Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies

I know we all promise not to over analyze everything, and here I am 1 day after basting doing just that.

I have just had a sharp stabbing pain on the l.h.s (where my only follie was) and just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same? 

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ it was DH's super sperm pushing it's way into the egg, or at the very least a big lovely egg bursting out.

Any advice much appreciated.
XXXX

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I've not had IUI but if the pains happened a day after basting & assuming you had basting before ovulation....then sounds like ovulation itself.

Lots of luck
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Minxy

I usually have a few little "tweaks" after I've OV'd but not a sharp stabbing pain like this so just wondered if anyone else had experienced it.

Maybe it was just such a massive egg  ^reiki^ ^pray^.

Thanks again
Julie
XXX

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
It could also be where the catheter was inserted through cervix and into womb...I've not had IUI but have had 6 ETs with IVF and one of the after effects can be some cramping and pains from the catheter.....perhaps it's that ?

Your ovaries continue to produce hormones following ovulation and each cycle can be different so again, maybe it's that ?

I'd try not to over analyse anything, although I know that's not always easy !

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts