Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on waiting list or having treatment already at St Mary's Manchester.  We are on the waiting list and have another year to go but we have been reading lately some poor results, in fact the worst IVF success rates in the Country we read recently.  We are thinking we may go private instead of waiting for NHS because of the stats - is there anyone out there with any experience of St Mary's ?
Many thanks
Jojox

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi jojo

i'm not at manchester  ;D but i have had a look back at some old posts and it seems there are a few girls who are at or have been at st mary's. try using the search facility at the top of the page and type in "st mary's manchester" and lots of old posts come up, you might find it very interesting reading and it could help with your decision  ;)

good luck hun

pam xx

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Jojo,

I've just had a BFN at St Mary's.  Whilst we were on the waiting list, we did attempt a cycle at the beginning of the year at MFS, Manchester - but unfortunately it was abandoned as I didn't respond.  Thankfully I did respond at this last one (short protocol).

Anyway, I didn't really see much difference between MFS (private) and St Marys in terms of visiting to get  drugs and having bloods/scans - and the staff seemed friendly enough.  Obviously we went further with St Marys and I did feel as though you don't get as much attention (which is what I expected I guess, as opposed to private).  MFS would have aspirated my endo cyst for example, during EC, but I awoke from EC with St Marys to find that they hadn't aspirated it.  They obviously had good reason but nobody bothered to tell me!  Also, I went for a follow-up consultation after this BFN, and was told 'as an after thought' that they were going to try me on the long protocol next time.  This is obviously huge news to me.  We will cycle again with St Marys in September and see what happens, as we have one more go. 

When we got to the top of the list, I was worried that we wouldn't be able to start straightaway still but we did.  Also when I rang on day 1 of AF, I know that sometimes they have too many patients so you have to try again the following month - but I was ok to start immediately.  Whether that happens next time..

Good luck in your decision - it's never easy knowing which is the best route, particularly for something so important!

BH x

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi

I had treatment at St Marys. We were told the wait was 3 yrs but called after 15 months. We had IVF and were very lucky as it worked 1st time for us.

Somewhere on here theres is another thread about this so do a search as it may help you.

Good luck

Sara

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Sara

I'm at St Mary's Manchester and due to start treatment tomorrow.

I'll write on Wednesday and let you know how we got on.

kaz

·
Registered
124 Posts
hi everybody,,

sending you all lots of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
i had my last treatment and this current treatment from st mary's. the staff are brilliant and the nurses are very nice and very professional, i suppose the rest of it depends on fate and if its for you it will happen. dont worry just have faith.

im on my 2ww after frozen egg transfer..

good luck in your search

babysmile

·
Registered
58 Posts
i am not being treated at st marys but i know that the man in charge is Dr Liberman adn i see him privately at his clinic MFS and when i asked him about the stats in St marys as we to read how poor they were he said that you had to take into account the type of people that are requesting and are being treated it isnt simply down tot he hospital it is the patient that matters there health etc etc.

Hope this helps

best wishes
Datai

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sara M . Hello I have just read your bit on how long you waited on the list for St. Marys and me and the hubby were just wondering how long ago this was. We were told in March this year that we would have to wait at least 3yrs. Many thanks shepherdess from Bolton.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi sheperdess

My son is now 15 months , plus a 9 month pregnancy so it will be over 2 years agao that we started and we waited before that, so i guess it is a long time ago!!!!

Sara

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shepherdess,

We might have to wait a long time and even then nothing may happen,
but as long as I have you I am as happy as I need to be because I love you more than I can ever tell you.

Dave
xxxx

·
Registered
26 Posts
BH,
How is everything going now with st mary's?
thanks  :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.