Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2381 - 2400 of 2415 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
@LJ79 I can imagine how painful it feels right now. My niece is week older than what one of my angel babies would have been. Before she was born I dreaded her arrival and how it would make me feel. Now I just have so much love for her. Of course sometimes I feel a pang and wonder of what might have been but it doesn’t impact on my life for her. I hope it’s the same for you.
I’m not feeling very positive about this cycle literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong so not holding out much hope.
I’m glad you feel better having plans. Really hope they go smoothly for you with as minimal bumps in the road as possible x
Thanks for your kind words and I hope so too in relation to my nephew
I’m sorry to hear of your loss.
I hope that isn’t the case for you. Do you have any embryos frozen with IB? Xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interestingly when they named my niece they choose a name which they made up and was one letter different than what I would have chosen had I had a girl. They put an a where I would have put an e. I’d never told anyone other than my husband - so they didn’t steel it. That was quite painful but now I think with an A is way better than an E and all I ever feel for her is so much love.
Well despite this being the worst cycle I have ever done with regards the transfer - I even got the time wrong and they had to phone me to see where I was 🤦‍♀️ I’ve just got a BFP!! I’m in complete shock it doesn’t quite feel real - I was thinking I was out. I’ve never got pregnant with ivf before. I’m praying this one stays sticky and makes it safely xx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interestingly when they named my niece they choose a name which they made up and was one letter different than what I would have chosen had I had a girl. They put an a where I would have put an e. I’d never told anyone other than my husband - so they didn’t steel it. That was quite painful but now I think with an A is way better than an E and all I ever feel for her is so much love.
Well despite this being the worst cycle I have ever done with regards the transfer - I even got the time wrong and they had to phone me to see where I was 🤦‍♀️ I’ve just got a BFP!! I’m in complete shock it doesn’t quite feel real - I was thinking I was out. I’ve never got pregnant with ivf before. I’m praying this one stays sticky and makes it safely xx
Wow! That’s amazing. Well done @Dodo012 Congratulations. I’m keeping everything crossed that your little embryo continues to snuggle in deep and grow well. I’ve heard a few stories on this forum now that the tests are positive when it’s absolutely least thought and expected.
I can imagine that was quite painful for you at the time of your niece being named. Let’s hope that you’ll be discussing some names very soon xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you @LJ79 its not really sunk in yet and am convinced it’s not real 🤦‍♀️😂. I’ve had my fair share of losses so I guess I’m thinking this way to protect myself. I hope you’re having a good weekend x

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi ladies, hope you're all doing well :)
It seems I've missed quite a bit...sorry.

@ Dodo012 congratulations that's amazing news. I hope you're resting up and taking it easy now 🙂

@ Bailey77 how did it go with your scan? I hope your lining has thickened up.

We had our 20 week scan and everything was perfect which is a huge relief.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking of you all and sending baby dust your way xxx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thank you @LJ79 its not really sunk in yet and am convinced it’s not real 🤦‍♀️😂. I’ve had my fair share of losses so I guess I’m thinking this way to protect myself. I hope you’re having a good weekend x
I guess it’s just a case of taking each day as it comes. I have no idea really how to help try to cope through this next stage as I’ve never ever had a positive but I’m wishing you all the luck in the world this one sticks and stays ☺
I’ve had a nice weekend, thanks x

·
Registered
119 Posts

@ Dodo012 congratulations that's amazing news. I hope you're resting up and taking it easy now 🙂

Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking of you all and sending baby dust your way xxx
That’s great news @Hope175 Thats so exciting that you’ve reached this milestone and it’s all perfect. What a relief for you I hope you’re starting to relax more into your pregnancy now x

·
Registered
33 Posts

@Hope175 thats great to hear about your scan! Keep growing that bubba! I can imagine despite the reassurance it’s difficult to be able to not worry xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Bailey 77 hope your scan showed your lining to be thickening up nicely.
@vrw100 thank you. I’m still in shock. However last night I had a bit of spotting when I wiped so am completely freaking out. I took a test today as it should be otd with bloods but having difficulty getting my gp to do them. The line is much darker than Friday and I read a study which found 70% of ivf pregnant women bleed in their first trimester and go on to have a successful pregnancy. But I’m still feeling anxious now. Really hoping all is ok with this one xx

·
Registered
454 Posts
@Bailey 77 hope your scan showed your lining to be thickening up nicely.
@vrw100 thank you. I’m still in shock. However last night I had a bit of spotting when I wiped so am completely freaking out. I took a test today as it should be otd with bloods but having difficulty getting my gp to do them. The line is much darker than Friday and I read a study which found 70% of ivf pregnant women bleed in their first trimester and go on to have a successful pregnancy. But I’m still feeling anxious now. Really hoping all is ok with this one xx
Just to provide some reassurance, I know what it feels like to have spotting and I did have spotting for quite a few days in my first trimester. They took me off blood thinners.... Aspirin and Clexane and once the spotting stopped I was ok to go back on them. I was having regular scans though just to be sure everything was ok but I was being treated here in the UK for Immunes so it was easy for me to have a clinic on hand.

Make sure you let IB know and see what they suggest xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you @Hope175 that’s really reassuring to read. I’ve already emailed IB and they have upped my progesterone to twice a day just for reassurance for me. They’ve told me not to worry and that it’s completely normal - much easier said than done 😂 I’m not taking aspirin. But that was the plan from my recurrent loss team. Maybe I should ask IB about it. Half of me wants to believe it will be ok but the other half of me that’s been here before isn’t so sure. This is my first positive with ivf. I’ve only been pregnant naturally prior so hopefully this is the game changer one. I’ve not had any more spotting - so keeping everything crossed It’s ok x

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Dodo012 congratulations on your result. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.
Hope175 happy to hear that your 20 week scan went well.

So my second scan showed a lining of 7.9 so booked in for biopsy tomorrow afternoon. I'm not nervous yet but the closer it gets I'm sure I will be.

Sending baby dust and good wishes to everyone. Xxx

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dodo012 congratulations on your result. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.
Hope175 happy to hear that your 20 week scan went well.

So my second scan showed a lining of 7.9 so booked in for biopsy tomorrow afternoon. I'm not nervous yet but the closer it gets I'm sure I will be.

Sending baby dust and good wishes to everyone. Xxx
Good luck with your biopsy tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be fine and it will be over before you know it xx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Afternoon ladies. I’ve not logged on here for a few days and goodness I’ve missed a lot!

@Dodo012 congratulations on your BFP. I hope you’ve not had any further bleeding scares. Are you able to find a private GP to take you HCG and progesterone to provide a bit of reassurance? I had spotting too around a week to ten days after my BFP and was told in all likelihood it was probably old blood from implantation. I haven’t had any since. Hope your shoulder is getting better now too.

@Bailey 77 thinking of you this afternoon with your biopsy. Hope it goes as well as these things can and you can be home on the sofa with a blanket and Netflix in no time!

@Hope175 lovely news on your scan. Are you feeling ready start buying a few bits now? Good timing for you and @vrw100 with all the Black Friday sales!

We had our 12 week NHS scan this morning and all looking good however I had to do a lot of jumping and shaking to get the little one to move so the measurements could be taken (most vigorous exercise I’ve done in weeks!) Also feeling pretty sore now as the sonographer had to press fairly hard due to him being a stubborn little thing all tucked up under the placenta. Hopefully it’s nothing to worry about and will wear off in a day or so. And we got there eventually with the measurements.

2381 - 2400 of 2415 Posts