Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I had a threatened miscarriage 4 weeks ago, luckily the scans at 8 & 9 weeks showed baby OK.  I finally stopped bleeding (old blood) a week ago, but today have a bit of spotting again (pale brown this time - sorry if TMI).  I am really anxious that there is a problem again and not sure if spotting is common at this stage.  I haven't had my appt with a midwife yet, so I have put a call in to my doctor but had no call back yet.  Can anybody advise?

Thanks
Sue

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Sue

My story is quite similar to yours.  I had red blood at 7 weeks, then brown at 8 weeks, then red again at 12 weeks.  I've just had a scan today which confirmed that all is still OK.  Apparently 12 weeks is around the time that the placenta is attaching and it's fairly common to get light bleeding from this.

I can understand that you're anxious and would recommend you contact your nearest early pregnancy unit and go along for a scan to reassure you.  However it's likely that the spotting you're getting now is just blood left over from your previous bleed - I've been told that it can take quite a while for it all to come out, and the brown colour signifies that it's old stuff.

Hope this helps - it's so scary isn't it when you bleed?  good luck!
Kim

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kim for your reassurance.

Have now spoken to Doc and she has suggested that I go to the early pregnancy clinic at the hospital tomorrow morning for a scan.  I didn't know such a clinic existed.  It is really scary as you say, so will at least find out tomorrow what is happening.

Sue

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good luck.  I'm sure it will be fine, but I know you won't be able to relax until you see for yourself on the scan.  By the way, take a good book or mag with you - if your EPU is anything like mine you could be in for a long wait.  I had to wait 2 hours and I was the 7th person in line!!  It was worth the wait though, and I'm sure it will be for you too.

Love
Kim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts