Hi Hope175, IB haven't mentioned updating the tests to me but I have to admit that this has occurred to me. I'm not going to mention it and they insist on running all the tests again then I will get them done when I'm out there.
I'm getting pretty fed up with the wait but it looks like travel may be an option in may/June time?
I haven't had my 2nd vaccine yet either so that could end up being an issue.
Hi vrw100, I'm not going to mention it to them either but slightly worried that when I'm ready to start they will ask for it and it might delay things. The bloods are easy and I can get them done at my GP but the mammogram is not straight forward and expensive to pay for it privately.
I agree it looks like we may be able to travel May/June
Hopefully you can get your 2nd vaccine before then x
Hi everyone, we just had our scan today and everything looks ok.
We heard the heartbeat- amazing x
Also, I just wanted to say thank you to all the ladies who contribute to this forum, its such a big help being able to chat.
Good luck to everyone on your journey, I hope you all get to experience this. After years of heartache I never though we’d get here.
Keep the faith x
Hi Hope175, I’m doing ok thanks for asking. In the waiting game still. My tests expired in Feb and so far I’ve had my smear and will get the rest sorted early May in prep to start again.
We’ve booked a holiday mid May for when travel opens up again as my goodness I need a break after the year it’s been. I think June is likely for us to try again and i’m going back in the pill so I can steer my cycles towards the dates I want. Fingers crossed both the holiday and IVF happens again when I’m hoping.
Lola amazing news for your scan, congrats and enjoy this long awaited and much deserved feeling of joy!
Sending everyone else some love and hope you’re all ok with the day tomorrow. Even though I have DD, Mothers day still stings a bit and definitely retriggers the emotions of ones where I longed to celebrate it as a mother xx
Hi Love_Lucy, my tests have also expired. I think I might request the tests from my GP just in case IB ask for them. I'll also need to arrange for a mammogram. We will also try again most likely in June. I will be including Prostap so I'll probably get in touch with IB sometime in April to get the process going.
That's lovely you booked a holiday, you deserve it. Where will you be travelling to?
Maybe you, me and VRW100 will make it out there at the same time
We’ve booked a holiday to Andalusia in Spain. Who knows if it will go ahead and I was reluctant to spend money on a holiday and when don’t know what IVF costs lie ahead of us but a holiday feels very much needed right now!! We considered making a transfer into a holiday but it feels a lot to deal with with having an almost 2 year old with us...although we may look to do that if the holiday gets cancels.
I had my first vaccine in Feb and next one is due early May so fits well with the dates and it’s given me some reassurance in case vaccine base restrictions come in place.
We're aiming for June too for the next transfer and it would be just lovely if the 3 of us were out there at the same time 🤞. I'm pushing to get the 2nd dose sooner than 12 weeks just incase there are any delays with it, but I will need to update bloods etc. beforehand so hopefully it will all line up in time. Did you know that you can sign a waiver form for the ECG so that you don't need to repeat it?
This has been one heck of a delay this time around and it pretty much bombs us out for trying for a number 2 child, if the first one ever works (if this one works then I will be 48 when born so very little time left to go for number 2 after that, especially given that its taken 5 years so far and we haven't managed to achieve number 1). Its disappointing but it's the way it is so no point on dwelling on it.
Hooray! Did everyone get the email today? Spain
are lifting the travel ban on uk citizens from April! I think we might look at going for a may cycle, but only if the flights are available. What are you guys thinking? Xx
Thats the kind of timescale we are hoping for too Hope175, but we need the UK travel restrictions to lift, otherwise we won't be allowed to fly.
My husband and I have both emailed our MSP asking for exemption for IVF but with no success. Xx