Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

I went to the SUBF clinic last week.  :-\  I have put a post into the cancer thread but no one has answered. I was just wondering if anyone knew about sperm reappearing after chemo and then disappearing.  ^idiot^ My DH had two tests 100 days apart from each other and they came back Azoospermia.  :'( He went for another test (100 days from the last) and there they were  ^sperm^. He had less than a million and 93% were abnormal but motile was 50%. Me and DH were ^spin^ over the moon. We thought this was a good thing. Even my GP told me that it was a sign that things are getting back to normal.  ^afro^ However, my consultant at SUBF clinic told me that they can reappear one day and completely disappear the next.  ^idiot^ My DH had samples taken before chemo because of freezing some and they were above average in content and volume. Well i just wanted to know if anyone knew about this sort of situation and should we be  ^TTC^ The consultant just wanted to use donor sperm and that was it. I really hope someone can help because my DH has taken the attitude that practice makes prefect  ^hump^ and i don't want to try in case it affects the baby if we do conceive.  ??? Thanks

Jenny

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hi ya Dj Mick

I'm so sorry for the emotional roller coaster you are on at the mo. I'm no expert but it sounds like you can go for ICSI with the amount of the sample he had. If you TTC then only the good ones will be used or if it happens naturally only the good ones will get there and fertilise so surely you can keep on with BMS?!

Can you speak with a Urologist or the Oncology your DH was under when having cancer treatment for their view?

I hope you get some joy soon.

LOL Charlie xx

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^hello^

Have talked to DH oncologist but he is useless.  ^idiot^ He never gives us answers.  ^bigbad^  He just says that you have beaten cancer and that is all that matters.  :eek:  Don't get me wrong i would prefer my DH to be here with me then lots of children without him but i just want answers. He says that he has 67% chance of it coming back  ^sperm^ but my consultant at SUBF says it is lower. I just want to  ^furios^ at them all. Both consultants have lovely picture of their children on the wall ^mercy^ that makes me feel terrible.

Well thanks for your reply i just don't know what to do. It has been so up and down that i have made myself ill because of worrying.  :'(

Thanks again

Jenny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.