Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, :D
Wasn't sure which section to put this in, but I was wondering whether anyone had any advice or views about spirituality and IF?
I am a pagan and have various images around the house and in many books of the fertile goddess, the life-giving goddess, creatrix of all the universe, and I sometimes find my beliefs and these images hard to reconcile with my own IF.
Does anybody have similar problems? I would love to hear about how people's beliefs might hinder/help them them in coping with IF.
Love and luck to everyone, from Debi xxx :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Debi,
I'm new...joined for the Men's Room really but was mooching around and found this post. Nine years ago I became a Christian. In other words I accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour. I have a deep living faith and believe that God loves and cares for me deeply....after all...he sent his only son to die for my sins.
My wife(also a Christian) and I have found our faith severely tested in the eight years of our infertility. A lot of churches and Christians are taught not to question God's ways. My Bible says otherwise. It teaches that an intimate relationship with our creator is possible....in the same way as a good father is close to his child. That means God understands our pain and is aware of our desire for a family (after all he created "family"). So our question for eight years has been "Why?" Why doesn't God bless us? And frankly we have no answer to that. We stamp our feet and wail and cry about this and seem to receive no answer. (Our IF is unexplained in medical terms.)VChildren are a blessing from God the Bible says. So we must have offended God right? No...I don't believe that. We simply live in a world where illness, sickness and infertility, and death are reality. I believe God has a plan for everyones' life. And deep down I know that God's ways are the best, even if it hurts sometimes. It's this deep down peace in the middle of this storm that I wanted to share with you really. because that's my spirituality gives me. I am not the sort to want to shove my beliefs down someone else's throat. We all have free choice and i respect you and your ways. Hope some other folk want to chat this through too.

Bless you

Steve and Sandra

·
Registered
700 Posts
I agree with Jac, however the idea that I am going to have problems getting pregnant.....has rocked my world and made me question my faith in my HP.  I feel that there is a reason that this has come to light now is to push me into making decisions that need to be made.  I think that this experience will make me stronger in terms of my faith. 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts