Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1081 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh no Hope! It’s just one thing after another! Hopefully IB can give you some direction. Look after yourself and rest to get over this awful virus xx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Love_Lucy, yes it's literally one thing after another  :(
Covid can stay in your system for more than a month so by then Prostap would have come out of my system as It only covers me for a month. That's why I'm thinking what's the point. This is so depressing!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Awww Hope175, what a shame. But fingers crossed you can start it next month. It really is terribly challenging with all that's going on.

Love_Lucy, is this next transfer the last egg from this donor? Or have you got a few on ice? Hoping to god that it works for you this time xx

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hope175 sorry to hear you tested positive to Covid. Please God it does not effect you too much. xxx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks vrw100, we have 5 still frozen and are praying for success. I’m still waiting on my period so haven’t started yet and am ok with it being a little late as it hopefully gets us to a better position timing wise to be able to travel. Do you have a rough idea on when you’re hoping to try again or are you waiting to see how the situation changes?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Wow love_lucy 5 is a great number. I'm sure you will get a take home baby with those numbers. Sending you lots of baby dust.xxx

Love_Lucy will you transfer one or two embryos.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Indeed Love_lucy, 5 is a great number to have. We only have 2 from this donor. We're aiming to try for a transfer end of Feb but the reality is that we just don't know if the border will be open and it may be wishful thinking. I read something today that said the UK may stay in lockdown till march, and I can't see spain opening the border if we are in lockdown.

Are you getting out there this month on medical reasons? Did you need to get any special permissions for that? Xx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry Love_lucy, please ignore the last bit of my last message. I remember now that you're planning this cycle in the hope that the border is open because your virology screening goes out of date soon. Blonde moment for me! Xx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes I feel grateful  in still having the 5 remaining, we managed to get 7 in total and the first gave us my DD and the second was the recent miscarriage. If anything though I don’t have high hopes for the next cycle. Having got a BFP twice in a row I feel like the chances of getting it again are low...Quantity doesn’t always mean quality but hopefully there’s a sticky one in there

vrw100 yep the plan is still to see If borders open but I think you’re right that it will still be a while. Period still hasn’t come so haven’t started anything yet. I’m trying to understand the flight situation, do you need to prove anything to travel or can you get on a plane if you class it as essential. I know travel corridors have all been stopped in England but i’d be able to quarantine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Love_Lucy,

Hope you don't mind me chipping in.  I travelled to Alicante during the second lockdown in November and I wasn't asked to show anything in relation to my reasons for travel. I did ask IB to provide me with a letter just in case so that provided some piece of mind. Good luck, I do hope that you are able to make the trip  :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Awww, I totally understand your rationale Love_Lucy but remember that each cycle has a 50/50 chance of success, so success on the last 2 cycles doesn't mean this one won't work. Try to keep your positivity up. According to stats, 95% of people have achieved pregnancy by the time they've had the number of cycles that I've had, but none have worked for me to date.  There is no way of knowing, and each transfer has equal chance of success.

I've also been trying to find out if IVF is classed as essential medical treatment or not. I can't find any uk guidelines on what's classed as essential. It does seem like a good idea to get a letter from the clinic in current times, just to give some kind of backup for entry to spain.

What I have seen though is that you now need a negative PCR result to get back into the UK after being in spain. Thats new; it used to just be quarantine. I wonder if IB could arrange another PCR test once we get to spain? Or would the UK accept the PCR result that we used to get into spain, assuming its still within the 72 hours? The guidelines are so vague. Its hard to know.

Xx

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just had my own question answered on the news from a passenger they were interviewing arriving home. He said that he only needed a PCR test on the way out of the UK, but he was only away a few days, and the same test was valid for getting back into the UK xx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience Lollie, I hope your trip out there in November was a successful one ❤

Vrw100 - oh that’s good to know, I hadn’t even realised a negative PCR could be a requirement to get back in and yes I think i’ll request a letter as well for proof of why I’m travelling.
You sharing your positivity helps me keep going. I’m praying your luck is turned around in your next cycle!

