3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home  ;)

Lots of love and luck xx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks Rachel, for the new home.

Icemaiden - I don't know anyone who has had the private amnio done at St Judes.  I haven't gotten that far along with my pregnancies that have been achieved at St Judes as I have miscarried early on.  Mr A used to be a well respected consultant at New Cross Hospital before resigning to further St Judes.  I saw him as a consultant when I was pregnant with my son (natural conception) as my son was a big baby and to talk through having a ceasarian and was impressed at the time with his manner.  Sorry not to be more help.

Jenny

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello there,

I haven't had an amnio at St. Judes, but had successful IVF treatment with Mr A. resulting in my beautiful 13 week old daughter, Daisy. So I can only tell you my feelings about/impressions of the clinic and the staff in general.

Personally, I cannot recommend the clinic highly enough, and that's honestly not just because we were very lucky that our first IVF attempt worked. Even before I became pregnant, I would recommend the clinic very highly. Mr A. started treating me from the outset - He initially performed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy on me to determine why I was not able to conceive, then we had 6 months on clomid & 2 unsucessful IUI's before the IVF. I really felt he tried evrything possible before moving onto the most costly option of IVF. Also, before starting the IVF, I conceived naturally and although I was not having any treatment at the clinic at all at that time, he really helped us out with scans etc & was a great support when I miscarried.

Mr A. & the whole team at St. Judes are incredibly friendly and reassuring. We would turn up there with one worry or another and always left feeling better. I can only say to you that if I had needed to have an amnio, I would have felt totally confident having it there, but that's just my opinion. It's a really hard decision for you to have to make, but I hope that my thoughts may help you, even if only to give you a little reassurance.

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Take care,

Best wishes,

Sam.x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thankyou very much ladies.
    I found lots more info on the clinic & Mr A yesterday,but im glad to hear such high opinions & personal experiences of him.Well,it has to be done,so im going to book a consultation with him & get the ball rolling.Thanks once again,take care now.x x x x x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Just a quick note to say I'm thinking about you as I think you're due to test on Thursday - I'm hoping for that ^reiki^. Take care and please let us know...

Hi Em, Jen & Icemaiden.

With love,

Sam.x

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi there sam,thanks for thinking of me
I did a pregnancy test around an hour ago and got a negative result so i doubt whether it will be positive on thursday .I know its a sin to do a test before you should but its 10.15 am that I see mr A on thursday and my husband cant be there with me due to work commitments so we agreed we'd test just prior to my st jude visit, the horrible thing about it all is having to tell everyone at work as they dont understand that I dont just get one person asking how it went but the whole bunch. to be truthful when it doesnt work you just want to forget it and get on with the next cycle.
for me the next cycle will mean having to go through egg collection (and I loathe that!!!) as the last of my little frosties were used this time

Im not going to get dispondent( have i spelt that right?)
instead im focusing on the next time
thanks for listening to me ....I know you all know what its like
love Lisa xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Lisa - very sorry to hear that it was bfn but you never know you might get  ^reiki^ tomorrow.  Really hope so anyway.

I hate egg collection as well so I'm with you on that one.  I didn't tell people about my treatments (other than my parents and dh's parents) as I cannot stand all the sympathy either.

Good luck with the next cycle - you will get there in the end  :)

Love Jenny x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Lisa,

So sorry to hear about the BFN :-[, but as you know and as Jenny has said, just wait and see what happens tomorrow. I'm still hoping and praying for that ^reiki^ for you.

You have the right attitude, looking forward and thinking about your next treatment if this one hasn't worked. You WILL get there, and a positive attitude helps so much. I know EC is horrible, but you just have to think about those wonderful, fresh little embies you'll have.

I know what you mean about people asking how you've got on etc, it's hard enough to cope with yourself without having to tell everyone else. I used to tell myself that they only asked as they were genuinely concerned about us and wanted it to work for us so badly. In the end, we told all of our friends & colleagues that we would tell them when there was something to tell, and it would be easier for us if they didn't ask. Obviously, it was different with our families, they knew exactly what was happening at every stage. You just have to do what you feel most comfortable with.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Take care now,

With love,

Sam.x and a big X from Daisy.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi all

Hope you don't mind me dropping in but I was wondering if any of you could tell me a bit about St Jude's. I have just had a failed treatment of icsi at my local hospital and we are now looking at other clinic's. I have looked at the St Jude's website and the success rates look really good but I didn't think ivf could have success rates that high! We would have to travel about an hour to get to St Judes so it would be good to know if you all thought that the travel would be worth it.

