Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I started with some pinkish spotting. I got a faint bfp on Monday which has gradually darkened. The spotting became bright red. As I had an ectopic in December I insisted on blood tests- my clinic wasn't keen but in the end I had one 15 dpec which was 33.9 and yesterday at 17dpec which was 78.2. My clinic is now closed for the holiday and a nurse from the early preg unit told me my results. She said that altho low it was good they had more than doubled. She said that I don't need to come into hospital unlessl the blood becomes a flow. It barely reaches my pad but there is loads when I wipe. I'm going out of my mind and wondered if anyone had any experience of this. My boobs have started to feel sore today and so I'm assuming my levels are rising- but I can't help feeling that the embryo can't survive all this red bleeding. I feel destined for mc or a blighted ovum. This is our 14th txt cycle and I feel so desperate. I've got another blood test tomorrow. I'm also on aspirin but my cons said I should keep taking it. Any info, advice or experiences gratefully received  :( xxx

PS I did a ticker as I've waited so long for this and always longed for one- and I realise it may be short lived x

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Rachel,

I am so sorry you are having to worry like this and feel so helpless.  Have you had your progesterone blood levels checked at same time as beta?  Low progesterone can cause bleeding and if I were you, I would double the p4 support you are on now in order to get levels up nice and high (you cannot have too much progesterone but you can have too little which is bad for pg).

Apart from that, I would talk to you clinic again about doing a progesterone blood test tomorrow for peace of mind.

Best,
Daisy
xxxx

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks daisy- I'll ask about it. I'm on 2 x cyclogest daily at the moment- maybe I'll add an extra one while I'm waiting. I did ask my clinic if I should increase my dose and they said it wouldn't make any difference- but I've read about other clinics suggesting this and I don't want any regrets x

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Rachel,

2 x cyclogest is sometimes not enough progesterone for many people in my experience.  Some people do not absorb the pessaries as well as others.

Personally, I would double to 4 pessaries per day if you can, just to be safe and to get levels up.

I think the clinic are right in that if sadly, you are having an m/c then p4 will not affect this.  HOWEVER, if low progesterone is causing lining to break down and bleed, then a pg will be affected.  You don't really make enough natural p4 in ivf early on, so that is why you are supplemented.  With p4, the more, the better.

Some women do bleed in early pg, so I understand how agonising it is when you don't know what is happening.

Daisy
x

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just used 2 instead of one- got plenty anyway! Thanks for the advice  ^hugme^ X

1 - 5 of 5 Posts