Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 665 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ST BARTS

Welcome everyone - here's a lovely new place for you to chat.

Please remember that the primary purpose of this thread is to support those undertaking treatment, so please keep BFP and pregnancy chatter to a minimum.

Once the thread gets to over 100 pages, I'll lock and start you a new one. This makes loading on mobile devices and phones simpler.

Happy chatting and lots of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

KA xxx
FF Moderator

PS here's a link back to your old chat thread if you want to check back before posting http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=277420.2210

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thank you for the new home x

·
Registered
601 Posts
All good news today, my cyst has disappeared and I'm able to start my stims tonight, fingers crossed for a positive round and hopefully more eggs than last time :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great news Cat! Good luck with stimming!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thanks Amy

I'm taking that I had 24 follicles yesterday as a good sign as that is 3 more than at this stage on the last cycle, roll on Monday.

How are you doing?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi,

I don't have that many follicles this cycle and I'm not responding very well. I think my dose is too low. After 7 days of stimming I have only 1 follicle at 11mm. A couple of follicles at 8 and 7mm. The rest is around 4mm. Last cycle at the same stage I had 13 follicles and the biggest one was at 15mm.
I was told to double the dose. Hopefully I get a better news on Monday. I'm very surprised because I have PCOS and usually I respond very well. I changed to Menopur this cycle and it doesn't seem working for me.

Are you using Gonal F? What is your dose?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Fingers crossed you will get some growth over the weekend :)

I'm on Gonal F, dose is 150 this time was only 112.5 last time

·
Registered
601 Posts
Good luck for your appointment today Amy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all i am new to this site just been told by our dr from whipps cross that we are getting referred for icsi in st barts and he is sedning them the referral letter today just wanted to know what the waiting list is to be like and what happens now? Any advice

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi harvi.b

I can't remember exactly how long our wait was as we had a few issues with our referral (my hospital not doing all the tests correct) once they done the actual referral I think it was a matter of weeks before we had our first appointment at Barts, hopefully you won't have to wait to long but they slow down over Christmas

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi cat thanks that sounds good can you kindly explain what happened on ur first app when you went to barts? How long ago did you start ur treatment?

·
Registered
601 Posts
If I remember right, you have a scan and your partner will need to give a sample, you then go away and come back in the afternoon and they will discuss your treatment, you will also be measured and weighed as well

I'm currently in the middle of our second round of icsi, got a scan tomorrow and will hopefully find out tomorrow when egg collection will be :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Amy, Cat et Al
Just wanted to pop on to wish you all good luck for 2015 and really hope you are all successful with your dreams this year and that Bart's (or France Amy) help you.

Harvi - we were referred from Whipps too ( we found them painfully slow to do this)- it took from end of Oct to start of Jan to get our first appt at Barts and had our cycle there in April. Good luck.
xx

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi LuluLimon

Thanks for the message, we actually got our BFP on Christmas Day and we have our first scan on 15th January, I'm not going to lie I'm as nervous as hell and really am wishing my life away

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congrats Catf this is fab news and a the best Christmas present ever! 

amy how are you doing?

Lulu not long to go?

We are trying to move forward with the new year its been the hardest three months of our lives but we have some peace that our twin boys are together and at peace - the report just before Christmas showed no genetic defects nor abnormalities in every baby just that they were boys and being ID twins one would never manage without the other is a huge case of feeling cheated and just what if questions all the time given we only put one back but again it was just not our time.  To try all again scared the life out of me but we are going through the motions the repeating of tests is painful given all the nurses know us by first name in the clinic but they have been so very lovely and beyond supportive I think they rarely see the one go back and then spilt so from the happy time we had in late August to now having to go through it all again they have been supportive I do wonder what if it had not spilt but we were told from the start ID pg and momo are the hardest to carry ........

For now we are focusing on us and moving forward having fun where we can god only knows some natural miracle may just maybe happen....... not too hopefully but never say never!  If one more dr or nurse tells me I am at my most fertile now I’ll scream! I just want my cycle to regulate if at all possible!!

wishing you all lots of luck for 2015
xx

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Cat- that is great news! And good timing! Wish you all the luck for the 15th xx I think it was marginally worse than the 2ww..and then every one until about 20w was a countdown..

Sell- its good news that no genetic issues but so hard when they say "one of those things". You never know how things will turn out but I hope your cycle gets back to normal- I know its frustrating post mc when it doesn't and just relax into 2015 and hope it brings the best after a tough end to last year. Try not to dwell on the whatifs..though I can identify with doing just that xxxx

We'll be back at Bart's I think late in 2015 to hopefully look at using our frosties for a FET if I dare dream to be so lucky before I hit 40. Will be on in a few weeks to update you.
Wish you all love and luck xx

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thank you ladies, I still can't believe that it's happened but are both over the moon and taking it day by day.

Sel - glad you managing to move forward and focus on yourselves. Fingers crossed your cycle regulates soon for you x

Lulu - yep I'm finding this wait longer than the 2ww, it's driving me mad lol only 1 week and 1 day to go

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all had my consultation yday at st barts went well they did my scan and hubby sperm test again. They said i have good ovaries aNd everything is gd said i had 7 folicals in each ovarie which means 14 so all is good got an app on 8th april to go through the whole process amd begin treatment cant wait to begin feels like it has been forever

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ladies

I'm new here. I will be starting my 1st ivf at Bart in Feb.  I have pcos and my husband low count+low morphology ...

Anyone starting in Feb?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ladies

I am starting my first IUI at Barts at the end of January after ttc unsuccessfully for 1 and a half years. I have had lots of tests and don't have any issues, but my husband has a good count with low morphology. We were meant to go straight to ICSI but my husband had a good count so they said to try IUI first.

Any words of advice on how to prepare?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 665 Posts