Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^fairydust^  ^fairydust^  ^fairydust^  ^fairydust^

Kyla - IVF#1 - BFN. Waiting for AF to start FET cycle.

Nicky - IVF #1 - Cancelled. Waiting for follow up appointment.

Fran - Suprise PG! (First consult appointment 24th Aug probably not needed!)

Sue - 4 x IVF - BFN. IVF #5 appointment 24th August.

Ronnie - IVF# 1 about to start! Info session 23rd August.

Sarah - IVF#1 - BFN - IVF #2 around Sept/Oct.

Dacyj - 3 x IVF - BFN. IVF #4 appointment 31 October.

Leanne - IVF# 1 - in progress - EC 8th August - 8 eggs, 6 embies! ET 10th August.

Heather - IVF #1 - in progress - EC 8th August -7 eggs, 4 embies! ET 10th August.

Heidi - IVF # 1 - BFN. FET Oct/Nov.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fran - Great news on your u/s! Bet it was amazing to see.

Ronnie - Im waiting for AF (due in less than a week now!!) and then I will be on my FET cycle. I have to book an u/s for CD7 (normally CD9 but I often O early) to check my lining etc... Only two appointments for me - u/s and then ET as Im doing a natural cycle. How are you feeling? Sorry your mum reacted funny. I wonder why she mentioned your age, I mean its not like you are 16!  ;D

Leanne - Good luck today! Hope it all goes smoothly. My ET was fine although one of the embies got stuck in the catheter so it had to be done twice (can happen but not harmful), and the Dr's mobile went off which made us all laugh (and DH worried it would radiate the embies).

Heather - Good luck today too! Hope the drive goes okay. We used to get the train but drove up in the weeks following the London attacks. Not too bad a drive, managed to park around the corner and then walk in (about 3 mins walk).

Sue - Man, your mum sounds tricky. I bet you have to bite your tongue when you speak to her! What kind of cat do you have? We have two boys, they are about 5 years old now and still my babies!

Heidi & Nicky - Hope you two are okay - check in when you can we miss you!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Thanks Kyla for moving us up and the update schedule.  Looks like the time is coming for all of us.  Well, sadly not for Heidi and Nicky - but one day again soon.  I think there was a Daycj also.  Roll on 1 week for you.

Leanne & Heather, hope you both had wonderful news today and are now on the way home with 2 little ones each.  Plus decisions made on what to do with the remaining ones.  It's an odd feeling to walk into hosp as you but to know you will walk plus 2 "preg".  Any worries about pessaries?

Ronnie, yea my bro is a great inspiration to us - whilst he is not walloping and punishing all the time, the kids do know when to stop and not push it.  He's turned out great, only regret for him is that he did go off the rails and ended up in Borstal for petty crimes, but got through and now finds jobs just like that.  He does realise his error because he can't the sort of job he would like because of his past.

Kyla - my mother is nightmare, no tongue to bite because I haven't seen or spoken to her for 12 yrs OMG.  When I walked out a ton was lifted off my shoulders and my marriage was saved.  I think you will notice how good you feel Ronnie, when "auntie" goes to China.

My cats are Buffy female tabby about 6-8 ish, picked her up from a Preston Park Rd house, 2 yrs back.  My friend says she is good toddler practice because sometimes I feel like a "no ing machine".  It's don't scratch chair/rug/stairs, get down etc.  She is up trees, on the house roof you name it.  Very happy at mo because she is a sunbather.  Billy is all black probably about 13, and he hates sun and heat.  But he is poorly and without medication and diet his days are numbered.  I think all us girls substitute cats for babies.

Sue

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the update Kyla.

Well I'm back home, it's such a wierd feeling, you were very right Sue, it's gone from being all clinical and medical (in my head) to real life and strange, I suddenly feel all protective and responsible.  It's all good though, this is what it's all about.  All the way back on the train we were both saying how wierd it was that they were inside me.  It was really good news today, all 6 survived.  I've got 4 grade a's 4 cells, one he said was an a+ and the other 3 a-'s so the two best were put back.  2 weren't so great and he didn't think would survive the freezing process so we let them go and the other 2 good ones have gone to the freezer.  Feels so exciting now

Heather, you were in the cubicle next to me, I went in as you were back.  I saw your DH chair wheels under the curtain - I was going to say hi through the curtain but thought best not  ;D  Hope it went well for you too.

