3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A brand new home ladies  :)

Lots of love and luck to you all  ;) ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
First to post!  :)

Hi girls. Had my second u/s today. Went okay. Had a lady this time which was nicer but the Dr accidentlly looked in the mirror and saw my wobbly bum when I was changing (I could see him) - embarressing! 

Lining: 8.3mm
Right: 26, 23, 16 & 16mm = 4
Left: 28, 17, 15 & 12mm = 4

So eight good follies in total. I have around 4 more small ones. They have moved my ER date to Tuesday now at 12.15 pm (triggering at 15 mins past midnight on Sunday - better set the alarm I think!). Might give the smaller ones a chance to catch up.

Nicky - Wont be seeing you there on Wednesday then as ET will now be Thursday. Hope it all goes well though!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi girls, Oh wow we have a new home.... yippeeeeee  ^banana^
I guess the other one was getting a bit long..... too many pages!

Ky - good news about your follies, I'm happy for you babe, I hope all goes well with the egg collection? How have you been finding the injections? Honestly? Do I really need to be getting myself in a state? Do they hurt? Sorry for all the questions, its just that I'm really scared  :-[
Also another question for you... What happens if you have the nasal spray & after sniffing it you then sneeze, does that mean you have to sniff again? I know it may seem a bit of a silly question, but I was sitting thinking about it the other night  ???
Anyway hope you are having a good weekend, hope to hear from you soon, take care, nicky xxx

Rachel - thanks for the new home xx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hey Nicky  ^wave^

Honestly the injections aren't so bad. Ive done 45 in total (last one tonight to trigger). You wont need so many as you will be sniffing. One of the nurses, Angela, said she had never seen a reaction like mine in ovr 9 years of working there so Im sure you wont have a problem. The shots use teeny needles and you will hardly feel them, promise!

Re: sneezing. I did sneeze once or twice but I pinched my nose when I did just in case. They prefer you not to but it does irritate your nose. Dont worry - they will go over this stuff with you on Wednesday.  ^twitch^

It's DH's birthday tomorrow. He is having to work now as he reschduled his days off for ER and ET and they cant really spare him any more.

I have to come over to E/B in a bit - my mum is taking up my b'maid dress and then we are having dinner with MIL & FIL.

We had some viewings on the house again yesterday but no bites still. Guess I have plenty else to occupy me at the moment anyway  :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Kyla - Thanks for the info regarding the needles, I do feel a little bit better, I will try so hard not to be a big baby  ;D
I really can't believe my info session is this week  :eek: My god how the time has flown!!
Happy Birthday to your DH, Hope he is having a good day?
SO good luck with the EC & ET, I hope everything runs smoothly for you both....
I'm still keeping everything crossed for you, I will say a littler prayer for you both too  ^rainbow^
Anyway you keep me posted young lady!! I want to hear all about it, & I will post you after info session, Although you know what its all about....
Take care, chat soon, nicky xx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi girls. Thanks for thinking of me today!

All eight follies had an egg in them. I feel pretty sore, bloated and tired so this is just a quick post. Tom's count was around 25 million so we are hopeful some will fertilise.

We will find out around 11am tomorrow morning so fingers crossed until then.

Nicky - Have fun at the meeting tomorrow!

Ky xxxx

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hi Barts ladies

I am starting icsi treatment at barts in Aug and it will be our first attempt I was hoping you could tell me about the facilities there and what the staff are like. Also what are the bad bits to expect from the treatment? I have looked into it loads but was woundering if you would mind sharing your experinence. sorry for all the questions  ^gossip^ but could use a little advice and reasurrance.

I have also noticed one of you also live in brighton so do I and i have been going to a new support group here which has been fantastic we drink lots of tea eat cake (organic of course) and help each other along but no one in the group is at Barts so any tips would be gratefully recieved.
:)

thanks all and good luck to all of you who are having treatment at the moment  ^reiki^

Frances

·
Registered
710 Posts
Evening Ladies.....

Ky - wow good news about your follies, I'm really pleased for you  ^banana^
Let me know how it all goes tomorrow morning, I'm still keeping my fingers & everything else crossed for you Hun xx
I will post tomorrow pm to let you know how the whole session went, & of course when I will be starting  ^scared^
Good luck babe xx

Frances - welcome to the Bart's chat, I haven't actually started TX yet, but will be next week! I found the staff very nice & helpful, I am up there tomorrow for my information session, to tell me how to use the drugs & collect them too! I am doing IVF, I think its pretty similar to what you are having? So a few weeks of bad mood swings for us Hun  ;D  Hope all goes well for you, keep us posted
nicky xx

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Nicky
good luck for tommorrow hope all goes well  ^afro^

I have my first appointment 24th of Aug and have been told treatment will start at beginning of next cycle which should be early sept. unless miricle occurs before then. ^reiki^

thanks for the info on the staff makes me feel more relaxed. this site has been so helpful so glad i found it

talk soon
Frances

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Morning girls. Good news! We have FIVE embies!!!!!  :)

Im so happy. All eight actually fertilised but three were abnormal (they think two sperm entered). They are putting two back tomorrow and if the other three continue to look good they will freeze them.

