1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter

Thank you for your reply yesterday. You asked a few things too
After my first cycle the second egg got fertilised by 2 sperm
In the second cycle 2 eggs got fertilised by 2 sperm and 1 didnt fertilise. 2 normally fertilised eggs didnt divide.
In the third cycle 2 normally fertilised eggs didnt divide and 1 that did looked as tho it was stopping at about 2-3 cells
Not sure what this tells you?

The embryos looked OK a little fragmentation

What info is given by sperm dna fragmentation studies?

We are at same clinic for last 2 cycles - feel quite safe there altho their figures are not as impressive as some other places for my age group (38) but not sure I trust how these are arrived at. Should we consider changing?

What info is given by aneuploidy screening?

·
Registered
856 Posts
ruthie said:
Dear Peter

Thank you for your reply yesterday. You asked a few things too
After my first cycle the second egg got fertilised by 2 sperm
In the second cycle 2 eggs got fertilised by 2 sperm and 1 didnt fertilise. 2 normally fertilised eggs didnt divide.
In the third cycle 2 normally fertilised eggs didnt divide and 1 that did looked as tho it was stopping at about 2-3 cells
Not sure what this tells you?

It just gives a clearer picture of the overall case

The embryos looked OK a little fragmentation

What info is given by sperm dna fragmentation studies?

It will show the extent of DNA damage within the sperm which can be related to the likely outcome

We are at same clinic for last 2 cycles - feel quite safe there altho their figures are not as impressive as some other places for my age group (38) but not sure I trust how these are arrived at. Should we consider changing?

If you are happy then no.

What info is given by aneuploidy screening?
It tells us whether the DNA in the embryo is OK or not

Good luck!

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts