Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7

261K views 3K replies 60 participants last post by  Maddie25 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello ladies,

I have created a new home for you all, lucky number 7! The other thread is getting a bit long now. I wish you all lots of luck and happy cycling in Spain.

Lots of baby dust to you all. I'm hoping to see lots more BFPs in the coming weeks and months.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

#2,403 ·
Hey @JessicaR1981 congratulations on your 12 week scan. That must be a relief to have reached and all be ok. I hope you’re not too sore, sounds like you had an interesting scan with all that jumping. Thank you for sharing about your bleed, it’s really reassuring. I haven’t had anything since, touch wood. And I’ve done 2 more tests since the spotting and both have come back as strong and progressing positives. So I’m trying to think positive thoughts. I have a scan booked for 6 weeks fingers crossed all goes to plan. Shoulder is getting better thank you, was quite honestly the worst pain I have ever felt! - I had a scan and we debated having a cortisone but think I’ll hold off a few more weeks and see if it keeps getting better. Body is quite good at reabsorbing the calcific deposits so hoping this happens.
@Bailey 77 hope all went well today for you

@Love_Lucy thanks for your congratulations. I don’t blame you for wanting to have it under sedation - why put yourself through unnecessary pain 🤷‍♀️😂. Hope the 15th comes round quickly for you xx

#2,404 ·
Thanks dodo012.
Biopsy went smoothly today and was not as painful as the last time although I did have myself nicely topped up with pain killers.
Love_Lucy best of luck with the pessaries. I hope they make your period come so you can stay on schedule with the hysteroscopy.

Reactions: LJ79
#2,406 ·
@Bailey 77 I’m pleased you found the procedure bearable. Well done for getting through it. When do you get the results?

I’ve picked up my medication today. I go to Asda pharmacy and they’ve said they can’t get the size of needles IB want me to use for the lubion. I’m not too worried yet cos as well as picking my meds up today, I booked my trip to Alicante for my hysteroscopy so hopefully I can pick some needles up while I’m in Spain if I can’t get any from any other pharmacy. Have any of you ladies had any issues getting needles?
I’m scared of using the lubion. It was bad enough with clexane having a needle fear but now I have to do lubion too and I feel utterly sick. I think that’s why I’m not stressing about the needles yet cos I’m in denial about having to use them haha!

Sending love and good thoughts to you all xx

#2,407 ·
@Bailey 77 so glad the procedure wasn’t as bad as you feared. Are you expecting results in two weeks?

@Love_Lucy I hope the progesterone works and you can stay on track for the December hysteroscopy. Good to hear you’ll have sedation too.

@LJ79 Christmas is always a tough time especially with newborns around. We had it in 2019 with my nephew. I was dreading it but actually really loved all the cuddles. I have lots of needles left from Lubion so can post them to you if needed? Mixing and injecting. IB never specified a size with me but they are from the prescription they shared with Stork.

If anyone uses Utrogestan I can post my spares out for those too. They expire in March. I couldn’t use with IB as my last UK cycle had an allergic reaction to Utrogestan. I think I have two unopened boxes.

#2,408 ·
Hi @JessicaR1981 Yeah I think it’ll be tough. This little boy is due in 2 weeks time and I’m already getting snappy with my brother so that’s not great! Hopefully I’ll get past that and enjoy some cuddles too. That’s amazing in relation to your offer of the needles. Thank you so much. How much would you like for them? Im guessing the needles that you got from stork will be similar sizing to what I need if they’ve both come from IB. Any tips in relation to administering lubion will be gratefully received too. I was absolutely pathetic when it came to starting clexane and I feel like I just started to get used to it at the end of my treatment but I’m thinking this is gonna be a whole new level!
I used utrogestan on my first 2 transfers but I’ve been using cyclogest for my last 3.

Hope everyone’s safe and well from this storm. It’s been horrific and still is so I hope everyone’s having a peaceful weekend xx

#2,409 ·
JessicaR1981 yes they siad it would be approximately two weeks for the results and they will be in touch.

#2,412 ·
Good luck for your results @Bailey 77

Oh wow @JessicaR1981 that’s really really kind of you. Thank you so much. At least let me pay for the postage then. I’ve never PM’d anyone on here, how do I do that? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Haha.
I don’t need to inject the lubion until after my scan which so far is around the 27th January so there’s plenty of time before I use it.
Thanks for the injection tips too. I got some great tips off the girls too for using clexane xx

#2,415 ·
Hi ladies,
Hope you’re all keeping ok and have had nice weekends.
Not much going on at my end. I had a prostap injection last week and I have another one in the 30th.
I’m getting more used to this elimination diet I’m on so I hope it does what I’ve been told it does and that’s reducing inflammation in my body. I’m thinking (and hoping!) it can only be a good thing, surely?!
I’ve booked my flights and hotel did my hysteroscopy so I’m flying out on the 2nd January….unless Boris scuppers my plans (again!!)

keep going ladies, every day that passes is hopefully a day closer to our dreams 🤞🏻 Xx

#2,416 ·
Hi LJ 79. Great that you have your plan in place for your hysteroscopy, flight and hotel booked. Please God Boris doesn't change anything as that would put a spanner in the works. Do you mind me asking why you are having two prostrap injections?

Our results from the era, Alice and Emma biopsy are back at care and the secretary rang the other day to book us in for a consultation with the doctor. So we have an appointment on Monday. Please God they are ok. Although in a really weird way I'm hoping they found something to explain the lack of implantation, chemical pregnancy and miscarriage. If not I guess it's just all down to my immunes. Good news recently is that I have found a job and am just going through the process with HR to get started. Not sure yet how it will impact the IVF treatment but hopefully I can work around it. We are heading to Ireland for Christmas as long as LJ 79 said Boris doesn't change things.

Hope everyone is doing well. And sending lots of baby dust. Xxx

#2,417 ·
Congrats on the new job @Bailey 77 and best of luck for the results on Monday. Totally understand the feeling of not wanting something new found to deal with but also hoping to get an answer on why things haven't been working. I'm feeling the same in the anticipation up to the hysteroscopy.

@LJ79 that's great you have flights and everything sorted for Jan. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for you that Boris doesn't put new rules restrictions in. What are you eliminating from your diet and was it something IB suggested you do? I know we're getting closer to your brother's baby due date as well so hoping you're coping ok with that.

xx

#2,418 ·
Thanks Love_Lucy. When are you having your hysteroscopy? Did you get your period?

#2,419 ·
Yes thanks my period eventually came after course of progesterone so have managed to stay on track for the hysteroscopy, it’s next Wednesday. I’m hoping I can have the result by the new year. I’m currently on the pill to get my conditions right for the hysteroscopy so hoping I can stay on it until we have the results and start the next cycle straight away.

#2,420 ·
Best of luck with your hysteroscopy and let us know how it goes. Xxx

#2,421 ·
Hi ladies,

Congratulations on the new job @Bailey 77 and good luck for your results on Monday. From the results, I hope you can formulate a plan moving forward.
I’ve no idea why I’m having 2 prostap injections. I didn’t querythat to be honest. I’m thinking it might be because this pre treatment cycle is a really long one. I started Letrozole on the 15th Nov and I’m on it until about the 13th Jan with the 2 prostap injections on the 2nd and 30th Dec.
Boris better not play funny buggers cos I’m not in the mood to play his stupid games! 🤬

@Love_Lucy Good luck for Wednesday. I hope the procedure goes well and you can also make a plan for the next cycle. I just decided to look into my diet myself, it’s never been great and I’ve often thought I could have a touch of digestion/gut issues so I went to a dietician and I wanted her to check my vitamin D levels too and she did loads of tests and I’m pretty much intolerant to food!!! 🙄 She said I need to be gluten free, soy free, dairy free. I’m intolerant to white potato, tomato, lettuce, onion, garlic, rose & white wine, Prosecco and champagne and beers, lagers and ciders. Im finding some days bad and I’m missing chocolate and cheese! Christmas is gonna be fun! She said that if I keep away from those foods, I should reduce inflammation in my body. It might be a load of rubbish but at this moment in time I’m willing to give anything a try.

I’ve struggled a bit this week. You’re right @Love_Lucy my brothers baby was born this week and I’m finding it hard. He’s not with the mother and she’s going to make things really hard for him. She’s being an absolute d***head and I’m so angry that he’s in this situation and so it looks like he’s going to need to seek legal advice! I also found out tonight my hairdresser is pregnant through ivf with her 2nd. She started trying for her 1st after me and now she’s got her 2nd on the way and I can’t even get a positive test! She’s actually also my coparent’s niece so she’s close. Things are just a bit tough but I suppose it’s not too much longer before I have my hysteroscopy and see what comes back from that.

Sorry it’s another long one! Hope everyone’s doing ok and I’m sending love and hope to you all xxx

#2,423 ·
Congratulations on the new job @Bailey 77! And wishing you the best of luck for your results tomorrow. I hope they tell you they’ve found something minor and treatable which explains the challenges you’ve had in recent transfers. At least that’s what I always hoped for! Hope your consultant has a good plan in mind.

Wishing you lots of luck for Wednesday too @Love_Lucy l’m so glad you were able to stay on track with the date in the end.

@LJ79 sorry to hear you’re having a tough time. It’s so hard when it feels like things come easily/work for everyone else but you. And the difficulties your brother is facing with the mother must just make it harder to understand why some people deserve this when you’re still desperately trying. Try and be kind to yourself and focus on your treatment plan. Not long to go until you’ll be back in Spain now.

I have a scan tomorrow after three weeks so hoping everything still looks ok. I feel like I’m just waiting to be told something is wrong at every appointment it’s really hard to keep faith that there actually is a healthy baby growing in there. This period of no symptoms and no movement is a struggle! Just trying to tick off each day.

#2,424 ·
Thanks JessicaR1981 and the best of luck with your scan tomorrow. Xxx

#2,426 ·
Thanks LJ79 xxx

#2,428 ·
Hi hope175. How is your pregnancy going?
We just had our phone call from the doctor. My window of implantation was slightly out so instead of 5 days of progesterone pre-transfer we only need 4 days. The bad bacteria and endometriosis were fine. She did say if I wanted to take a probiotic it would do no harm. So we could do a transfer in January but I am starting the new job and think it's best to leave it until I'm settled in the job before we do another transfer.
Sending baby dust to all xxx

#2,429 ·
Hi hope175. How is your pregnancy going?
We just had our phone call from the doctor. My window of implantation was slightly out so instead of 5 days of progesterone pre-transfer we only need 4 days. The bad bacteria and endometriosis were fine. She did say if I wanted to take a probiotic it would do no harm. So we could do a transfer in January but I am starting the new job and think it's best to leave it until I'm settled in the job before we do another transfer.
Sending baby dust to all xxx
I’m pleased you’ve had your appointment @Bailey 77 and that they’ve confirmed several things with you. I hope that these tweaks now with the implantation window and probiotic will get you your baby. It must be a relief knowing the endometriosis and bad bacteria were fine.
How do you feel after your appointment?
Have you thought about when your next transfer will be after you start your job or are you just going to play it by ear? Xx

#2,430 ·
I'm happy they found something that we can do something about going forward. I have no idea yet when I will be able to do a transfer. First thing is to start the job and suss out my shift pattern etc. Once I'm settled in then I'll think about a transfer. I had hoped to do a transfer in January but now I'll be working so it's kind of a wait and see game.
How are you doing LJ79?

#2,431 ·
JessicaR1981 how was the scan today?

#2,432 ·
Just wondering if anyone is taking a probiotic that you would recommend.

#2,434 ·
Thanks Love_Lucy.

I requested my reports of the biopsy today as I felt slightly confused about the doctor saying I needed only 4 days of progesterone. Anyway the secretary sent me on the report and sure enough I was right to be confused. According to the report I need one day extra of progesterone and not one day less. I'm so happy I queried it and asked for the report. The doctor we spoke with is on leave until Thursday so hopefully we can get some clarification. Also the report for the EMMA biopsy the company who processed the biopsy have recommended Probiotic treatment but the Doctor when she mentioned the probiotics never mentioned that they were vaginal pessaries and to take them if I wanted as they could do no harm. Actually I don't think she read these reports properly before giving us the information which has me a little concerned as she is our new doctor because the old doctor is going on maternity leave.