @Dodo012 Ive been very much in denial about my brother having this baby with a virtual stranger but there’s nothing I can do about it. He’s coming very soon!
It’s having the plans that keep me going,likeI’m sure they do for all of us.
Hope you’re feeling good during your wait. That could be a positive that it’s happened so quickly, it gives you less time to over analyse everything haha xx
@LJ79 I can imagine how painful it feels right now. My niece is week older than what one of my angel babies would have been. Before she was born I dreaded her arrival and how it would make me feel. Now I just have so much love for her. Of course sometimes I feel a pang and wonder of what might have been but it doesn’t impact on my life for her. I hope it’s the same for you.
I’m not feeling very positive about this cycle literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong so not holding out much hope.
I’m glad you feel better having plans. Really hope they go smoothly for you with as minimal bumps in the road as possible x

2361 - 2380 of 2415 Posts