Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI wondering if anyone can give me some tips or maybe a baby product that might help with my problem.
Basically little one is now in his cot and he goes to sleep well but the problem were having is he wakes himself up at least 5times a night because he's squashed up the top of his cot. I know babies move about and get into all sorts of positions but this is really bad now, he does go back to seep quite quickly but it means were both getting woken up 5 +times a night so hoping there is something I can do or buy to keep him from squashing himself.
It might not be so bad but the other problem is he always sleep by bending his head right back so by the time he's worked his way up to the top of the cot it's his face that's squashed in the bars and it looks so painful because even when he gets to the top he keeps pushing his feet against the bed and he sort of rams his face against the bars (if you see what I mean) and his head is bent so far back it worries me.

I have seen these baby positioner's but not sure if that would help as they say for 0 to 6mths (he's a small baby though) also unless I can wedge him in it he would end up sliding out I think, still thinking of buying a cheap one just to see if it would help so we can both get a good nights sleep. I have tried putting him in a sleeping bag too but doesn't work...so really hoping for some advice

Thanks CJ x

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
have you tried a grobag/sleeping bag? We have to use one of these with L as he moves that much in his sleep without one that he ends up the opposite side of the cot to where he started  ::) He still moves in his grobag but not so much

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Sorry just re-read your ppost  ;D ignore me  ;D  ^idiot^  ;D ill blame dp as he keeps talking in my ear while im trying to read  ^bigbad^  ;D

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Cj - do you start him right down the bottom of the cot?

One of my boys does this and bends his head rioght back too, he's now 8 months and is much better at sleeping although he stilll bends his head right back. I never came up with a solution time just solved it.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
CJ
My little boy does this and always has done, it doesn't seem to affect his sleep, though i think it looks so uncomfortable and sometimes move him.  Is that definitely what's waking him up?

I don't think you should worry about the position he's in as it shouldn't hurt him.  My baby girl is such a wriggler she also does the same and within half an hour of being put at the foot of her moses basket she hits the top end  ;D  it wakes her up too but I dont' think there's much you can do about a wriggler that doesn't involve padding, which isn't recommended because of SIDS.

Claire x

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi CJ,

How's about propping up his mattress so that he's actually got to make the effort to go up hill so to speak? Rory is wedged and if anything he goes south during the night.

Or, you try a sleeping bag but tuck the excess bag under the mattress at the bottom - although that might wind him up if he can't move though.

Just a couple of ideas hun

S xx

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ladies for your quick replies, I'm not normally up this late (because I know I'm not going to get a good nights sleep :)) but wanted to see if there was any tips I could use tonight  :)

Hi Claire, yes this is definitely whats waking him as when he wakes and I see him he's always crying and bashing his face into the bars I normally grab him by his sleeping bag and drag him back down ( ;D that probably sounds awful)  but once I've done it he stops crying and goes straight back off until he's there the next time ::) Charlie used to do the same but he would stop when he reached the top and just curl up in a ball or funny position but never woke, if fact Charlie seemed to love being all squashed up but being a twin he was very squashed in my tummy and bent in half for the 2nd half of pg  ;D

Hi Shelley that's a good idea about raising his cot I haven't tried that , the sleeping bag he's in is 0-6 mths so there isn't any excess but could try getting him in the next one up, it's a very good one so that could work.

Hi brownowl23 , yes I do start him at the bottom but he's such a fast mover , it's like he walks (pushing hi feet on the mattress) up the bed it's strange to watch.

Nikki don't worry my hubby is just the same and always natters on to me when I'm typing /reading, that combined with the baby brain  I have at the moment I'm pretty hopeless  ;D

CJ xx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
i got my firstborn an extra long growbag, and i used to tuck the bottom of it under the bottom of the mattress, and wedge it there with a towel.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Agree on the grobag, I found time was the only other thing that helped unfortunately. I did put my DD in her portacot for a while because of this,  but then I got worried she wasn't comfy on the hard mattress! Annoying isn't it? !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts