Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1521 - 1540 of 1651 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I know I do wonder that too. There is some that think the ones that are biopsied as abnormal may in fact self correct in the womb and go on to be a viable pregnancy.

Reactions: Hope175

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would agree that pgs is not all it's made out to be. Out of 6 embryos 2 of ours came back normal. We did single transfers and neither transfer resulted in a pregnancy.
Mmmm, this doesn't bode well for us either then, because that is exactly the same as what he is doing now. I asked if he would transfer the 2 together but he said no, because they were tested. Yet you've had 2 tested ones transferred and neither worked anyway. Its all such a lottery.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yeah they won't transfer 2 pgs tested embryos because there is a high chance that both would take. The pgs tested embryos I had transferred was not at ib. It was at the clinic I was at before ib. He is just using the same reasoning by ruling out any potential problems with the embryo. I'm sure your embryo is getting nicely snuggled in.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had an embryo adoption at ib and that embryo was pgs tested which was because Dr C wanted to rule out embryo involvement. I think I got pregnant but had another miscarriage. I have immune issues so the lack of implantation and miscarriages could all be related to that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had an embryo adoption at ib and that embryo was pgs tested which was because Dr C wanted to rule out embryo involvement. I think I got pregnant but had another miscarriage. I have immune issues so the lack of implantation and miscarriages could all be related to that.
I'm sorry you've had such a rough journey Bailey77. Its not fair that one person has to go through so many miscarriages. Life can be so unkind.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi ladies, I hope you're all doing well.

Vrw100 hope you've arrived safely and you're resting up now.

Love_Lucy hope you're excited for your appointment tomorrow and you can start planning next steps.

Quick question ladies, any of you experience a small bleed before your pregnancy test due date?

I've basically had very sharp stabbing pain this morning on my left side. It comes on suddenly for a few seconds then disappears. I put my suppositories in earlier and when I got up to go to the toilet I found a little blood. I don't think I would start my period as I'm on the meds right? Just worried about what this bleed is ☹

·
Registered
400 Posts
It could be bleeding caused by irritation from the pessaries sometimes they irritate the cervix. I’ve had some when I wipe and then it would go.
When is your beta or hpt due?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes @Hope175 like Shoegals has mentioned it could be irritation. Was it you that had some spotting a few days before transfer as well? It could also be implantation.

So hard to tell at this stage! Glad you haven’t got long to wait now until your test tomorrow!xx

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes @Hope175 like Shoegals has mentioned it could be irritation. Was it you that had some spotting a few days before transfer as well? It could also be implantation.

So hard to tell at this stage! Glad you haven’t got long to wait now until your test tomorrow!xx
Yes it was me. I hope it's implantation.
I'm getting my test done early tomorrow as they need the results back asap. If it's a positive I'll be back in the afternoon intralipids. If it's a negative I'm going to stuff my face with lots of food 🤣

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone 😘
Hope you’re all doing ok and enjoying these sunny days.
In relation to the guarantee programme. My first cycle, I only ended up with 1 embryo. Like yoh @vrw100 I’m also on my 2nd cycle now and got 4 embryos and I’ve had 3 transferred and have 1 frozen left and then I’ve only got 1 more cycle so if this next transfer fails, I’ll be praying like I’ve never prayed before for a decent amount of embryos next cycle because once that 3rd round is used up, that’s the programme over for us and I’m not sure what the next steps are. I’m definitely starting to feel more anxious now about possibly nearing the end of the programme but more so, if they still don’t want to do any further tests yet before this last frozen one gets transferred. I’ve never had any embryos tested or anything other than what I would think is the standard tests so we’ll see what feedback I get in my follow up.

I still absolutely adore Dr Moliner and everything about the clinic. I have so much faith in them so I’m just not ready to walk away yet and wouldn’t be even if I didn’t have the programme. It’s been a bloody long 7 years for me with 3 clinics and only 2 iui’s, 4 transfers within that time and with countless home inseminations before we came to IB in 2018. It’s hard to believe that we have all invested so much of our lives into this. It’s 7 years I’ve purposely stayed single because I want a baby more than a man but there’s no guarantee I’ll get my baby and by then, I’ll be so old and miserable, no man will want me anyway!!! 😂

Ahhhhh not long now @Hope175 & @vrw100. I’m just keeping absolutely everything crossed for you and really really hope that it’s both your times now. I bet neither of you are going to agree but time has passed fairly quickly since your transfers.

@Love_Lucy Good luck for your follow up. I hope you get the answers to your questions.
Lots of love, thoughts and baby dust to you all xx

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks @LJ79

I was on the pregnancy guarantee when I had DD. I’ve got such severe endometriosis and had multiple major surgeries that I never had faith i’d get pregnant. I’d heard of so many people paying thousands for IVF that I wanted the reassurance of getting the money back and having options if it all failed. Ironically I got pregnant with my first ever transfer (we had to go straight to DE as cysts have eaten my ovaries!). It’s been a little struggle since then but thankfully we have a few more frozen and FETs are not as expensive. We won’t ever do a full cycle again. Lets see what Dr Castillo says tomorrow, I’m ready to try again.

It is such a lottery and you don’t know what’s round the corner for you. Take it a cycle at a time and try not to worry about the end. Being in the guarantee programme means they’ll do absolutely everything for you xx

·
Registered
271 Posts
@Hope175 I agree with LJ79, feels like the time has flown by since your transfer! All the best for tomorrow. Great that you get the result so quickly and hopefully you’re having to make a trip in again to get those intralipids in the afternoon!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thank you ladies. I can't believe it's tomorrow. Time has gone really quickly although I've not been doing much 😃 I've been off work and just enjoying my time off.

Good luck with your follow up appointment tomorrow xx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks @LJ79

I was on the pregnancy guarantee when I had DD. I’ve got such severe endometriosis and had multiple major surgeries that I never had faith i’d get pregnant. I’d heard of so many people paying thousands for IVF that I wanted the reassurance of getting the money back and having options if it all failed. Ironically I got pregnant with my first ever transfer (we had to go straight to DE as cysts have eaten my ovaries!). It’s been a little struggle since then but thankfully we have a few more frozen and FETs are not as expensive. We won’t ever do a full cycle again. Lets see what Dr Castillo says tomorrow, I’m ready to try again.

It is such a lottery and you don’t know what’s round the corner for you. Take it a cycle at a time and try not to worry about the end. Being in the guarantee programme means they’ll do absolutely everything for you xx
I’m really pleased that you’re ready to try again. It definitely feels slightly less pressure when there’s some embryos frozen waiting so I hope it’s a relief that you have them too.
I feel the same as you did about our reasons for choosing the programme and feel reassured by being on it, that I know they’ll try their best and they obviously had faith that they could succeed by accepting me on it. Let’s face it, they don’t want to give me any money back but there is always that horrible niggling doubt in the back of my head (like you all have, I’m sure) but that’s so great that you are proof that this really works ☺ I’ve been starting to doubt donor eggs even though the odds are allegedly higher. I take comfort from the fact that it’s worked for you so thank you for sharing that.

Everything crossed that Dr Castillo has a plan! I’ve heard good things about him xx

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh my, such a lot of activity that I've missed today. Wishing you all the luck in the world for tomorrow Hope175, I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Love_lucy, I'm really hoping that you come away from tomorrow's meeting with a plan that picks you up and inspires you after this latest round. I will be thinking of you.

LJ79, it sounds like you are pretty much at the same stage as me in the guarantee programme. We have 1 egg left with donor 2, then its onto the 3rd and final donor. We are also giving up for good if all the rounds fail, so I am also rather nervous about being this far through and with not even a hint of pregnancy to date.

I think that all of us have such a lot going on just now and it would be so wonderful if the gods of baby dust would shine on us all in the coming weeks and months.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hope175 wishing you the best of luck for your beta hcg today.

Love_Lucy good luck with your appointment today.

·
Registered
271 Posts
@Hope175 YESSSSS!!! Congratulations!! ;D^hugme^That's the good news we need to see on this board!! What was your HCG number? Not surprised you're in shock after everything! Wishing you a very healthy pregnancy!

I've had my consultation with Dr Castillo. He will be my doctor going forward now as Dr Llacer has left IB. He seems really lovely so feeling comfortable with that. My protocol is going to stay the same the only difference he advised would be to transfer 2 embryos rather than 1 this time. I'm not sure what to do. I feel like if both take, twins may be a bit too much for us financially but on the other hand it gives us a better chance of getting pregnant on the next cycle. I have 4 embryos left and my plan is to keep going until I either have another baby or use them all up and that's when the journey will end. Putting in 2 will escalate that journey for us especially if they're still embryos in there that won't ever implant - if that makes sense. Confused on what to do an would appreciate some thoughts from you lovely lot.

Also apparently I don't need to wait until my period to start the next cycle as my ovaries are still inactive so I'm starting my next cycle TOMORROW! - bit confused by that as well to be honest

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Huge congratulations Hope175. That's such wonderful news. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.

Love_Lucy Great that you can start straight away. There is a risk with a double transfer that you end up with twins or more. On the last double transfer I had one embryo split so I was pregnant with triplets. Sadly i lost all three but probably due to my immunes. Do you want to have 4 more transfers or would you rather have 2 transfers but with double embryos? Best of luck with your decision.

1521 - 1540 of 1651 Posts