Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, Just writing to see if anyone has had more or less the same  ^sperm^  count as my dh & if so, have you had icsi/ivf and what were you results? Also, can sperm counts change every time a SA is done?

First SA = 38 million, Morphology 7%
2nd SA = 4 Million, Morphology 8%
3rd SA = 10 Million, Morphology 4%

Awaiting 4th SA results to be given on consultation on 24th October!  ^feedback^ i would be very greatful,

Sweetcheeks xxxx

·
Registered
258 Posts
hi sweetcheeks

my dh sperm analysis for the past three years had been fluctuating between 5 and 40 million with morphology from  5% to 15% and poor motility and forward progreesion. Ofcourse the quality of sperm can affect fertilisation and such like. But in Icsi they choose the best possible sperm. Has your dh  tried spplements?

love
selina

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Selina,

I just had to laugh @ myself  ;D ... i actually wrote this post out and i was looking through them & so 'oliglispermia' and throught ''ahh thats what my dh has, i wonder what it says'' & it was only my post so i think im going a little loopy with all thats going on & totally forgot id wrote it!  ^idiot^

Thanks for your reply.....DH currently on multivitamins but not been on them before now, has you dh took them?

Sweetcheeks x

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
^hello^

I am in a different situation to you as my DH went through chemo so his sperm count is all over the place. However, i was told by my doctors that the results of SA can vary a lot from one time to another. So much can affect sperm production that it takes one small thing in a month to reduce sperm count. Also sperm counts vary naturally from time to time. Good days and bad days. I don't know how true this is but i got it form my consultant which means to me that is it accurate. I hope that hopes and i wish you and DH all the best for the future.

Jenny

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply djmick.... ^afro^ Sorry to hear about chemo etc, Lets hope on the day its needed most its all perfect  :)

Good Luck to you too  ^fairydust^

Sweetcheeks xxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.