Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Me and my husband have just finished our initial fertility investigations - as I came off the pill 16 months ago and have not had a period since. They have now decided to put me on Clomind (100mg) after using duphaston. My husband had sperm function tests and his results came back with a normal count but the motility was 0% on the first test and 16% on the 2nd (I believe 25%+ is normal). Could this be due to the fact he is on medications for collitus and PSC (liver condition) and the fact he had taken antibiotics for tonsillitus? Also, is there any chance we can still conceive naturally providing the Clomid works? :-\

Kelly

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Kelly,

I'm no expert, but my DH has a low sperm count and low motility and I wasn't ovulating properly (irregular periods).  Clomid significantly improved things where I was concerned, but DH still had problems.  I would guess, though, that if your DH's sperm count is ok, then your chances would be significantly increased.

Can't help with the meds, I'm afraid, but there are a fair few things DH can do to improve chances (keep a certain area as cool as possible - boxers or commando - no bike riding, cut down on booze and caffeine and smoking if applicable; I think there are probably some others).

The clomid is definitely worth a try as a first stop and if you have been put on Clomid, the doctors must think there is at least a possibility that you can conceive naturally.

Good luck with the treatment.  Really hope it works for you.

Jem

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi Kelly,

I do not ovulate either as was going to start clomid until my DH went for a routine sperm test and came back pretty poor in all categories but especially morphology. After that we skipped the clomid stage and went straight to ICSI as my docs said there was no point wasting time with clomid with his issues. As Jem says, if the docs are putting you on clomid then they must think it will work.

Regular mediacation is likely to have some effect on sperm but mot sure about the specifics..

Good luck with treatment,
Tikki. xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.