Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right board but was told by hospital yesterday that DP has moderate sperm, only12million collected and i wonder if this could effect jmy chances of becoming pregnant?

·
Registered
119 Posts
well my oh has been told that he has 13 millon and that its not normal to be so low but if i didnt have pcos then there is a chance i could get pg so good luck and keep trying, the dr said it should be 20 millon at the least so 13 millon in 1.5 ml isn't looking good for us mind you it only takes one ;D

·
Registered
72 Posts
My DH only has 2 million... but I am not giving up hope ... Hang on in there girls  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ Claire xx

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hi,

Don't know if I can help but my DH has poor motility/form and we have been diagnosed with secondary fertility problems.

We have a 4yr old boy and it took us nearly two years to conceive,now we have been trying to conceive for a second child for 2+ years and we are currently on the waiting list for IUI where they wash and sort the sperm to get the best ones and then they place the good sperm as close to the egg as possible!!

So hang in there,it is possible!!

Kelly x ;D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your replys, don't know what to do from here but we'll see, i guess that we will test again and see what happens, maybe he was having a bad day......

·
Registered
119 Posts
yes they well my dr suggusted a second test which for us came back as a resgitar put it not normal at all so maybe we will have to go down the sperm washing route when i finally ovulate as you have a child did you have to pay for treatment?

·
Registered
10 Posts
my DH was also diagnosed with poor little fellas - low morphology.

But as our Doc says 'It only takes one' so even if you have a few million theres lots of hope.

Good luck

Nikita

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hi,

We have looked into funding but as we already have Oliver we are not entitled to any. So we are currently on a waiting list at an NHS hospital for IUI.

I was a bit unsure about a few thing so I spoke to one of the fertility nurses at the hospital and she was excellent!! She told me where abouts we were in the waiting list and also booked me in for more blood tests to be sure and we are going in for an appointment in a few months for a detailed disscussion on IUI, What to expect and to ask them some questions.

Stick with it and you wiil be fine,just ask your GP for the number for your medical council and they will be able to tell you if you are entitled to any funding cos it differs from region to region.

Kelly
x ^reiki^ ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts