Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Morning girls,

Another busy day yesterday and as this is a new thread will try to remember correctly.

Ronnie well done 7 is great, hope your feeling better sounds like you had it rough.  ET is much easier, hope it's all gone well.

Sue hope EC went well, and you got lots of eggs, fingers crossed for fertilisation tomorrow.

EC went well we got 10 eggs and they've just phoned 7 have fertilised so ET tomorrow at 10.  Exactly the same number as last time.  So we'll see how many make it through the night.

I'm with Ronnie with the sickness,  I didn't throw up and when I came round I felt fine it was just when we got back to Liverpool St.  I felt really rough and thought I was going to faint, there was no way I could have eaten lunch.  You girls must have iron stomach's.  The same thing happened last time, and so when we got home I went to bed for a couple of hours.  The best thing is I was still asleep by 10.30 last night and woke at 9 this morning.  So feeling very rested, still quite tender so another day of rest for me.

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

^fairydust^

Love Cally

·
Registered
376 Posts
Afternoon,

Cally & Ronnie - well done with EC and glad you both got a good number of eggs, fingers crossed for you both now.

Sue - good luck with EC today, I'll be waiting to hear how you get on with the sedation.

Kyla - not long for your scan now, how are you feeling, any hot flushes or anything?

Well once again I've been really busy so haven't been able to post although I have flicked through everyone elses posts so know roughly whats been going on.

Went to the 50 Cent concert Sunday night and it was really good, only thing is its Wednesday now and I'm still trying to catch up with my sleep from it.  I've had a terrible headache for the last 2 days, just can't seem to shift it, must pop out and get some paracetomol later.

anyways back to work so will try and pop on this evening to find out how everyone's getting on.

Love
Paula
xxx

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Cally - Well done on the 7 fertilized eggs..that's brilliant! I was so relieved when they phoned to tell me, I bet you were the same!!!  You poor thing! It's so horrible feeling & being sick, isn't it? Did you manage to get any food down you for the anti-biotics?  Good luck for tomorrow am. Hope you lovely embies bed down nicely in the next fortnight.

Hi Paula - Hope they're not working you too hard! Hope the pills work for your headache. Take it easy this afternoon.

ET went really well.  I had 2 grade A's embies transferred back in & managed to freeze 2 grade A-'s. Hopefully they'll hang around for the next 8.5 months!

Saw Sue this morning going into the theatre. Poor thing looked so petrified & was full of cold. Hope she did well & they collected loads of good quality eggs.

Will come back later. Going for a kip now!

Take care

Ronnie

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well done Ronnie - 2 grade A's is a good sign, and great that you had a couple to freeze too!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
quick one - i have 11 follies.

friend is with me.

sue

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Sue - Eleven - great news honey!

Ronnie - Yay! Perfect result there. I felt so much better knowing I had embies on ice too. Hopefully you can use them for a sibling in a year's time or so. I'll be thinking of you these next two weeks, Sue & Cal too.

Paula - I know, less than a week now. Feeling okay, kinda moody and tired. It's been so nice being able to de-stress in the spa each night but I know once the stimming starts I wont really be able to do that any more. How are you finding it? Im injecting rather than sniffing and my legs are black and blue.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Sue - 11!!! That's fantastic. Hope you get lots of embies to choose from. How are you feeling, honey, hope you're not too sore/sick & your journey home wasn't too bad. What time did you leave? I'm please that your friend is with you.  :)

Hi Kyla - How are you doing? You poor thing. Are the d/r injections worse than the stimming ones? When's your b/l scan?

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
HI

Ronnie - very Well done 2 A's that's great and having 2 almost as good frozen, I don't think you  could wish for better.  Time to keep your legs crossed.

It was good to see you this morning albeit briefly.  I don't know what came over me when I saw you sitting in that "cupboard", whether it was knowing what I was going to go through (too much knowledge) and the worry of feeling ill afterwards or what, but I was in tears leaving DH, so much so I asked him to take me home cos I didn't want to do it.

They chose not to drain the cysts, they were there for EC only - they said if they caused me too many probs in the future to ask my GP to get them done.  Trouble is it might be too late then cos of accessing them with embies on board?

I was really lucky coming out of it went in at 10.  and was awake by 11.30,  I felt groggy (?cold) and tender but no sickness, the nurse asked me if I wanted a drink and I asked for water to test it first but my blood pressure was low so she insisted on coffee and biscuits - that helped with the grogginess.  They retested my pressure and I was fine so said I should start moving around, loo etc.  I left at 12, the girl who went in before me was still asleep.

Train journey was a bit much at times and DH said I didn't look too good, but a bag of crisps and coffee helped.  My friend picked me up at station.  She has just left cos DH is now home to work.

I still feel shaky, my head is wavering as I sit here - but I haven't slept all afternoon.

Can't recall having as many antibiotics to bring home as this time.

Paula I was not aware of anything pain etc, in fact it could have been a GA for all I am aware, and maybe I am lucky but no nausea, sickness or the need to sleep loads.

Cal - good luck for you tomorrow - hopefully you can match Ronnie.

Have a good evening all - Ronnie & DH should be  :) :)

Sue

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Sue - I'm sooooooooo pleased that you've made it through without too many problems today. We felt so sorry for you as you went into the theatre & I couldn't go in there with you! I hope the lovely nurses looked after you well. We came in a bit earlier today so that we could see you & wish you well as I know that they wouldn't want us hanging around the recovery ward whilst you're having your details taken!

Are you pleased with the number of eggs?? 11 is brilliant!!

I hope DH is making a fuss of you tonight & spoiling you rotten cos you've been very very brave today. Try and get some rest as you'll feel better for it.

DH has probably got the antibiotics. My DH got them whilst I was out like a light.

Sending you loads of  ^hugme^

Ronnie

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow-congratulations all round xxxx

Ronnie 2 grade As!!! That is great news and I agree with Ky-G having some frozen embies is a great feeling of back up-I know I shouldn't laugh but the whole cupboard idea really is quite bizarre that to me was the one thing that really let Bart's down-I would have rather laid down for a short while before leaving but they don't work in that way!!! Are you doing any bedrest? IO know there are so many different thoughts on this one-I have to say over my 3 cycles I have done a mixture of bedrest, nothing and just taking it easy!!

Cal-7 embies is a great number-are you having a 2 day transfer-I'm just wondering as I had a 3 day transfer-although I think Sue and Ronnie are the same-still I really believe the best place for those embies is nestling down inside you, not in a lab dish!!!!

Sue-I'm so glad happy you got 11 eggs-that is a great number-you must be so pleased especially after all the worries and concerns you've been having xxxxx

I have 2 apps next week-the counsellor and the failed cycle-so hopefully we can start to make some plans!!!!

Off to do some tea-will try to check in again later x

Love Maddy xxxx
^daisy^

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello,

Ronnie - 2 grade a's that's fab, well done and great to have frozen,

Cal - excellent no of embies, another good 1, hope tomorrow goes well for u

Sue - Brilliant news - well done and hope u have a good rest tomorrow

Really exciting to hear all your news and great its all going so well, here's hoping for a good 2ww!!!

Leanne - ooh that sounds painful!! Hope u recovered ok.  Think I may have a few sessions of reflexology over next few weeks then, just to help things along.

Kyla - sounds like its all going well with house and hot tub!!  I will be starting in about 4 weeks, so ec week of 12 December, none frozen so starting from scratch, so fingers crossed!!  Hope the next week of d/regging goes well, sure it will go quickly

Paula -  Hope ur doing well and not worrying too much about sedation....

Maddymoo -  Will be good to get those appointments under your belt, will help get everything moving, or confirm that u want a bit of a break.

Take care - have had what not to wear in background, and although some of it is quite riveting - they are so horrible and patronising,  :mad:!!!

Heatherxxxx

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Maddy - Yes I agree with you about that cupboard. They kept the door shut for ages & there was no air in there either!! You would have thought they could use a bigger room. I've been sleeping this afternoon & I'm still feeling really tired so will just let my body do the talking.  I'm very lucky because I managed to get the next couple of weeks off work but stupidly forgot to ask Bart's to provide a week's sick note for me so will need to phone them tomorrow.

I think Bart's only tend to do 2 day transfers. I also thought it was lovely that they showed us our embies on a screen before putting them back in.  What I want to know is how they know when the embies have gone back into me??? The consultant wasn't very communicative & I was kept talking by the nurses (a good thing!) so didn't really know what was going on 'down there'!

Good luck with your appointment next week.

Cally - Good luck for tomorrow. Hoping for brilliant quality embies for you.

Sue - Hope you're doing OK. Hope a good rest tonight. Don't forget to take your antibiotic & pessary!

Hi to everyone else & thanks for all your good wishes.  :)

Speak soon

Ronnie

·
Registered
216 Posts
Morning Girls,

Just a quick one, we're off to London for ET soon.

Ronnie congratulations on your embryos, a fantastic grade you must be chuffed.  Now relax and let nature take it's course.

Sue well done on 11 after the disappointment last week you must be so pleased.  Fingers crossed for your phone call.

I hope our embryos match Ronnies, but they weren't too hot last time so fingers crossed.

I check in later.

Love Cally

·
Registered
240 Posts
Morning everyone

I was in the cupboard too at ET!  DP and I thought it was a bit surreal - he said he wished he'd brought the camera!

I had a 3 day transfer because my ec was done on a Friday, but I think they normally do 2 days.

Good luck for the ET's happening today - fingers crossed.

Love

Hellie

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Girls

Cally - Good luck for today  ^reiki^. Let us know how you get on.

Hellie - Cupboard experience was a bit strange. They prob used the worst room so not to encourage you to hang around!

Sue - How are you feeling today? Fingers crossed for your phone call this am. Hope you get great embies!

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Sue - I've missed you today, honey, hope you're OK.  ^hugme^

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Leanne

How was your scan today? Did you manage to see much? Is everything OK?

Ronnie

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sue I'm worrying about you too and have checked a few times today for your update - hope everything is ok

Ronnie, well done on the grade a's and freezerbabies.  My first sympton that has never really gone away was a raging thurst. I noticed that about 3 days before my bfp, so watch for that one.

Cal hope today has gone well, lucky you not having to have the full bladder!

I had my scan today, everything was perfect so I've got this constant grin today.  I always set myself up for the worse so when things go well I just go into shock and grin like a nutter.  I just kept muttering over and again - it's mad isn't it - the woman probably thought yeah more like you're mad love :)  We did get a bit emotional when we heard the heart beats - Fran was right about that.  

I just want to say I love Barts and what they do is amazing, I never ever thought I'd experience what I did this morning and I really really really hope that they can all do it for you too.

(oh Ronnie we were posting at the same time!! - we saw everything, 8 arms and legs, and 40 fingers and toes.  One was playing with the cord and generally having a right old figit (my DH to a T) and the other was chilling and not doing a lot (that'll be me then!)

x

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Leanne

Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!  ^hugme^ I got emotional from reading your post!!!

I was thinking about you during the day & I'm sooooooo pleased it's gone well today for you.  It's amazing what you can see on the scan these days. Fran mentioned before about having a 4D scan??

It's only been 1DPT & I already don't know what to do with myself! I'm still feeling quite tired so have been dozing, watching telly & reading posts from this website. Can I ask when the discharge from EC finish? I'm still having it (only a little bit though)

Ronnie

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.