Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2401 - 2415 of 2415 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Thanks ladies for all your well wishes.
JessicaR1981 happy to hear your 12 week scan went well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
@Bailey 77 hope everything went well with biopsy today and that it wasn't too painful? Did you have any pain relief at all?

@Dodo012 huuuge congrats on the BFP, glad the wait went really quickly for you. Spotting is more common in IVF pregnancies and hopefully it's stopped now.

@LJ79 I feel your pain with the waiting especially as we go in to the new year, it feels like another year gone by and still being in the same position. Hopefully it goes quickly for you and everything going on for Christmas keeps you distracted. I empathise with seeing a baby born into the family (without even trying) at this time of year, we had a similar situation a few years ago before DD when my niece was born, it was my worst Christmas ever actually. Be kind to yourself and take yourself away from situations and people who will upset you if possible.

@vrw100 @Hope175 So happy to hear you've both reached such a huge milestone! You're halfway there now and it feels like it's flown by!

@JessicaR1981 congrats on your major milestone as well! Glad baby was looking well and clearly loving being all snug in there!

Hope I haven't missed anyone!

My blood test and scan all came back pretty normal (for someone who only has one tiny bit of ovary left) so no idea why my period has been delayed so much. I've been told to have cyclogest for a week and then that should bring on a bleed. I can then start birth control and my cycle will be at the right point to have the Hysteroscopy which is booked for 15th December. I'm a complete pain wuss so am having it under sedation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey @JessicaR1981 congratulations on your 12 week scan. That must be a relief to have reached and all be ok. I hope you’re not too sore, sounds like you had an interesting scan with all that jumping. Thank you for sharing about your bleed, it’s really reassuring. I haven’t had anything since, touch wood. And I’ve done 2 more tests since the spotting and both have come back as strong and progressing positives. So I’m trying to think positive thoughts. I have a scan booked for 6 weeks fingers crossed all goes to plan. Shoulder is getting better thank you, was quite honestly the worst pain I have ever felt! - I had a scan and we debated having a cortisone but think I’ll hold off a few more weeks and see if it keeps getting better. Body is quite good at reabsorbing the calcific deposits so hoping this happens.
@Bailey 77 hope all went well today for you

@Love_Lucy thanks for your congratulations. I don’t blame you for wanting to have it under sedation - why put yourself through unnecessary pain 🤷‍♀️😂. Hope the 15th comes round quickly for you xx

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Thanks dodo012.
Biopsy went smoothly today and was not as painful as the last time although I did have myself nicely topped up with pain killers.
Love_Lucy best of luck with the pessaries. I hope they make your period come so you can stay on schedule with the hysteroscopy.

Reactions: LJ79

·
Registered
119 Posts
@Bailey 77 hope everything went well with biopsy today and that it wasn't too painful? Did you have any pain relief at all?

@Dodo012 huuuge congrats on the BFP, glad the wait went really quickly for you. Spotting is more common in IVF pregnancies and hopefully it's stopped now.

@LJ79 I feel your pain with the waiting especially as we go in to the new year, it feels like another year gone by and still being in the same position. Hopefully it goes quickly for you and everything going on for Christmas keeps you distracted. I empathise with seeing a baby born into the family (without even trying) at this time of year, we had a similar situation a few years ago before DD when my niece was born, it was my worst Christmas ever actually. Be kind to yourself and take yourself away from situations and people who will upset you if possible.

@vrw100 @Hope175 So happy to hear you've both reached such a huge milestone! You're halfway there now and it feels like it's flown by!

@JessicaR1981 congrats on your major milestone as well! Glad baby was looking well and clearly loving being all snug in there!

Hope I haven't missed anyone!

My blood test and scan all came back pretty normal (for someone who only has one tiny bit of ovary left) so no idea why my period has been delayed so much. I've been told to have cyclogest for a week and then that should bring on a bleed. I can then start birth control and my cycle will be at the right point to have the Hysteroscopy which is booked for 15th December. I'm a complete pain wuss so am having it under sedation.
Thanks @Love_Lucy Im already getting quite anxious about it and he’s not due until the 11th! 🥴
I’m starting to actually hate this time of year now and every Christmas that goes by, I say that this must be my last one without a child and next year it’ll be different but it never is!

Are you on the cyclogest now then? Hopefully your cycle behaves ready for your hysteroscopy. I’m keeping everything crossed xx

·
Registered
119 Posts
@Bailey 77 I’m pleased you found the procedure bearable. Well done for getting through it. When do you get the results?

I’ve picked up my medication today. I go to Asda pharmacy and they’ve said they can’t get the size of needles IB want me to use for the lubion. I’m not too worried yet cos as well as picking my meds up today, I booked my trip to Alicante for my hysteroscopy so hopefully I can pick some needles up while I’m in Spain if I can’t get any from any other pharmacy. Have any of you ladies had any issues getting needles?
I’m scared of using the lubion. It was bad enough with clexane having a needle fear but now I have to do lubion too and I feel utterly sick. I think that’s why I’m not stressing about the needles yet cos I’m in denial about having to use them haha!

Sending love and good thoughts to you all xx

·
Registered
110 Posts
@Bailey 77 so glad the procedure wasn’t as bad as you feared. Are you expecting results in two weeks?

@Love_Lucy I hope the progesterone works and you can stay on track for the December hysteroscopy. Good to hear you’ll have sedation too.

@LJ79 Christmas is always a tough time especially with newborns around. We had it in 2019 with my nephew. I was dreading it but actually really loved all the cuddles. I have lots of needles left from Lubion so can post them to you if needed? Mixing and injecting. IB never specified a size with me but they are from the prescription they shared with Stork.

If anyone uses Utrogestan I can post my spares out for those too. They expire in March. I couldn’t use with IB as my last UK cycle had an allergic reaction to Utrogestan. I think I have two unopened boxes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
@Bailey 77 so glad the procedure wasn’t as bad as you feared. Are you expecting results in two weeks?

@Love_Lucy I hope the progesterone works and you can stay on track for the December hysteroscopy. Good to hear you’ll have sedation too.

@LJ79 Christmas is always a tough time especially with newborns around. We had it in 2019 with my nephew. I was dreading it but actually really loved all the cuddles. I have lots of needles left from Lubion so can post them to you if needed? Mixing and injecting. IB never specified a size with me but they are from the prescription they shared with Stork.

If anyone uses Utrogestan I can post my spares out for those too. They expire in March. I couldn’t use with IB as my last UK cycle had an allergic reaction to Utrogestan. I think I have two unopened boxes.
Hi @JessicaR1981 Yeah I think it’ll be tough. This little boy is due in 2 weeks time and I’m already getting snappy with my brother so that’s not great! Hopefully I’ll get past that and enjoy some cuddles too. That’s amazing in relation to your offer of the needles. Thank you so much. How much would you like for them? Im guessing the needles that you got from stork will be similar sizing to what I need if they’ve both come from IB. Any tips in relation to administering lubion will be gratefully received too. I was absolutely pathetic when it came to starting clexane and I feel like I just started to get used to it at the end of my treatment but I’m thinking this is gonna be a whole new level!
I used utrogestan on my first 2 transfers but I’ve been using cyclogest for my last 3.

Hope everyone’s safe and well from this storm. It’s been horrific and still is so I hope everyone’s having a peaceful weekend xx

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
JessicaR1981 yes they siad it would be approximately two weeks for the results and they will be in touch.

Reactions: LJ79

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi @JessicaR1981 Yeah I think it’ll be tough. This little boy is due in 2 weeks time and I’m already getting snappy with my brother so that’s not great! Hopefully I’ll get past that and enjoy some cuddles too. That’s amazing in relation to your offer of the needles. Thank you so much. How much would you like for them? Im guessing the needles that you got from stork will be similar sizing to what I need if they’ve both come from IB. Any tips in relation to administering lubion will be gratefully received too. I was absolutely pathetic when it came to starting clexane and I feel like I just started to get used to it at the end of my treatment but I’m thinking this is gonna be a whole new level!
I used utrogestan on my first 2 transfers but I’ve been using cyclogest for my last 3.

Hope everyone’s safe and well from this storm. It’s been horrific and still is so I hope everyone’s having a peaceful weekend xx
No need to pay me I don’t think the needles cost very much (in relation to the drugs!). I’m away this weekend but if you PM me your address I’ll pop them in the post to you next week. When do you start? For me, heating it first really helped. I’d make up the syringe and pop it under a hot water bottle or in the armpit of my clothes a few mins and that seemed to make the liquid disperse more. I also did the Lubion in the top of my thigh in the end, i found it a lot less sore in the following 12 hours than my tummy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good luck for your results @Bailey 77

Oh wow @JessicaR1981 that’s really really kind of you. Thank you so much. At least let me pay for the postage then. I’ve never PM’d anyone on here, how do I do that? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Haha.
I don’t need to inject the lubion until after my scan which so far is around the 27th January so there’s plenty of time before I use it.
Thanks for the injection tips too. I got some great tips off the girls too for using clexane xx

·
Registered
110 Posts

If you just click my username you should then get a pop up to message. I have about 20 sets of syringes and needles x

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi ladies,
Hope you’re all keeping ok and have had nice weekends.
Not much going on at my end. I had a prostap injection last week and I have another one in the 30th.
I’m getting more used to this elimination diet I’m on so I hope it does what I’ve been told it does and that’s reducing inflammation in my body. I’m thinking (and hoping!) it can only be a good thing, surely?!
I’ve booked my flights and hotel did my hysteroscopy so I’m flying out on the 2nd January….unless Boris scuppers my plans (again!!)

keep going ladies, every day that passes is hopefully a day closer to our dreams 🤞🏻 Xx

2401 - 2415 of 2415 Posts