Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1651 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
@Hope175 YESSSSS!!! Congratulations!! ;D^hugme^That's the good news we need to see on this board!! What was your HCG number? Not surprised you're in shock after everything! Wishing you a very healthy pregnancy!

I've had my consultation with Dr Castillo. He will be my doctor going forward now as Dr Llacer has left IB. He seems really lovely so feeling comfortable with that. My protocol is going to stay the same the only difference he advised would be to transfer 2 embryos rather than 1 this time. I'm not sure what to do. I feel like if both take, twins may be a bit too much for us financially but on the other hand it gives us a better chance of getting pregnant on the next cycle. I have 4 embryos left and my plan is to keep going until I either have another baby or use them all up and that's when the journey will end. Putting in 2 will escalate that journey for us especially if they're still embryos in there that won't ever implant - if that makes sense. Confused on what to do an would appreciate some thoughts from you lovely lot.

Also apparently I don't need to wait until my period to start the next cycle as my ovaries are still inactive so I'm starting my next cycle TOMORROW! - bit confused by that as well to be honest
Thats great news Love_Lucy, and it all sounds very positive. I had to make this decision with the last 2 embryos from the first donor. In the end I decided on a double transfer. My thinking was that it increased your chance of pregnancy from 50% to 70 or 75% (can't remember which it was). They told me there was a 20% chance of twins. I took the chance based on the 25% uplift with the chance of falling pregnant.

I guess the difference with you is that you already have DD so 3 babies is a considerably bigger leap. I can also understand what you mean about not wanting to accelerate the journey. Its ironic but there is a certain safety in hope whilst there are still eggs to transfer, but once they are gone......

Tough decision, but if I were you, I would go for a double transfer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you ladies.

I can't believe I'm writing this and still in shock but I'm officially pregnant omg 😊
Hope175, is this your first pregnancy? I bet your struggling to take it in just now? But you just settle in and look after yourself and bubba x

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thank you so much ladies. I never thought this day would come. I've cried I've laughed today. Just a mix of emotions.

Praying for all you lovely Ladies.

Love_Lucy my beta was 366 so a great number my clinic said. IB haven't actually got back to me yet surprise surprise. I had no idea Dr Llacer was leaving.

We googled these numbers and it's says twins possibly triplets gulp lol. I asked my clinic and they said it's a very very small chance that it could be triplets so I'm feeling reassured. I didn't have intralipids as they said I won't need them today as my numbers are high which means the embryos are growing. I had bloods for immunes and progesterone and FBC. Will be back to tomorrow for more tests.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you so much ladies. I never thought this day would come. I've cried I've laughed today. Just a mix of emotions.

Praying for all you lovely Ladies.

Love_Lucy my beta was 366 so a great number my clinic said. IB haven't actually got back to me yet surprise surprise. I had no idea Dr Llacer was leaving.

We googled these numbers and it's says twins possibly triplets gulp lol. I asked my clinic and they said it's a very very small chance that it could be triplets so I'm feeling reassured. I didn't have intralipids as they said I won't need them today as my numbers are high which means the embryos are growing. I had bloods for immunes and progesterone and FBC. Will be back to tomorrow for more tests.
OMG, twins!!!! How simply marvellous!!! Well done Hope175 ❤❤❤

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hope175 That is a brilliant number 366. How would you feel about twins?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
or triplets?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hope175, is this your first pregnancy? I bet your struggling to take it in just now? But you just settle in and look after yourself and bubba x
Awww thank you. Yes this is my first pregnancy. Yes I still can't believe it. Not sure when it will sink in. Waiting to hear your good news on Monday 😊 xx

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Did the clinic give any indication when you would need the intralipids or is it dependent on your blood work?
I'm very curious because with my last bfp they never callled me for my intralipids.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would be delighted with twins also. Two for the price of one hahaha.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Did the clinic give any indication when you would need the intralipids or is it dependent on your blood work?
I'm very curious because with my last bfp they never callled me for my intralipids.
Yes they did but it's all gone over my head lol. But I think they said it will be dependent on my results. I'll let you know as I'm back tomorrow and I think if not everyday then every other day until my 6 week scan. Today they've done my cytokines and NK cells and I think full blood count and projesterone.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What a great number @Hope175! Will you have another HCG test to see how they’re progressing? You must feel like such a pin cushion at the moment but it must be reassuring having a clinic taking great care of you!

Thanks for your views on transferring 2. Lots to think about and discuss with DH!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
OK I eagerly await your update.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Also yes no surprising IB haven’t got back to you yet! I’ve not had my plan yet but am starting my cycle tomorrow 😐 luckily it’s the same protocol so i’ll just start with the progynova in the morning.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What a great number @Hope175! Will you have another HCG test to see how they’re progressing? You must feel like such a pin cushion at the moment but it must be reassuring having a clinic taking great care of you!

Thanks for your views on transferring 2. Lots to think about and discuss with DH!
Yes that will be tomorrow. I can't fault the clinic, they're amazing and so so grateful that I'm doing monitoring and immunes with them. If it weren't for them I'm not sure I would have had a positive pregnancy test today. When I told the nurse today that IB said my projesterone level of 54 was optimal she looked very surprised. Fingers crossed it progresses

Yes lots to think about with DH. My DH was very keen to put the 2 back as they were the last 2 xx

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also yes no surprising IB haven’t got back to you yet! I’ve not had my plan yet but am starting my cycle tomorrow 😐 luckily it’s the same protocol so i’ll just start with the progynova in the morning.
Why don't you call them? That's really bad they haven't got back to you.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Awww thank you. Yes this is my first pregnancy. Yes I still can't believe it. Not sure when it will sink in. Waiting to hear your good news on Monday 😊 xx
Aww, thanks Hope175, thats really sweet, but unfortunately I have absolutely zero indication that anything is any different this time to any of the failed previous transfers.

1541 - 1560 of 1651 Posts