Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All

My dh's count has got lower - lastest sample 7 sperm and 2 motile...

I know for ICSI they cant use abnormal sperm (morphology) to fertilise eggs but can they use sperm that looks ok but cant swim?

Any idea's Debs

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Deb,

Not a clue - but my DH's sperm is low, and since our consultation the Doc recommended Selenium - so I've been filling him with selenium, Zinc and Vitamins every morning.  Anything to help!

Take care E X

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi Deb,
It may also be helpful to give him an essential fatty acid supplement, as essential fats are vital for cell membrane health (including sperm cells). The best thing is to have one that's pressed from the flesh of the fish rather than the liver (which is a detoxification organ so not necessarily a great idea to have oil from there!!). I really like BioCare's Mega EPA 1000 (health food shops) but another good one is Equazen's Eye Q, which is available in Boots etc.
Might be worth a try. I also take it as it's important for hormone health as well.
Martha
x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - my dh has poor morphology - 100% abnormal sperm which they still used for our first ICSI cycle.  I had 12 eggs and 6 fertilized which my clinic said was a normal result so the sperm did do their job.  It was a neg result but we will go again next time.

Best of luck!
Deb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.