Do the clinic offer blast transfer? Our clinic only does day 2 transfer which seems a little bit early to me.

Sorry to ask so many questions!!

Thanks

FLH x x x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello FLH,

I cannot recommend St Judes highly enough ! We are very fortunate as we have a beautiful 14 week old daughter after successful IVF at St Judes, on our 1st attempt. I initially had 6 months on clomid, then 2 failed IUI's before moving on to IVF.

The clinic is very well set up and run. They have just moved to larger premises just down the road and now have "Women's hospital" status. I've been back a couple of times with our little daughter (Daisy) and the new place is fantastic.

The staff are wonderful. Mr Adeghe instantly puts you at ease and makes even bad news seem not so bad. The nursing staff are all very caring and we certainly felt like we really mattered and weren't just treated as a number. At any stage of my pregnancy when I had a worry (& I had quite a few!), they were always on hand with help and reassurance. We really do think of ourselves as being part of the St Judes "family".

The success rates are excellent, I certainly didn't find any higher rates when we were looking around - We are just fortunate enough to only live a few minutes away.

They do offer blastocyst transfer - Yvonne, the embryologist is a lovely lady who also goes out of her way to explain everything to you.

I would suggest you give them a call and go for an initial consultation with MR Adeghe, then you can decide how to proceed from there.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you have any more questions, I know how difficult this is & will help if I can.

I wish you the very best of luck, whatever you decide. You will get there.

Take care,

With love,

Sam.x ::) 

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi Sam

Thanks for your reply. It really helps to hear personal recommendations. All the feedback on this thread seems really positive.

Do you mind me asking roughly how much your ivf cost? I know that icsi will be more expensive but I can compare the ivf prices with my clinic to get an idea of costs.

Also, after consultation is there a long waiting list to start treatment? I just wondered because the clinic is fairly small if it would take a while to start.

We booked an appointment for next week with Mr Adeghe and I know all my questions will be answered then but any info you can give me will be really appreciated (i haven't learnt to be patient yet even after years of practice!!)

Thanks for all your help and congratulations on the arrival of Daisy

FLH x x x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all.
I can only agree with Sam and Jenny re St Jude's. They are fantastic and can only repeat what has already been posted. I can definitely recommend them and not just because we have benn successful as we had lots of ups and downs before we fell pregnant by IVF and the support given to us was second to none. Give them a go!

Lisa - I'm thinking of you - what ever the outcome...hang in there.
Jenny - hi hope you are ok.
Sam - glad Daisy is growing well. We too have an obsession with bowel movements! Lewis is now 9 1/2 lb and the girls 8 lb and colicky!!

Em

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All
it was negative, AF is visiting now,As ever ,Mr A and the team were just the medicine to get me focused for the next attempt , Im not being dispondent  Im going ahead with the next cycle .I go for a scan on thurs 17th ready for  down regging .
FLH, i didnt have a pregnancy this time but I can highly recommend Jude and his team ,they truly are fantastic, your care will be second to none and once in the waiting room which is a comfy lounge really you'll get to see all the baby pics of his teams success stories (by the way Sam ,saw daisy in her car seat and remembered the kiss she sent me)
theres kay ,the nurse who is never without a friendly smile, yvonne the embryologist who makes the uncomfortable bits informative and that much more bearable ,kate the receptionist who never forgets who you are  and of course mr adeghe who is a genuinly lovely bloke who makes you feel comfortable and is always easy to talk to even the embarassing things !
and of course the coffee is great
Id recommend them to anyone

love to all ,as always ill keep you posted on our journey toward our dream
lisa xxx

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi all

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. I went for my appointment today and as you all said the staff were fantastic. We talked in detail about the things we could do to improve our chances of conceiving with icsi and dp and I left feeling very positive.

