Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1694 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I agree and like you said it's hardly our fault. She's far better than Ada though. I was given Ada after Virginia but she decided to go on leave and not even tell me so I'm glad she did as she was absolutely rubbish.

Wow that's quite expensive. But great that they guarantee you get and stay pregnant until 23/24 weeks or they hand your money back.

Is Sat your OTD? Will you take a home pregnancy test?
It definitely hurt paying the bill 😜. I will end up going for HPT on Monday because our GP isn't open on a Saturday to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh my, thats a big decision, but its also one that I totally get. Especially with all the covid carry on and the delays. Life just goes on hold and stays that way for years for IVF couples, and its not healthy. I said to my OH that if we hadn't been on this guarantee programme, then I would have stopped with the failed double transfer in sept/oct last year. Its a tough thing to go through IVF anyway, but with covid nonsense it has become ridiculous.
Yes it is but it's been years of trying unsuccessfully and life has been on hold. We agreed that this would be the last if this fails.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not long to go now. Do you have any symptoms or feel any different?
Not anything to speak of and certainly nothing to get excited about. A few random tugs/cramps in lower abdomen, otherwise nothing. But that's happened before and it was nothing too. I think its the progesterone that does it. Are you getting anything more positive than me?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got my projesterone results back and they went from 75 on Saturday to 240 today so no adjustments needed for meds and I won't have to go back until Thursday for my pregnancy blood test ☺

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes it is but it's been years of trying unsuccessfully and life has been on hold. We agreed that this would be the last if this fails.
Yep, I totally get that. Life has to go on at some stage. We have just agreed that if IVF doesn't work, then life will just look a little different, but not any worse. I've been given the go ahead to fill our house with cockapoos if IVF fails after the guarantee programme is exhausted 😜.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not anything to speak of and certainly nothing to get excited about. A few random tugs/cramps in lower abdomen, otherwise nothing. But that's happened before and it was nothing too. I think its the progesterone that does it. Are you getting anything more positive than me?
Nothing at all other than feeling exhausted (lack of sleep) minor twinges which is most definitely from the projesterone. I can't remember how I felt last cycle so can't really compare and I wasn't on 1/4 of the meds that I'm on now.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yep, I totally get that. Life has to go on at some stage. We have just agreed that if IVF doesn't work, then life will just look a little different, but not any worse. I've been given the go ahead to fill our house with cockapoos if IVF fails after the guarantee programme is exhausted 😜.
Awwww that's brilliant, you have something to look forward to then but fingers crossed it will all be fine this round and you get your BFP on Monday ☺

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hope175, were these 2 wee embies tested? There is so much riding on them and I'm praying that they come good for you.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Will you hold out until Monday to test vrw100 or will you test earlier?
Hope175 we are probably at that stage also. But we will use our last remaining embryos and see what happens. It's daunting almost to think of not doing anymore ivf especially when it's been life consuming for 11 years. Please God this last transfer has worked and you get a positive test on Thursday. Are you having any symptoms?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm going to watch two webinars this Thursday one is on natural killer cells and the other is about intralipids. Hoping I can learn something new about it. I have no questions to ask at my review except when can I transfer again.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Were yours tested?
Yes, the eggs were tested this time around because Dr C said that 97% of people would have fallen pregnant after 4 apparently grade A transfers, so they wanted to rule out any issues with the eggs in the first instance. So 4 eggs made it to blasts at day 5 and all were tested; 2 were abnormal at that stage and not taken forward. Of the 2 that were left, one was transferred last week and other is still frozen.

I think though that testing the eggs can also damage perfectly healthy eggs so its not a risk free thing, and I think that's why they don't do it routinely.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Will you hold out until Monday to test vrw100 or will you test earlier?
Hope175 we are probably at that stage also. But we will use our last remaining embryos and see what happens. It's daunting almost to think of not doing anymore ivf especially when it's been life consuming for 11 years. Please God this last transfer has worked and you get a positive test on Thursday. Are you having any symptoms?
Jeez Bailey77, you wee love, 11 years is heart breaking. We've been about 6 years to date and thats bad enough. If there is any justice in the world then one of those little embies will be your little miracle baby.

My plan is to hold out till Monday because every time I test early, I'm so gutted. I think I will try and stay in the little PUPO bubble until D-day this time, even though its so hard.
I'm going to watch two webinars this Thursday one is on natural killer cells and the other is about intralipids. Hoping I can learn something new about it. I have no questions to ask at my review except when can I transfer again.
To be fair, thats the most important question to ask. IB have great success rates and in spite of their recent decline with patient care, I still believe they will get there for you with the important bit.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
We are 11 years trying to make a baby and 9 years 4 clinics doing ivf.
You are so strong not testing early. I start testing at 5 days and reckon this last transfer I went through about 20 tests. Maybe next time I should hold out.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Dr C was also my doctor. He did the same with us and transferred a pgs tested embryo to see if it was the problem also.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would agree that pgs is not all it's made out to be. Out of 6 embryos 2 of ours came back normal. We did single transfers and neither transfer resulted in a pregnancy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We are 11 years trying to make a baby and 9 years 4 clinics doing ivf.
You are so strong not testing early. I start testing at 5 days and reckon this last transfer I went through about 20 tests. Maybe next time I should hold out.
We are 12 years approx. 3 clinics, 6 iui's and 5 rounds of IVF.

I think it's much easier to hold off tbh.
Wow 20 tests 😂

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would agree that pgs is not all it's made out to be. Out of 6 embryos 2 of ours came back normal. We did single transfers and neither transfer resulted in a pregnancy.
I wonder if any of the embryos they discard would have possibly resulted in a successful pregnancy.

1501 - 1520 of 1694 Posts