I'm off to watch sleepless in seatle now, nice chilled girlie film.

x

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello all,

Hope u all well.  Ah, it's funny Leanne, as I wondered whether I would see you there - just told my dh and he said he thought your koala joke was funny  ;D ;D?! and he'd said he'd heard u saying u needed to pee - same as me, could barely walk afterwards as bursting to go to loo, think i was in loo when he went back to cubicle.  It's nice and relaxing in there isn't it?  Although did u have someone observing? - I did and it was a bit wierd having 2 men down that end  :-[ :-[ - I'm such a newbie to gynae things.  u could have said hello, but it's a wierd time isn't it to know where everyone else is at.   
Well done on your embies that's brilliant news and great u got some frozen.  Real big wishes for u that these stick and grow, 2 weeks to go!!

2 of the 4 embies were grade a, 2 cells and these were put in, the other 2 not good so have let them go.  So really hoping that this works, it is strange now, feel responsible too and feel so aware of womb area again (bit bloated anyway, but know this has nothing to do with it - imagination working over time!!)

Sue - Must be frustrating and tough to not have support of mum, do you find your friends are more crucial to u as a result?  I am lucky with great support from family, though sometimes it can be a little suffocating, wouldn't change them for the world.  as my dh's and friends' families are so different, they find it a bit bizarre with my family commitments - it is ridiculous that we have to get welfare of child forms signed, don't know what world the hfea live in!! 

Ronnie and Leanne - sounds like your mum's are bits of nightmares too.  Families are such hard work aren't they?  Crazy!! I think parents hate to admit mistakes as they usually feel they did the best they could, but for us it helps so much to hear that they realise now that they did things wrong.

Kyla - Thanks for moving us and update, great to see where everyone's up to. Not long to go now, hope you're able to chill out in meantime.

Fran - great news, must have felt good to cancel appointment.

Hope everyone else is OK.

People are a bit mixed about me and dh going through Ivf, some people presume its me automatically (usually men!!) and others presume dh, and then because it's more of a mechanical thing (i.e. getting sperm out of dh), everyone seems to assume it's going to happen first time, which is lovely and positive but bizarre too.  So far we've been lucky but just never know whether it will turn into bfp, it would be good to have a bit more understanding.  I think dh is losing patience with me as well at moment, been quite snappy with me and it feels as if he's saying 'right, i've been nice for the last few weeks, now snap back to normal!' so bit upset at moment.  He's been really great and done most things over last few weeks but now he's been clear with me that he thinks i should just get back to normal now and carry on as if i wasn't pregnant, as in most circumstances people wouldn't know they're pregnant.  I understand where he's coming from, but am also still feeling tired and want to rest more, now just feeling more guilty than usual (lapsed catholic!)  Sorry to ramble, but does anyone know what I mean?  Realise I probably should just get back on with things, but don't want to jeopardise anything. :-\ :-\  It's easy to start getting angry with him as well, as it's not as if he's kept the house spotless and clean, like I did when he was laid out  :mad: :mad:
hmm, guess it's been difficult for him too....

Last question for everyone - what would you do?  Me and sister have got mum and dad a garden table and chairs (small but heavy) and we need to set them up in mum and dad's garden by sat lunchtime.  sister is pregnant, so can't lift them and sister has said i shouldn't lift them.  Dh thinks i should lift them and it won't do any harm.  I just don't know, hate being a wuss, but not sure - what would you do?

Thanks for listening to me going on, hope you all are having good days, hope you've enjoyed Sleepless in Seattle, Leanne and speak soon. 

Heatherxxxx

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Kyla - Thanks for transferring us all over to a new thread.

Heather & Leanne - Brilliant news! Glad today went really well for you both. I've got everything crossed for you for the next fortnight. Did you take pictures of your embies after the transfer?

Heather, if you're not comfortable lifting the table & chairs (I wouldn't either if I've just my little embies transferred back in), then don't. Your body is telling you that you need to rest so you'll need to take it easy & give them the best chance possible. You have nothing to feel guilty over. Can your bil/a neighbour help?

Sue - whenever my mother goes abroad for a long period of time, my dh always comments on the change in me & how much calmer I am without her! I will miss her when she goes next year, but at the same time, I'm looking forward to it because it means I won't be responsible for her anymore. No doubt she'll still ring me when she needs my help, but what can I do 7000 miles away??

Yes I think cats are our substitute babies.  I'm a volunteer for the local Cats Protection League & take kittens/cats to the vets & back to their foster parents. I would have had most of them back home with me given half a chance but dh puts his foot down every time..sigh!

Had my consultation appointment with the acupuncturist this afternoon. After taking down my details, he took my pulse & looked at my tongue. He then stuck 3 needles in me in various places. He worked on my sluggish spleen/bladder/kidneys & liver & he said he's also worried about my lack of reserve energy that if I get pregnant, it maybe too much for me afterwards - eek!!! I made another appointment in a fortnight's time & then when we start tx I'll see him about 3-4 times. I don't really know how to take the news!!!

Speak soon

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Heather - first your DH  ^bigbad^, he's got me on a rant!  This is you time, you need to put yourself and only you first for the next 2 ww.  It is a very crucial time for the embies to be implanting and you don't want to do absolutely anything that might cause them to jumpship.  So NO to lifting tables and chairs you are in your sis's situation and that is it.  As for him saying it is time for you to take over stuff because you wouldn't usually know you were preg.  He has a point, but you wouldn't usually have taken heaps of powerful hormone drugs, interrupted nature by taking the eggies out and now putting embies back.  Which means you are not a usual preg woman.  So I say you must act preg because you know you are!. Although when it comes to food and drink say, then I think you can be a bit lenient as a normal woman would.  Also as this if your first time you don't know what or how they will take.  Thing is if you do something because DH says you should, and then you bleed, how will you feel about DH - probably not a lot.  How will DH feel - hopefully terrible.

I think it is especially important for you to take it as easy as poss, because you only have these 2.  Thought of going through it all again - I would stay in bed.  DH is going to have to get use to lots of changes when you are huge and a baby to consider.

If you feel tired, that is your body telling you something and you must listen and do what is needed ie; rest or sleep.  If you feel out of sorts it is not going to help embies.

When I was on one of my 2 ww's, I set myself one job and prepare dinner a dinner.  Mon only washing, Tues cleaning bath etc, fortunately we have laminate most places so I could sweep over.  However, in second week carpets were looking mucky and then I got a phone call from Agents to say I had a viewing.  So I got vacuum out, carried upstairs, thinking I will have to get used to it etc.  2 days later I bled, my friend went ballistic when she heard about hoover, said I should have got her to do it.  When test date arrived I knew answer.  Now I torture myself with the maybe's - especially as people didn't like house.

Ok, feeling calmer now.

Leanne & Heather - it is great news that you have 2 good news put back.  Even better for you to know also, Leanne that you have 2 frosties.

Ronnie, haven't heard from Barts so assume I am still there for 24th - so maybe I will see you another time.  No worries about worrying me.

What a great job you do volunteering for the cats - they need you.  If this baby road doesn't work I am off to my dream cottage in the middle of a field, with as many cats and dogs as DH will allow.  All mine have been rescued - they thank you for it.

RE: mothers, No I don't miss mine for support, because I never felt I had it.  I was only allowed out of house for school, so friends are a few very special ones and yes they are crucial.  Like Ronnie when I asked my mother about my childhood she said it was all my fathers doing, he was responsible also, but it is easy to blame him now his dead.

As for your mother, Ronnie, sounds like shes not the responsibility not the kids.

Wonder what he means about reserve energy, hopefully he can work on that and build you up.  Interesting you are going in fortnight, I have another on this Sat.

Well better go, have also found a cat pic, just got to download it.

Take care - Heather leave home!

Sue

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks Ronnie and Sue - its really helpful to hear your views.  Have just had a dig around too on other boards, and most people say no heavy lifting on 2ww, so will dig my heels in on this one, and bil will have to do!!  U r so right Sue, and that's so how i feel - can't believe he's been so insensitive on this one, really don't want anyone or thing to blame for lack of success.  And helps me realise am not being a wuss!!  U r brilliant, thanks so much for support, means so much to me and helps get through this!! 

Wasn't given an option of having photos,don't think they had right equipment? Or have i missed out on something - did u get photo Leanne?

Hmm, guess u got mixed messages from acu really, but guess that the negative bits are things they can help with over future treatments.  Keep positive - in terms of it maybe being too much afterwards, people manage and don't take to heart too much.   Sounds like u do great job with Cats Protection League - must be really hard to resist taking them home, me and dh talk about getting cat and think if this cycle is unsuccessful then we will need to do something!!

Am going to get lost in a good book now!!

Heatherxxxx

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Heather - enjoy your book hope it's war and peace! Hint a long one.  By all means check with us for back up if you need a gang v DH.

Another rant - the welfare of child form.  What is that all about.  Ok I'm a bit more ahead of you guys, but haven't we all had hours/months/years to consider the responsibilities/financial implications etc.  After all we probably rego over everything before every IF treatment be it Clomid or another.

So when I hear my neighbour's son age 17 just passed his driving test and got his first car, then announce we only done it the once, honest mum.  Now himself, his 16 yr girl and their baby live in her bedroom of her mum's house along with god knows how many animals, stepbro, sis etc, while they wait for a flat.

Also one day Heather's DH take note, I was on my 2 ww and my DH says you look tired today stay in bed or on the sofa resting.  So I did, put TV on to see woman very preg on Trisha saying she doesn't know which of 3 men is the father, what should she do.

I do wonder what world do the HFEA live in.  Same as HIV & HEP, we can swear we are safe but it is of no use.  Our GP even insisted on counselling for what if, before the test.

Anyway - over to you.  Have a good evening.  Rest well Leanne & Heather, if the excitement lets you.  I guess you will be testing around time Ronnie & I are up at Barts.

Sue

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks Sue,

Well update on dh - i went in and said i wasn't going to do it and he said he agreed once thought about it and was really sorry :) Think we're both a bit low today, been a tough week and he agreed i got to do whatever i feel is right, rest etc, he then went on to cook a beautiful meal, so i'm happy again!! Phew - wot a rollercoaster - so all ok.  Have been doing some relaxation exercises and back to positive thinking on those embies now - divide embies divide and implant ^reiki^ ^reiki^ .  War and peace ;D ;D 

Completely agree re: welfare of child - when we were at barts today, the jeremy kyle show was on and again 1 woman not knowing which of 3 men are father to child - mad world we live in.  ???

Will be testing on 25th, day after ur at barts - although its not long, feels a long way off doesn't it?  Fingers crossed for us all.

Take care and thanks again,

Heatherxxxx

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi girl's, :)

Have been reading thread for a while but haven't contributed till now (bit shy).  Just wanted to let you know we had our first scan yesterday at Bart's and saw 7 wk 6 day foetus after medicated FET (First ICSI failed). 

It just goes to show they do have success stories and to keep on hoping as your dreams can come true.  I think the staff there have been great and they really are so genuinely happy for you when it finally happens.

Heather - I had to sit through the dross of Jeremy Kyle at Bart's yesterday and it is so annoying that the dregs of society seem to get pregnant so very easily!

Anyway just want to wish you all the best luck in the world for many more healthy Bart's pregnancies to come.

Jane 

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Heather - read your mail before bed last night, and was so pleased that DH had changed his mind.  Tell him it made me sleep well.  My DH says, oh no, don't upset all the DH's, he hopes we don't meet at Barts!  But of course we won't because you are on your way to moving over to another board -  ^reiki^.

