Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi  :)

Myself and DH have been ttc for about 2years now with no luck

H's sperm result didn't come back very good and I took two 21 day tests and only ovulated once so I'm now on clomid, which I started taking a few days ago.

I feel a little weird at times but I'm ok (so far).

I have a HSG on Friday which I am very nervous about.  I do think it is kinda weird to be put on clomid before a HSG, incase the tubes are blocked but I decided to go ahead anyway.

Anyway just thought I would introduce myself  :)

Maddie (33)

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Hi Maddie

Welcome to the wonderful world of  ^idiot^ tablets.
Good luck with your HSG. It's not to painful - feels more like a heavy period afterwards! I'd reccomend chocolate and sympathy for afterwards  ;D

TTFN

Debs

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Maddie

I had a HSG after my lap, it was absolutely fine, I had myself all worked up because they made it sound so unpleasant but really not too bad. The worst thing I found was the diazapan (SP?) that they insisted I took before the test....felt like I'd had 10 drinks in 5 minutes and the nurse was killing herself laughing at me weaving all over the place on the walk from gynae to X-Ray!

Good luck for Friday.

Nicki.x

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Hi Maddie

Welcome to FF and the  ^idiot^ tablets, Hope you get on Ok with them, just in case you don't already, the best advice I was given was to take them at night, that way you sleep through most of the SE's.

Good luck
Niki x  ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Maddie

I had an HSG many years ago but I can honestly say it's fine....and if you're like me, actually find it quite interesting as I positioned so I could see what was going on, on the screen...seeing the dye go up through my womb & into my tubes. You may find you bleed a little afterwards & feel "tender" (in some cases it may upset your cycle a little)...and beware of the dye as it has to come out sometime & only one way out ! :-[

Take a look at this site http://www.ivf.com/fert_hysterosalpingogram.html
- it's basically a US site but some good info on an HSG...

Anyway, good luck with the op, take it easy & hope the Clomid doesn't make you too :mad: or :'( but if you have any questions we're all here :)

Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi Maddie

Just wanted to welcome you to clomid, you've come to the right place  :)

I had the test last year and i did find it a little painful but my tubes were actually spasming and the dye wouldn't go through. Its not embaressing or anything and my dh was there holding my hand so you don't have to be in on your own.  Do take a couple of painkillers beforehand and afterwards it just felt like mild period pains, a little tender, only for about a day.  Good luck.

See you around xx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying guys at least I am prepared.  (mental note to take painkillers and non house brick sanitary towel lol).

I will go check out that website too.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow !

Maddie

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Casper said:
I had a HSG after my lap, it was absolutely fine, I had myself all worked up because they made it sound so unpleasant but really not too bad. The worst thing I found was the diazapan (SP?) that they insisted I took before the test....felt like I'd had 10 drinks in 5 minutes and the nurse was killing herself laughing at me weaving all over the place on the walk from gynae to X-Ray!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I have such a great picture in my head!
I have to ask though were you wearing one of those awful hospital gowns that show your bum to the world????

Sorry but have tears streaming down my face from laughing as I type this.

Debs

·
Registered
147 Posts
Debs

Thankfully no my  ^shake^ was not on display, I didn't get changed into the lovely gown until I got to X-Ray, she put me in this little cubicle to get changed, but I had trouble getting out as I was supposed to go through a magic door on the other side to go straight into theatre....my fuddled brain had some difficulty with this concept as you can imagine... afterwards she took me back to gynae where I had to lie down and wait for DH because I literally felt totally ******...I swear to God I looked like the drunken lush in a suit lying on the pavement outside a bar on a Friday night! But at least it took my mind off the test!

Nicki.x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

I've just got back from the hospital and my tubes are clear  :) :)  The doc said everything looked fine.

The HSG was a little uncomfortable but more like a sensation of something happening down below.  I feel a little crampy and warm around my pelvic area now but it doesn't hurt.

Oh well I guess I'll continue with the cuckoo tablets then!

/hugs

Maddie

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Hi Maddie

That's great, well done.

Nikix  ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi Maddie

Great news!  Good luck  ^reiki^
xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Maddie

Great news... ^reiki^

Take care
Natasha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.