Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if any ladies who have been through DE IVF can offer some advice.

We are just in the process of starting our cycle. Very excited, and terrified and worried all mixed up. But also relieved to actually be moving forward after being in limbo for so long whilst ttc, being diagnosed with POF, waiting lists etc.

I was on Cyclo-progynova HRT, and took my last pill the week before xmas, I had a bleed and then went into the clinic to have a down regulation jab -gonolptyl (I think it was called).

Anyway while I was there, I had a scan and I still had a 7mm endo lining - which was unusual as had just had a bleed. The nurse said that I would probably have another bleed when the jab kicked in.

That was 10 days ago and nothing.

Anyone any ideas? I thought that the lining might be explained as we have just returned from holiday and I was quite ill (Delhi Belly!) so my HRT was probably just going straight through. But maybe not.

I am so frustrated that my body just doesn't ever seem to respond the expected way, and worried that it will delay our cycle and I don't want to go ahead without optimum conditions in there.

Thank you x

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi Millie,

I can't comment on the meds as your protocol is completely different to the one I had, but I would call the clinic if you are at all concerned. Try not to worry (though I know it's tough!) - they will make sure you are ready before your donor starts her stimms as I am sure she will be down regulated and they can hold on you on that for weeks if needed to sunch the cycles.

I hope it goes well for you!

Caroline

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Caroline, I will give them a call this week.

Congratulations on your little one!

xx

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
When I did my FET cycle I went during a bleed and my lining would not drop below 8mm. I had to take the pill for 1 month, down regulate and have another bleed before they would go ahead with oestrogen to build a new lining.

May be speak to the clinic. They might want to give you some progesterone to induce another bleed, or rescan you to ensure that the DR meds have caused some lining reabsorption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.