Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter, I wonder if you could offer some advice on possible next steps for us.

We have just have a failed IUI, which wasn't too surprising as my DH's SA turned out to be 96% abnormal morphology (motility 20%, 60% after the wash with OK progression).
From what I've read this is about as low as it can be before there's no hope?
Do you think it is worth us doing another IUI with that sort of result? My clinic are I think going to be talking IVF now (which DH won't consider), but as I have managed to conceive naturally in the past (albeit only twice in 10 years) I wonder whether in our case IUI could be a possibility again?
(Everything has always appeared fine with me, first IUI cycle abandoned due to over-stimulation). I'm 37 and my DH is 43.

I'd be grateful to hear your opinions, thanks for taking the time to read this.

GoLightly xx

·
Registered
856 Posts
GoLightly said:
Hi Peter, I wonder if you could offer some advice on possible next steps for us.

We have just have a failed IUI, which wasn't too surprising as my DH's SA turned out to be 96% abnormal morphology (motility 20%, 60% after the wash with OK progression).

Why didn't you know this before treatment?

From what I've read this is about as low as it can be before there's no hope?

Most clinics recommend ICSI with less than 5% normal forms although you must check how they do their morphologies. Some clinics have a quick glance at it and guess the value, this is no good at all. A true value can only be obtained bt a detailed examination of a stained slide.

Do you think it is worth us doing another IUI with that sort of result?

Posibly, see above.

My clinic are I think going to be talking IVF now (which DH won't consider), but as I have managed to conceive naturally in the past (albeit only twice in 10 years) I wonder whether in our case IUI could be a possibility again?

You need a review of your case, please see my note on this at the top of the message page.

(Everything has always appeared fine with me, first IUI cycle abandoned due to over-stimulation). I'm 37 and my DH is 43.

This all sounds pretty badly managed!

Good luck!!

Peter

I'd be grateful to hear your opinions, thanks for taking the time to read this.

GoLightly xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts