Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

LO's not walking on his own yet but when he walks with us holding him up or when cruising on the sofa, he tends to stand on his tiptoes. Is that just a normal stage of development when finding their feet?
He doesn't do it all the time, sometimes he will put his feet flat on the floor, but he tiptoes more often than not.  ???
We were wondering if its anything to do with the jumpy bouncer he uses or his walker?
He's 10 months.

Thanks,
Claire x

(You do a brilliant job by the way x)

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya Claire

Can he stand with his feet flat on the floor?

It is ''normal'' stage of development

Be careful with his walker/ bouncer and make sure that they are set to the height that will enable him to stand flat as opposed to on tip toe.

How often are you using the walker/ bouncer?

Jxxx

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jeanette,

Thanks for replying  :)
He can put his feet flat on the floor but it's as if he'd rather not, if you see what I mean ???
If I try to get him to concentrate and stand on his own (which I think he could do) he sort of shuffles from one leg to another.  I think that is because he can't balance properly.

He spends about 20 mins a day between the bouncer and walker. Although in the last week or so, he hasn't been going in them as much because he doesn't like the restriction.

Also My MIL thinks he should be wearing proper shoes all the time to give his ankles support. I totally disagree. I'd rather leave the shoes until he has to wear them - i.e. when he's walking properly. Am I right, do you think?

Thanks Jeanette,

Claire x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts