Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
My DH has a good sperm count but they're not so keen on swimming.  ^sperm^ We are eating mainly organic and have cut out the usual caffeine and alcohol as well as taking loads of vits and supplements.
I know we're doing all the right stuff so far (!!!) but does anyone know anything that may improve specifically the motility of sperm?
Thanks!
Abi

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hi,

consider acupuncture, it helped improved my DH's count and motility a lot.

Good luck!

xx

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Dh does cold showers for his testicles twice a day!! (brave man!!)

Have you tried phycogenol? (sp?)

Lizi.x

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you bodia and Lizi.

What is phycogenol? (sp?)

He is taking millions of supplements but I'm not sure if thets one of them (given by a nutritionist)

As for the cold showers - I think there is NO CHANCE!!! I have beeen trying to persuade hime to stand up more as he sits all day at work, but not sure how well the cold showers will go down (unless I run in at the appropriate moment whilst he's in the shower adn turn off the hot!!!  ^evil^)

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Pycnogenol is derived from pine bark. Its available in capsule form. My DH has been on pycnogenol for a while now and his count and morphology have increased as a result.

Its available from http://www.nutricentre.com

DH takes 2 x 100mg capsules each day.

This study details the research into pycogenol and its effect of sperm ( increased motility, count and morphology ) http://www.reproendo.com/pycnogenol.pdf

Hope this helps
Audrey

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Thanks Audrey - I knew my spelling was wrong but we'd run out and didn't have a packe I could check it against. Got some more this afternoon from Holland and Barrett.
Cheers
Lizi

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Audrey - he is taking that but only one a day. I'll have a look at the research and check it out
Abi x

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hi Abi

try 1000mg of vit c daily to improve motility by up to 50%

acupuncture (tell DH no needles where it hurts) is fantastic and improve quality quantity motility and abnormal forms

Solgars super antioxidants is essential to help prevent abnormal sperms

and Calcium magnesium and zinc as a cimbination suppliment for overal sperm health

we did all of this and my DH'S sperm went from really bad to the point we were told not a chance of conceiving naturally to getting pregnant 6 weeks before treatment began. His previous sperm count had been appauling and thats when he decided to try all the above took three months to make the wigglers good before we got pregnant.

Good luck I wish you all the best

Fran

·
Registered
376 Posts
i was told for my partner was , zinc and vitamin b6... it did inprove it slightly.
but i saw on tv awhile ago that caffiene wakes them up [ yes i know women shouldnt etc makes you infertile, thats what WE get told ] but on tv for the male its the reverse. so cause my partner dont drink coffee /tea etc we thought we experiment , whats the harm, Well went for a check on his sperm and it had improved ALOT... from 1000 - 45000 , nurse was shocked "what you been doing this is a big leap from what its been " so told her and she was like " it ment to slow them etc " well these buddies were swimming fast top condition and sperm count improved so cant be that bad .... doctors are not always right...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.