Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone out there is due to start their treatment around 14th Feb? I'm scheduled to start down regging on 14th Feb (hope special date will give us a little extra luck!). ;D

I'm also at the Gateshead QE's information evening on 11th Feb.  This is my first attempt so I'm being optimistic.  I've also been having accupuncture treatment with Nicola Scholes for a couple of months now so I'm hoping that will work in my favour as well. 

Looking forward to hearing from anyone!

BB

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Mandy, nice to hear from you! :)  Good luck on your journey as well, hopefully you won't be waiting too long.  We're having to go private.  Are you at the QE as well?Its all very daunting, not knowing what to expect and also bricking myself about the EC, but I've been through a lap and Hyst so it can't be any worse than that! ^eyes^

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
BB - wishing you all the luck hun - and you too Mandy hun.
We had EC the day before our 15th wedding anniversary, ET was the day after, and last year we took our georgous daughter to York with us.... in the past its been a romantic weekend away to mark our anniversary, now though its a family getaway ....wishing you both all the very very best.
I was bricking it, I'm a complete needle phobe but tried to stay open minded and optimistic (although that wavered when I only had 4 eggs retrieved, and was on the verge of a breakdown when only 1 of them actually fertilised)...I had regular Reiki sessions and did self healing on myself and bought a cd relaxation cd and fertility spell off ebay (I bought anything and everything that I thought might give me something positive to focus on).

You only need one good quality egg - wishing you all the very best with your respective treatments

Best wishes
Sheila

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Sheila - thanks for your message of support. :) Fingers crossed we get that all important good quality egg.

Well, we attended an information evening at the QE last Tues, I was really surprised at how many couple were there - just goes to show how many people are having to go down the assisted rep route.  Got my bag with auto injector in, I'm quite pleased it's an auto injector and I won't have to work myself up to putting a needle in and then pressing the syringe  ^eyes^.

So our next appt is on 25th when we sign everything, we'll be given all the dates for our cycle and DH gets his blood taken and get drugs sorted out.    Just trying to  not think too much about it and chill - easy to say!  Anyway, keeping up appts with acupuncture, also taking herbs that she's given me for v.heavy bleeding but know I've got to stop taking them before treatment.  Glad acupunturist knows the ropes as she's recommended by the QE!

Can anyone advise what Vits/supplements they've taken during treatment and any food they recommend to have?  At the mo I'm only taking Vit B, Folic Acid and Iron (to prevent anemia).  Oh and I sometimes take cod liver oil to stop my joints from creeking when I've been running! ;D

BB

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
BB
I had hubby taking wellman multivitamins, I was on the Pregnacare (waited til they were 3 for 2 in boots then stockpiled them hahah) I also drank loads of pineapple juice (not from concentrate) and ate brazil nuts around ET time, I'd read that the sellenium these particular foods contain is good to keep the womb lining nice and juicey for a precious embryo or two.
Have got everything crossed that you're all posting BFP's this year xxxx
Luvies
Sheila - who has spent the evening packing a Panietta full to the brim with sweets and treats in readiness for my CfL's ICSI miracle's first birthday party xxxx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Sheila - Hope your little girl had a fab birthday! :)

Well got my full cycle details yesterday, got shown how to use the auto injector, had my blood taken (after they managed to find a vein!  ^eyes^) and signed all the forms so I'm ready to rock and roll!! Just waiting for the phone call about my drug delivery and then I'm off!!! I'm sort of nervous/excited/sick all rolled into one!  Only thing I have to go back for is a scan to check on the fibroid I have (which is apparently right on the top of my womb but Mr Aird is happy it's not affecting the shape of the womb) and see how accessible my ovaries are. Can't believe its all coming around so quickly now.  People I have told are convinced its a sign that I'm starting on 14th Feb - lets hope they're right!

BB.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
BB,
I was in a similar position, when we got to the scan immediately before EC, the dr found a cluster of fibroids and I went into a blind panic (I lost my only naturally conceived little one to a huge broid) so was utterly terrified, in floods of tears and wanted to put a stop to my treatment there and then to conserve my 3 precious nhs attempts.
I was in a right state when they brought in the big gun, Prof Stewart herself and she scanned me again and reassured me that they wouldn't impact on implantation - so, I took her at her word, and by crikey she was spot on....although I worried through my entire pregnancy, the fibroids really weren't an issue at all.
You'll go through all sorts of emotions going through treatment, and we're here for you whenever you need us.
Wishing you all the very very best.
Sheila

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey

I started down-regging on the 18th Feb.  A week in the hot flushes, sweats and headaches have started but in a way good to know it is doing something.  :) I am at Hexham but the embryology and (hopefully) transfer are being done at the QE.  At the moment EC is scheduled for the 23rd March and transfer for the 25th, so it may be around the same time???

Cloot 

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Cloot,

Yeah, you're prob about the same as me give or take a couple of days!  I haven't had the headaches so far (touch wood!) but I have had the hot flushes, mainly on a night time, but most of all my moods are up and down like a rollercoaster!  One minute I love everyone, the next minute I want to scream at everyone and/or punch someone - complete psycho! ;D ;D

BB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi BB
Yep - there have been a couple of teary phone calls to my hubby over the last week - weepy moe than moody I think (well I think that maybe my husband has different ideas!  It is the same hot flushes at night time. Hoping the headaches could be pre-menapausal as that is the usual run of things and will clear up in a few days.  What a state! But hopefully all worthwhile.

As to the supplements, wanted to let you know there is a great list on the ICSI board under vits and supplements (would have posted it for you but not sure how without losing this!). Both hubby and I off alcohol and I am trying to reduce my caffine intake - which has turned out to be the harder of the two tasks - maybe that says something!  Both on the pregnacare conception and brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds (homemade museli is the way to go here), and tomatoes or tomato based dinners all being consumed in much greater proportion than normal (got that advice from another FF also on ICSI).  As Shelia mentions as well planning on upping the pineapple juice intake too. Aside from the benefits (or not) at least it is helping us feel as if we are doing something positive. We have been waiting since August so it has helped make the time go by more quickly!

Hope the psycho moments die down!
Cloot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.