We were so emotional this morning - DH was convinced it wouldn't work and just looked so happy and relived when I held up my hand during the call to show how many.
But here we are with five little jelly-blobs sitting in a petri dish in London trying their best to become our babies. God, its so scary and exciting!

We had to tell our families as I can no longer go on my sister's hen weekend on Friday & will be going into cotton-wool mode for a week or so now.  They are going back in tomorrow at 10.30.....  ^daisy^

Frances - I live in Brighton! (Woodingdean actually). Whereabouts are you? The ladies at Barts as soooo nice. Its clean and smart too and although you sometimes have to wait around a bit they have a TV (normally showing This Morning). I really cant fault them.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hi Ky-G
goodluck for tommorrow I will keep my fingers crossed. You must be so excited.
I am in Patcham and have friends in all areas of brighton in the same situation as us. We meet up every six weeks to laugh, Cry and keep each other sane your more than welcome to join us.

Frances ^goodluck^

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Girls - Just thought I'd drop in quickly to let you know that the session went well  :)  I start sniffing on Monday  :eek:  I have to go back for baseline scan on the 14th June, so I'm sniffing for about 3 weeks!
Ky- good luck for the egg transfer... Good news on the embies, you must be thrilled?  I am so nervous about starting the sniffing, I know it sounds silly, but I'm worried in case I mess it all up  :-[  Did you feel like that? Or is it just me being silly?
Hope to chat soon, take care, nicky xx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi girls - yes Im taking it easy LOL - we have a wireless access laptop :)

So happy today. All five embies are Grade One! We transferred a 4 cell and a 3 cell today and are able to freeze the other three :)

They had to do the transfer twice as the first time one of the embies stayed in the tube (the nurse said that one must be the boy LOL) and when the Dr put it back in again he said ''go in & stay there - for nine months''.

Feel so good about it all. I have two perfect embies in me and three more in the freezer just in case. Life is good. Now the hell of the 2ww.....

Kyla
xxxxx

PS: Nicky - Dont worry about the sniffing. You will get a nasty taste in the back of your throat which lets you know you did it right! Good luck! Not far behind me - would be so cool to be PG together!!!!!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Evening Ladies, How are we all today?

Ky - I'm so pleased you are feeling good  :)  Its great to hear you have good embies transfered.... I can't wait to get to that stage!!
When I went to the pharmacy to collect my drugs, I only got the synarel as my blood test results were not received from my local hospital  :mad:  Although they did say that I could get them when I go for my baseline scan, so I hope to god that they get the results by then  ??? (its all a big worry)

Anyway Hun you keep me posted on how you are getting on, & I will probably be posting you a lot for help & advice  ;D
take care, nicky xx

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Kyla - Glad to hear you're doing really well. Keeping everything crossed for you!
Nicky - Hope you receive your results soon. Happy sniffing!

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Nicky - I would give the DGH a ring and hurry them along. Im sure it will be fine but Im a fan of chaisng just to make sure! Not long now!!!!!

Ron - Thanks hon. How you doing? Only about a month to go for you now isnt it?

Ive been in bed the past coupel of days (playing incubator). Gotta love technology that allows me to still surf though :)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
HI

I have my first consultation at Barts on 24 Aug, with hopes that IVF starts beg Sept or Oct.

What's it like there?  I have been at the Nuffield Tun Wells, and am worried about getting back on the NHS rollercoaster again.

From my chat with them, they say that they will start completely again and afresh.

Boniface

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hi Boniface
wow can you believe it I also have my first appointment at Barts on the 24th of Aug so will see you there in the waiting room no doubt. I've been told to take a good book because the first visit is alot of hanging around.  :eek: If you have read this thread you'll realise I am just as apprehensive but the girls here have reasured me no end and said the staff are fantastic so try not to worry.  ;D

we just have to keep playing the waiting game now but time will go so quick hopefuly

talk soon

Frances

ps  Kyla hope things are going well keep those feet up!  ^reiki^

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hiya

I am new here and I also attended my information sessions last weds (18th May). I started sniffing today, it was OK, not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

All the staff at Barts and very nice and friendly, although I have had nothing but problems with them since I have been going there (since last Sept - as have had miscarriage in between time). I am hoping that my probelms are a one off, but something always goes wrong each time I visit or give them a call, so I am hoping that all goes well from here on in.

Be good to chat to anyone.

Good luck to all.

Heidi
xx

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Girls, hope you are all well?

Kyla - Hope you are feeling OK? I guess you are anxious to get to the end of the 2ww? Hope to chat with you soon Hun, take care xx

Ronnie - Good to hear from you Hun, how are you doing? When do you have your appointment? I can't remember  ^idiot^
Anyway keep us posted xx

Bonniface - welcome to the Bart's chat, good luck with your appointment in August, the time will fly past, it did for me!

Heidi - I also had my info session at Bart's on the 18th, we were probably sitting near each other? How weird is that? I start sniffing tomorrow (Monday) Well by the time you read this I would have already sniffed for the 1st day... How did the sniffing go for you? Nasty taste? I'm really nervous :-[ I will probably be fine once I have that initial sniff! Hope to chat soon xx

Hope you other girls are all doing well, take care xx

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.