Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if somebody could advise.  i have just received my prescriptions for clomid and metformin and medication to induce a period, just wondering if I should try a couple of months taking just metformin before I start the clomid.  i am going on holiday at the end of June and so can't start the clomid until I return.  If it is possible to take just the metformin, will I need to take the period inducing drug??  I have read some interesting articles on metformin regulating womens cycles and as I have no periods at all thought it may be worth giving that a try immediately.  Am I just being impatient and should I just wait to start both together when I return?
Is there anyone else who has tried just metformin on its own with any success??
Thanks for any advice
strawbs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ^idiot^

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi Strawbs,

Im due to start taking Metformin on its own today so cant offer any advice yet but it maybe worth posting on the POCs thread either that or ask the advice of your gyny or his secretary ....

However Clomid did regulate my cycles and I was on it for 12 months ...

There are girls on the Clomid thread taking both and Emma is setting up a clomid/metformin girls thread to chat on soon

Good luck

Love Ju x x

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Strawbs

I would definitely recommend taking the metformin first.  This is exactly what I did and like you I was not having regular periods.  My cycle returned to normal within a month or so.  I have been having regular periods ever since.  Then I added in the clomid and hey presto I fell pregnant.

Good Luck :)

Becky

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Strawbs
Come and join us on the clomid forum - there are lots of people at all stages of taking clomid as well as metformin ....  you will find lots of info and answers to your questions
chat to you there ....
lots of luck to you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.