Still waiting for the period, around a week late now. One thing that I always had going for me in my ttc journey were regular cycles, always spot on between 28-30 days. Now it seems totally messed up!

Xx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Awww, don't worry, its probably just taking longer to get back into sync. It will get back to regular as clockwork I'm sure. To be honest, its probably better if it delays you a bit because it gives more time to get the border open.  I think it would be quite a challenge to get flights just now, especially since we aren't allowed to cross regions to get to other airports. And even more of a headache if we were trying to book flights into and out of Spain within a 72 hour time window for the darn PCR test. Xx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I’m a total newbie to this forum but I have been watching it over the past few months. Its such a big help to read everyone's stories so I just wanted to thank you for all of your info.

My heart is breaking for all of you who have gotten bad news. This really is the longest, toughest road but I hope that all you strong ladies get the baba that you have been waiting for.

As for me, I have low ovarian reserve. Started TTC aged 36. We tried IUI once, then moved onto IVF where we only got 3 eggs (1 mature). No fertilization. Then we tried ICSI and got 6 eggs, no fertilization. Now moving on to ED in IB Alicante.

This damn pandemic has really thrown a spanner in the works. But we are supposed to be finally travelling on Friday so fingers crossed we get there.

Baby dust to you all xXx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Lola, welcome to the group and thanks for sharing your story. Having people to talk to that totally get it on this forum has been such a comfort during the tough times.
Wishing you all the best for your cycle and journey to Spain. Where are you from?

Vrw100  - yes it’s actually what I keep telling myself that a delay in my period wouldn’t be such a bad thing right now as hopefully we’ll be in a better position with the virus. Just got to believe it’s all happening for the right reasons.

Hope - how are you feeling? Hoping the virus hasn’t got you too badly!

Bailey - is your appointment coming up soon? Hope the clinic are supportive in the best way forward.

Shoegals - how are you doing? Hope little bub is growing nice and strong

Xx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Love_Lucy 😊
Im from Ireland. Yeah I have to say this website has really been my saviour over the past few months. Its heartbreaking to read everyones sad stories. And this pandemic is only adding to the stress 😔
But I suppose we just have to focus on the positives and hope for the best.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi Lola welcome. Irish too. I’ve one child with ED in Alicante (different clinic). And am pregnant now (hopefully still there scan tomorrow) with my second.
Best of luck. Need any info feel free to message me. 

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Lola - welcome to the board. I am in Ireland too. I had frozen transfer in September in IB and am now 20 weeks pregnant. Let me know if you need any information. Is this your first cycle with IB?

Love Lucy and Vrw100 - How are you both? Are the travel instructions still very confusing or has Spain opened its borders for arrivals from Britain yet?

Bailey - How are you doing? Have you a review with your clinic soon?

Hope - how are you feeling, I hope your symptoms have not been too bad.

ZC - congratulations on your pregnancy - hope the scan goes well today.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Welcome to the group Lola. I am also Irish living in London. I am not currently having treatment at IB and am actually at a clinic in London. However we are old patients of IB.
I am keeping grand ladies and our follow up appointment is Thursday 28th of January. But I don't expect that the doctor will be able to provide any answers. Just probably more so talking about how to go forward.
Love_Lucy I hope that your period comes soon so that you can plan your transfer. It's typical when you want it to come it doesn't and when you don't want it come it does. Best of luck with your transfer.
Lola also wishing you lots of luck with your transfer and have a safe flight. Keep us posted about how you get on.
ZC congratulations on your pregnancy and keeping everything crossed that the scan goes well. How many weeks are you?
VRW100 what's your plan at the moment. I hope you are keeping well.
Hope how have you been since your positive coronavirus test result. What are your plans now?
Shoegals I'm delighted to hear that you are at the half way mark. Will you find out the gender or keep it as a surprise?
Love and lots of baby dust to all. xxx

901 - 920 of 1081 Posts