I thought so too. But I wrote to my MSP months ago and was told that the mainstream travel restrictions applied. The medical exclusion category is really vague and it doesn't detail exactly what it means. Part of me wants to just go ahead anyway and hope that I can get on the plane because I've not heard of airlines doing any kind of checks when it comes to the reason for flying. Thats why I'm still hoping for May, xx
Ooh I've not had an email! That's great news, finally!!
We'll be looking at either end of May if our holiday gets cancelled or mid June if it goes ahead.
I found this information on the gov.uk website. The medical exemption is very vague but maybe that could work in our favour. If we have something to prove we have a scheduled transfer from the clinic there should be no stopping us.
Well done Love_Lucy, that reads as though it would indeed work in our favour. The Scottish government have been brilliant at avoiding giving proposed dates for international travel. I can't stand the SNP and the only thing I can be sure of is that she will make sure whatever she does, its different to the UK government. Its very frustrating but she's trying to make out that Scotland is somehow different to the rest of the UK, and putting different timescales on things is one of her ways to make her point.
I'll have a look at the poisoned dwarf's guidelines to see if they mirror the UK ones for medical grounds to travel. Because if they do, then I would say that's a green light.
Folks, I've just had an email from IB advising that its not clear at the moment whether Spain are going to let uk citizens in for medical reasons. They're trying to clarify the position and said they would get back to us.
Has anyone else heard this? Xx
Hi Hope, sorry I didn't see your message. I'm hoping to avoid these quarantine hotels. As far as I understand, we can quarantine at home, unless its a red list country (which spain currently isn't).
I will fly from England though because all flights into Scotland have to quarantine in hotels. Xx
Hmm yes vrw100 it could still be an issue. I thought they were opening up fully to the UK but seems some restrictions in place. Their restrictions don’t mention medical needs. Hopefully by June they’ll open up beyond their restrictions. Let us know what IB says.
I think it’s too soon to tell if quarentine hotels will be required, guess it depends on which conditions Boris puts in place. Think his announcement on this is on the 12th? Can’t believe we’re already in April!
I can't believe we are in April already either. I haven't heard back from them yet but will defo let you know when I do. We were thinking on going for a may cycle but it looks like it won't happen. Wait and see folks xx
Hello ladies, I heard back from IB today and unfortunately medical reasons is not one of the current exemptions from the UK, so we can't currently get into Spain. The consulate are going to review this at the end of April but for now, we can't cross the border.
I wish I had better news for you all xx
I know, I totally understand. I actually think it feels worse this time around. Its been longer than the last time and we now also have to factor in the possibility of further waves. It feels like the window for opening up could be pretty narrow.....when it eventually happens.
I even approached IB about the possibility of sending the eggs over here to be transferred, but that isn't allowed because of the differing rules between the UK and the rest of Europe.
Its a no win situation. We have no option but to wait. I think its pretty shabby that the government haven't put an exemption law in place for those undergoing IVF abroad. They've had a year to do it, but we still have to sit and wait for folk to be allowed to go on holiday before we can travel! Its a poor show xx
Hello ladies, checking in to see if anyone has any updates, looks like theres still restrictions in place so we continue to wait. I have my second vaccine in a few days so that’s a positive step I guess.
Hi Hope175 thanks for the update, I was thinking of emailing IB so it’s good to see your response. It’s such a grey area I have considered seeing if we can risk it but at the same know know the extra level of stress it will put on me as well! I saw news about Spain hoping to open to brits in June so trying to hold on to that.
What are you thinking of doing?x
Hi ladies. I hope you are all doing ok and can cycle soon. We have just received word today that we have been matched with both donors so all going well we should be able to cycle in July. Please God this time there is a better outcome than the last time. Sending baby dust to all. xxx