just marking my page  :)

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
me too :)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Just realised it's Ella-Mae's birthday. ^birthday^ ^pompom^ Hope you've had a lovely day sweetheart ^pompom^ ^birthday^ Kelly Hope it wasn't too emotional. ^hugme^

Karin and Emma

xxx

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ella Mae - Happy Belated birthday little lady! Hope you had a good day!

Hi everyone, not first on the new thread but oh, so close!  ;D ;D

Thomas had a very fun unbirthday Bug party yeaturday with 8 other little bugs - SO cute!

Ruth

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Ruth Definitely need to see some pictures!!!! :)

xxx

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
^Butterfly^ ^birthday^  Serena, Have a wonderful 1st birthday!!!  ^birthday^ ^Butterfly^

Karin and Emma

xxx

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
hiya....

just marking..

·
Registered
316 Posts
^birthday^ Happy Birthday Ella-Mae^birthday^

^birthday^ Happy Birthday Serena! ^birthday^

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ceri - call your local Children's INformation Service or look on http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk/whitebox/postcodesearch.asp?Intro=1 to find groups in your area. It can be incredibly daunting joining a group and one woman I met said she went to a group and no-one spoke to her. Can you find someone to go with you, or call the group organising and talk to them about the group before you go along. Ask them to introduce you to people at the group and also ask if they have a 'buddy' system where you can get someone to either meet you at the group or meet you at home and go with you to the group so you don't walk in alone.

Lulu, good luck for the interview on Tuesday!

Bloody mis weekend weather again and DH is in such a grump about it. I've just managed to convince him to visit some friends this afternoon. Their baby's due date is today and they want company to get through the waiting. Poor things, I remember how I was going a bit loopy on Darcey's due date weekend. ??? And how everyone kept phoning me on the due date to find out how I was . . . not that I knew about it until a day later as I was in labour with all phones turned off! ;D

/links

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hiya,

^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^gift^ ^gift^ ^festival^ ^pompom^  Serena and Ella-Mae  I hope youve both had fab days!!!

Ceri, saw my friend last night (went up for an indian) and she is not gonna be running or going to the playgroup anymore, so now im stuck too  ::) Bugger!!

We have been to the seaside today, although it was a pebble beach, but Ella loved playing. She is bit poorly today cos last night she banged her head on a chair leg, was sick in the night and v upset and then woke with weird kinda tiny red spots round her eyes ?? really odd, anyone else had this with their LO's ?? not raised spots and she seems happy today  :-\  I wondered if she may be allergic to something - m8 has a cat? or too much fruit again??

Any ideas?

Also, my friends reckon that you shouldnt use stairgates cos children learn not to fall ? i think that is wrong!! they dont see danger at this age do they?! Just that ive asked mum to put up a gate on her stairs now. Do you all use them?

Jo xx

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.....

ELLA MAE and SERENA !!!

Hope you both had a great day :-*

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Jo ... yep we've been using stair gates for months since Lissy could crawl, its not worth the risk is it? we have one at the bottom of the stairs, one at the top and one on the kitchen door (wont let her in there at all) all it takes is for me not to notice she's behind me and throw a pan of something over her so we just dont let her in. She'll stand at the gate and watch us cook etc and has a little moan sometimes but dont want to take the risk. I think its a bit ^idiot^ if stairgates aren't used. but thats just my opinion
Shame about your playgroup too, have to start all over again now?
Have you taken lil un to out of hours clinic? i'd take her to the doc tomorro if no better. Bless her, i hope she's ok tonight?

Katherine
... Thanks for the web address and other advice :) Gonna take a leap into the unknown, find one and go for it! The first time will be the worst wont it?
Hope your friends baby makes an appearance soon! OOOh remember the last month or so, when you cant sit or lie in a comfy position, legs in the ribs and bouncing on your bladder! (would love to do it all again though!)

Lulu ... yes good luck for the interview hun, are ya gonna let us in on it? Hope it goes well anyway. Hows lil cutie caspar doing?

Tikki ... Hows work? Hope beautiful Barney's behaving?!

Ruth ... yep, can we see some pics? please?!

Got outta the bath with Lissy bout an hour ago, she's now fast asleep in bed. So gonna cabbage on sofa with a brew for a bit

Love n kisses to the bubba's.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
^birthday^ Happy Birthday Ella-Mae ^birthday^

^birthday^ Happy Birthday Serena ^birthday^

Not much happening here - another weekend survived. Amy is being a little star - Is finally using a couple of words in the correct context (Doggy is a fave ::) )
Am a bit embarrased though; DH has just got 5 bin liners (I kid you not!) of maternity clothes down from the loft. Ooops I might have over indulged last time. Ok so I was given 2 bin liners full from a friend so that doesn't count right? :-\ Am definately getting a thicker waist already.

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Glad to hear things are going well Debs, Doggy is fave here too! ;D The cat across the road is now doggy as well!
Whens your next scan? Are you going to find out flavour at the half way mark? ???

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
a fave in our house is 'gat' which actually means cat... he has taken to kissing them which they are not keen on to say the least....

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Yep Cats are Doggies too ::) But mostly its doggy's that are doggy!! :)

No more scans til the first of the 'biggies' at the Fetal Medicine unit at 12 weeks. First chance to see how the babies brain is developing (Moi pooping myself?? yep!!) Thats on 26th June so a while away yet.

Jo - We have one stairgate so that madam is 'trapped' in the dining room (now her play room). Although I wouldn't let her go up or down on her own, she can now climb and descend the stairs under her own steam. Obviously we never leave her just 'wandering' about on her own, but  I think its important that they learn to deal with stairs safely rather than being  a complete no-go area.

Tikki - I would worry about what the RSPCA have to say about barney... ;D ;D Is cat kissing legal? ;D

Right off to bo bo land for me. :) night all - sleep tight!

Deb :-*

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
deb- i know, the poor cats... one of them has really long whiskers so barney ducks his head and approaches him from underneath just to really annoy other wise when he comes at him full on the whiskers tickle him and he starts giggling before he goes in for the kiss- this is the more tolerant of the cats, he only gets his hands on the other one when i hold him down..

is your 12 week scan at the fetal med centre in london or a local one?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hello

Jo, we use stairgates, but have also taught Darcey how to go up and down the stairs. This helps her Nan as she's finding D a bit heavy to carry up and down stairs these days. We stay right behind her and make sure the stairgates stay closed the rest of the time. A friend of mine didn't have stairgates, taught her daughter to go up and down the stairs safely, but one day she did slip coming downstairs and broke her collarbone.

Ceri - good luck. I'm sure the first time will be the worst. Also, if the first group you go to isn't great, try another and another until you find a group that works for both of you. Another fun thing to do is Rhyme Time at the library, see what your library has on offer and go along to that as it might not be as intimidating. (Can you tell that I worked in the Childcare Information industry for the last two years?)  ;)

Cat, definitely one of Darcey's favourite words, and like Barney, she also loves giving the cat huge kisses/cuddles. I'm amazed that the cat just lies there and takes it.  ^idiot^ Another favourite word is 'gone' when her food is finished, something disappears, etc. She evens says 'Bye' now. It's all so cute!

I read an excellent book over the weekend that I recommend to all of you to get out of your library/borrow from someone. It's called "The Sixty Minute Mother" by Tony Parsons. It's all about motherhood and made me laugh and cry.

This is my last Monday before I go back to work.  :(  I'm meeting the childminder later to fetch Darcey from nursery and start the settling in process for Monday afternoons.

Cheers
Katherine

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Hiya mummies!
Katherine - good luck with the nursery. It gets easier (Lara just cries a little bit now rather than screams - which is progress!)

Jo - yes we have stair gates at top and bottom. Lara can climb up the stairs but not down them. I don't need any more accidents!

All - would love to meet. Reading/Oxford are very close for me, but are they the most convenient for everyone else?

Lara's favourite word is "Dadadadada" :(

Here's our weekend photo!

Reports that under-age drinking has reached epidemic proportions in the UK are confirmed!

1 - 20 of 414 Posts