Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but have just been told i have SPD:symphasis pubis dysfunction (hope its spelt right) and what i want to know is will it make it less likely that i can have a vaginal delivery? i really would prefer to have "normal" delivery and not a c section if at all possible. any views/information on the subject will be gratefully recived.
thank you
phillipa

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I had it and had a vaginal delivery  :)  It didn't get too bad for me until the last 2 weeks when I slipped and really exacerbated it, and then I couldn't hardly walk.  They just measure the gap you can part your legs in labour and somebody can then watch and ensure you don't go past that point - especially if you have an epidural and can't tell yourself if you're hurting. 

I know Jac had SPD too with Jaqson, and she had a vaginal delivery  :) 

Hope it doesn't get too bad for you.  Just follow all the advice and hopefully you can keep it under control. 

Good luck!

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi jayne
thanks for that.thankfully i am being induced around the 8th dec (2 wks early) so i am hoping it doesnt get much worse as i am already struggling to get up and down and walking very far is extremely uncomfortable. thank you again for putting my mind at rest.
love phillipa  ;D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi all,

Phillipa - hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread - this is such a coincidence, I was wondering all this myself as I have SPD and it's really bad now and I can't find a comfortable position ANYWHERE so I am worrying about labour too because if no position doesn't hurt, surely I will make it worse by having a natural delivery???  There is no position of opening my legs that doesn't hurt so that measuring thing won't work for me!

Any other advice appreciated!!!

And good luck Phillipa, I am due on 3rd Dec!

Love Jen xxx

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi there ladies,

I had SPD with my son Thomas and was in agony....ended up in a wheelchair towards the end and used to go up and down stairs on my backside. However son was delivered vaginally and good news was that within days of the delivery my SPD improved dramatically,

Hang in there!

Lesley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts