Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I was wondering whether I could pick your brains please.

These tablets are marketted at dealing with hormone problems through natural supplements, one of the advantages is its meant to clear posts, where its having the opposite effect with me.

Apparently spots round your chin dictate a hormone imbalance, would you stay from taking the supplements I've messed around my hormone levels?

I'm due to start clomid this weekend, am I right in thinking its not wise to take the Agnus Castus whilst on clomid? Or possibly just after ovulation.

xx

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
I don't know if its a good idea to take agnus castus together with clomid.  I would think most doctors would not recommend it, but as far as I know, agnus castus should mainly help by reducing/stabilising prolactin levels to all the body's natural monthly cycle to, hopefully, produce FSH and LH which is more cyclical (and normalise ovulation that way) rather than by boosting progesterone/estrogen more directly like clomid does - clomid works by tricking your body into producing more FSH which in turn should encourage follicle development and estrogen, followed by progesterone after you've successfully ovulated.  So personally, I wouldn't rule out taking them both, but it wouldn't be something that your docs would necessarily be comfortable with.

As to taking AC after ovulation - I would think there is no point doing that as its main function is to help ovulation occur (so that the empty follicle can help reduce LPD by producing higher progesterone levels) - I don't THINK it really has much function from ovulation to AF - so some herbalists recommend only taking it from AF to ovulation and then pausing it until next AF.

I am not sure what other supplements you are thinking about but I don't THINK AC is supposed to make you spotty.  You'd expect that more of something like DHEA.

hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts