Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2721 - 2724 of 2724 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Morning @Love_Lucy I had my surgery just after 3pm yesterday. This is the 2nd time I’ve had anaesthetic and both times, I really struggle coming round from it. I have literally slept all the way through pretty much since they put me out until about 8am this morning.
I’m feeling a bit sorry for myself, I’m in a bit of pain. I’m on my own (which is kind of fine but kind of rubbish!) Ive just had the laparoscopy and cyst removal, no removal of ovary. Even though it’s been the minimal they did, I feel so tired. I’d hate to have felt if they’ve not done keyhole and taken my ovary away.
My hospital room has an incredible view of the castle and it’s absolutely boiling!
I think I’m being discharged later today and there’s a flight at teatime that I was considering booking but the Dr said yesterday she’d rather I didn’t when I’m on my own and to stay a bit longer. Mind you, the way I feel now, going to the airport feels as arduous as climbing Everest!! I can barely sit up in my bed haha.
Thank you so much for thinking of me yesterday @Love_Lucy that’s really nice of you. I hope that you’re doing ok and just taking things day by day too xx

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey @LJ79 @Love_Lucy just thought I’d check in and see how you’re both getting on? @LJ79 hope you got home from Spain ok and that recovery from surgery was ok for you.

sorry I’ve not had chance to check in much. Social media doesn’t really happen for me any more I have so little time to myself these days - however I think of you often and will keep hoping you get your miracle.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thank you @JessicaR1981 it’s lovely to hear from you. I often think of you all often too 😊 I hope you and your family are doing well. I’m sure you’re still in just a lovely little bubble 🥰
My recovery has gone well, thanks. I was surprised how tired it made me…for days I just slept! They took away the cyst and part of my Fallopian tube. I was a bit annoyed I had to go back to Alicante for a day to get my stitches out when they initially said I could do it here but they said they wanted to see me in clinic! That was money I could have done without spending & time away again (especially when I just wanted to sleep haha!) I’ve never had stitches removed before…wow!! I don’t ever want any removed ever again!! It hurt!!
I got a follow up call last Tuesday with the immunologist in Madrid from all my bloods that were taken in June. My nk cells are normal and most other results are normal but he mentioned 3 of my results were off a little bit which he said that when he see’s women with implantation failure, it seems to be at least 2 of the things I have. The other one was KIR Karyotyping but he said that particular result wasn’t abnormal as such but was just a little grey and it’s to do with my result being c1 and if the donor or my coparents result is c2 then we could have an issue but it’s a bit bloomin late now when there’s already an embryo frozen. My coparent is not happy about that at all but 🤷🏼‍♀️ The Dr is not worried about the results (at least he says he isn’t!) and he said that I can be treated with medication and one of them, I need to start it at least 6 weeks beforehand so we can only see.
I’d planned to do my next transfer mid sept as that’s when I’ve got my annual leave & I got my protocol sent through (before my appointment with the immunologist) but my microbiome is still showing as being altered. My Dr said that I can just take probiotics again and continue them until transfer but this is the 2nd abnormal result so I’m not going to do my last transfer until it’s been checked yet again and is normal! I’m devastated about yet another delay but Id rather have a delay and know that was now ok than just go for it and hope it’s ok especially when they’ve said that microbiome is very important. So I’m back on the probiotics again and I’m just waiting for a prescription to start these new meds the Dr suggested and see when I can have a new microbiome test and then those results take 3-4 weeks so I reckon it’ll be oct/Nov before I transfer now 😩
Anyway, I hope everyone’s doing well 😘 xx

2721 - 2724 of 2724 Posts