Jane - it's good of you to make contact, you shouldn't have been shy, it was my rant made you stay away!

It is good news to hear of your  ^reiki^ success, gives us all the energy to continue.  I am sure Kyla will take comfort from you because she soon starts FET.  It is also good news to hear more feedback on the staff at Barts.

Don't know where that hottest day went today.

Sue

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Girls

Heather - I was relieved that you won't have to lift the table & chairs. If we lived nearer each over, I would have popped over & moved them for you!!! Having read Sue's rant (I thought I was pretty restraint!), if your dh hadn't changed his mind, I reckon Sue would have driven over & given him a piece of her mind!!!

Jane - Welcome & congratulations! Reading emails like yours really give us a boost, cos one day, it could be us!!

Talking of the dregs of society getting pregnant just by sneezing, have you read the papers (sun!) today? This woman, who's 41 has had 15 children & gets £49,000 in hand-outs - I nearly choked on my lunch when I was reading this!

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hi Ronnie

Was feeling a bit down (not sure why), but reading your msg made me LOL, dead right I was driving over to him.  Accepted he is in a chair and prob has difficulties to get through, but boy what's Heather doing.  After reading her msg I went out to cook dinner, DH nearly had a burnt one and he says he's done nothing - YET!

Can see I need to hand rant over to you now, it's women like that, that help remind me that I am not letting society or the failing population down, someone has done my bit as well.

Jane's news is great - does indeed boost us.

Sue

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello,

Ronnie and Sue  ;D ;D - please say sorry to your dh for burnt dinner Sue, he must have wondered wot was going on!!! We are definately back in a happy household today - dh cleaning kitchen and me lying on sofa  ;D ;D - he's got most of next week off too, so we're going to do some nice things together.

Jane- That's great news, really posiitive.  We must have been in waiting room around same time yesterday. Do u keep going back to Barts for scans now? I'd thought we'd be in hand of local services once pregnant, but was pleased yesterday to be told there'd be a scan a few weeks after bfp (if it arrives..)

Hope ur all having good rest of days - i'm looking forward to BB tonight, the grand final!!

Heatherxxxxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Girls you had me laughing last night with the rants (only after I'd read Heathers to show they'd made up), I made sure I read all of your words to my DH so he knows not to mess with me otherwise I'll set you all on him. Only irritating thing my DH did, which he did get a look of death for, was as I was waiting to go in for my e/c - drug thing in back of the hand already, feeling a bit scared as you do, my DH had the nerve to complain that his 'contribution' had given him such a headache - purleaase!!

Welcome Jane, it's really good to hear a positive story whilst on the 2ww and congratulations. 

I had a very sleepless night last night worrying if they were still dividing, what they were doing, etc.  and that's only the first day!! What am I going to be like by the end.....  but saying that the sleepless night could also be because I didn't watch Sleepless in Seattle yesterday afternoon - I fell asleep - for 3.5 hours!! but my mind was still in overdrive.

I too watched that programme in the waiting room - how funny we were all there round about the same time!!

Heather, yes I did have that guy observing, I'm sure I was blushing the whole way through and I have had quite a few gynae things in the past but even so he just stood and stared.  How embarrassing your DH heard me say I pee like a koala  ;) I have to say it is true ....

I too have found the staff at Barts to be fab, they're all so smiley and make you feel really at ease.

I've just been for a nice spa afternoon with my MIL, had a pedicure so nice and relaxing.  Only had to tell one little lie when she asked when treatment will be starting - I'm soo going to hell! Of to a wedding reception tonight - actually thinking about it today I've not stopped - hmm must slow down but I feel like normal today and keep forgetting. 

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Leanne, yea it's natural to feel like you've forgotten what's happened, strange really considering.  That's why I found the pics so helpful so I could keep looking at them as a reminder.  As you do forget another reason why you must be careful, so easy to get carried away - if you are forgetting already next week will be even worse.

Glad you all had a laugh at my rants - yep any DH's not helping I'm in the car !  Mind you after reading Heather's about her DH coming round, making a lovely meal and agreeing to help out and do nice things.  I'm beginning to think I might need the support after all.  The level of support I get is time off to attend all appts. and anything need moving in the garden, because he's busy, busy - ooops is that another rant?

Heather, don't worry about burnt dinner - DH said I thought I could smell something funny.  I only rant when it comes to IF and us girls, so he knew what was going on.  Sounds like it's just as well I didn't watch that Kyle prog.

Kyla, been meaning to ask how is the house move?

Hope you all have a good w/e.  I'm off to see my bro and his tribe.  Also I do family trees and I have found someone who is related to my DH's step grandad, been looking for them because I have family bible to hand over.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Sue - Hope you're not feeling too down.  It's funny isn't it, how we can feel a bit pants with no reasons. When I tell my dh that, he always say 'Why are you down, there must be reason..tell me!' Men just don't understand!! I find chocolate helps!!

Heather - tell your dh he really has to spoil you during the next fortnight & that you musn't lift a finger and that's an order from Sue!!!!!We're going to get a takeaway & watch Big Brother too - who do you want to win? I want Anthony to win purely because I've got him in our work sweepstake!

Leanne - I bet it was heavenly this afternoon, you thoroughly deserved to be spoilt! Enjoy this evening.

Words can't describe how I felt after reading that article.  Apparently she tried going on the pill but by the time she was due to take the first one the following month, she was already pregnant!! Same goes for sterilisation!

Speak soon

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sue - Thanks, so far - so good with the house. These things can always go wrong at any point but so far it's been good. Just waiting for our buyers to get the survey done on our house (all the others in the chain are done) and then it's down to the solicitors.

Jane - Thank you so much for stopping by. Its good to hear a BFP story - we've only had3 BFN's from our IVF's so far - plus Im about to start an FET cycle! Congratulations!

Heather - Im glad you decided not to lift them. The one thing I wish I hadnt done during my 2WW was run for the bus. This time Im not taking any chances (those what-if's are a killer) and will not be lifting anything heavier than a dinner plate!

Leanne - Ugh, the pee-agony. My ET was actually about an hour late and by that stage I was absolutly bursting. They let me go relive some of it but it was so hard to stop mid-pee I wish I had waited!!!  ;D

Ronnie - I saw that story too! Outrageous!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good morning all,

It's a nice sunny day here in Essex, hope you're all having  good days too ^daisy^

Leanne - Hope ur doing ok - it's such a wierd position to be in isn't it?  Every time I feel a twinge I wonder whether its a good or bad thing, but trying to keep my mind off it. Hope u enjoyed wedding reception and must have been nice to have a bit of pampering.  Ur mil will understand i'm sure when u tell her in the end.  Although I was pleased to tell everyone about it at beginning, if it is negative, it will be really hard to have to tell all those people about it, need to think of a strategy to deal with that...

Sue - Thanks and remember if your dh doesn't pamper u enough, we will all be returning favour and in our cars, he'd better watch out!!!  ;D ;D  Hope you have good weekend with your bruv's family, must be really interesting to do family tree stuff, but a long journey to find out about it all

Ronnie -  Thank u, will do.  It was funny last night when dh came to bed he said again how sorry he was and thinks he was burying his head in sand about it all - i was really suprised, we've obviously both kept thinking about it.  I was glad Anthony won, though i wouldn't have minded if eugene won, he's been great too.  Usually when people get interviewed i start to like them even if i didn't before, but still didn't like makosi after her interview  ^bigbad^

Kyla - Glad house move is going well up to now, and hope solicitors get on with their job quickly and u get to move when you want, will be v exciting when happens.  Can't believe they made u wait for an hour for et - know wot u mean re:hard to stop mid-pee - i had to relieve myself a bit before appointment and it was so tempting just to let go, but didn't :)

Take care all and off to supervise the lifting of tables and chairs  ;D ;D

Heatherxxxx

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.