We are hoping to start treatment in April/May so I may be posting here again in the future.

Thanks again for the support

FLH x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

Firstly Lisa - I'm so sorry it didn't work for you this time. I know how difficult it is as I remember how we felt when our IUI attempts failed. But you have such a great attitude & I think you're doing exactly the right thing, cracking on with your next attempt. It really helped us to look forward and plan the next course of treatment when we had bad news. You hang on in there and I'm certain that you'll get there. You know that you are in the best hands, you just have to have faith and belief in what you are doing. I'll continue to hope and pray for you, and Daisy will send you a big hug and kiss each time I post ! (X) :-*
I know the picture of her you are talking about, in her car seat. That was the day we brought her home from hospital, she was so tiny but has grown so much already, 11lb 14 oz yesterday !!! She'll be 16 weeks next week so we're hoping to start her on a bit of baby rice, she can't survive on mommy's boobie juice forever !!! You take care and please let us know how your next cycle is going, I'll be thinking of you.

FLH, I was so glad to read your post and to hear that you'd been to see Jude. I hope it's put your mind at rest a little. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but i only log on every few days, when I get a spare minute ! Please don't hesitate to post on here if you have any more questions, fears, doubts, or if you just want to have a bit of a moan - We've all been there & know how important it is to have some support. Jude and his team will do everything they possibly can to help you, and you will get there.

Em, lovely news to hear Lewis, Charlotte & Martha are doing so well ! You must be so pleased and so proud ! Hope the colic improves, we had Daisy on Infacol for a while, but to be honest, we found she was better when we stopped using it !
Hope you and DH are ok too. Glad to hear it's not just us who obsess about bowels, Daisy did a poo after only 2 days yesterday (she usually only does 1 every 4 or 5 days) so it was big news. Had to ring Paul at work then both sets of grandparents as it was such an event ! Oh how life has changed  :) Keep in touch and let us know how your beautiful trio are doing.

Jen, hope you're ok and that you're making progress with the adoption preparation. Take care and keep us posted.

Love to all of you,

Sam.x

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi

I hope you don't mind me posting here???:-\
We are having our second ICSI but have come across problems with our clinic.  I think that if we get a bfn this time then we shall be looking at moving.  I saw the St Jude's webpage and it looked really nice.  Does anyone know the answers tot he following things:

ICSI live birth rate?
Do they do egg share?
Are there deal packages for tests and drugs? ( we ARE AT care AND WE GET PRELIM TESTS AND DRUGS FOR £500)
How Long do4es it take to be seen after a GP referral?

Thanks for your time

Sharon xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
Im now injecting the suprecur and the menopur and my belly looks like a pin cushion, I forgot how sharp those damn needles are.
When I saw mr a  he said hes going to try me on a short protocol whereby the egg transfer is done mid cycle rather than near the end prior to af, as he says this might have a better result with me.

I have my next scan march 5th to see how my follicles are ripening I do tend to have a good response from the medication so heres hoping !!!
love to all

speak to you again soon

Lisa x

·
Registered
13 Posts
sharon ,
not too sure about the answers to your questions but the staff are more than helpful and im sure they will give you any info you need over the phone or else pop in and have a quick chat. I dont think you need a referral from your gp, you can refer yourself and they will see you within the week usually.
why not book an appointment for a chat with Mr adeghe and see what he can offer you, obviously without any obligation

hope this helps  Lisa x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
feeling really uncomfortable now...my last day of the injections .I go for a scan tomorrow to see how many eggs are growing,
Im already a big girl, but now my waistbands are digging in and making me want a wee all the while.
I dont know how soon ill have egg collection ,that is the next hurdle (you know how much i hate it ).

hope all are well

Lisa x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
saw mr a today and my egg collection is on monday at 8.30 in the morning...gave myself the i.m. HCG injection tonight,jesus that stung like hell, last time I got one of the girls at work to do it. my dh would have fainted he's no good at anything like that,bless him
wheres everyone gone ? I think we need more of judes patients on this site, mind you he's thinking of having a website with a message board like this one and has asked me to help set it up.....should be good
love Lisa x

1 - 20 of 80 Posts