Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm a new member just starting my first cycle of ICSI, started DR on Wednesday, feeling OK had a few headaches at first. I was worried about the injection at first but felt like a scratch so was relieved about that, anyone else starting at a similar time?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
^hello^ Liisa welcome hunni xxxxxx sorry I'm not going to be starting tx until sept, but I have had 2 failed attemps at ICSI  :(so I know what you are going through!!!! x I'm so glad your finding the injections ok, I anticipated it being alot worse than it actually was I wish you  ^goodluck^ with tx sending you  ^hugme^ and xxxxxx If ever you need support there is always someone here to give it to you take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S you should have a look on cycle buddies, to see if anyone is doing tx at the same time as you I'm sure there are lots of people xxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
^hello^
I'm new to this.
I just started DR on wed as well. I just cant believe treatment is now underway.
I have had headaches with the injections and hot flushes. I was Zoladex for a few months so I have been very tiered as well.
I'll send you lots of luck and ^hugme^

·
Registered
703 Posts
hi all i start my d/r injections on thursday so near enough the same time.
im kinda dreading the injections as have bit of needle phobia so any advice about them would be great.

This is my 1st attempt so all is new to me.

Good luck and take care ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^fairydust^

Louise xxx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Louise03 said:
im kinda dreading the injections as have bit of needle phobia so any advice about them would be great.

^fairydust^

Louise xxx
Hi Louise

I am a bit of a chicken... when it comes to needles but my DH has been doing them and I have been looking away. However that said I only felt a scratch and then no other pain on the first day, but the following injections had been stinging a bit, so I looked on the message board for advice. I am on Burselin and it has to be stored in the fridge, however to reduce the stinging someone had advised to take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before the injection, this worked and my last injection did'nt sting. So Good luck ^daisy^ and let me know how you get on

Liisaxxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
snowy12 said:
^hello^
I'm new to this.
I just started DR on wed as well. I just cant believe treatment is now underway.
I have had headaches with the injections and hot flushes. I was Zoladex for a few months so I have been very tiered as well.
Hi

What drug are you using to DR, I've been lucky I've had very few side effects apart from headaches for the first few days. Not as bad as I expected! Wishing you the best of luck ^goodluck^

Liisa

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hayleigh said:
^hello^ Liisa welcome hunni xxxxxx sorry I'm not going to be starting tx until sept, but I have had 2 failed attemps at ICSI :(so I know what you are going through!!!! x I'm so glad your finding the injections ok, I anticipated it being alot worse than it actually was I wish you ^goodluck^ with tx sending you ^hugme^ and xxxxxx If ever you need support there is always someone here to give it to you take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S you should have a look on cycle buddies, to see if anyone is doing tx at the same time as you I'm sure there are lots of people xxxx
HI Hayleigh
Thanx for the advice and good luck for your tx in September it will soon come around ^fairydust^

Liisaxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi
How are things?
I'm on Buserelin for D/R. Just had scan today and have to continue for another week. Got to have double the dose (double the injections) Good job the injections are not bothering me. I did let DH have a go just in case things get too much.

liisa said:
snowy12 said:
^hello^
I'm new to this.
Hi

What drug are you using to DR, I've been lucky I've had very few side effects apart from headaches for the first few days. Not as bad as I expected! Wishing you the best of luck ^goodluck^

Liisa

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi
How are things going? How are the injections?
I was worried about giving myself an injection but they have been fine a bit stingy, like a nettle sting.
Take care

Louise03 said:

^fairydust^

Louise xxx

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi

I am going through ICSI at the moment too. (2nd attempt) But its like the first time all over again as things are different because I have changed clinics.

I am on day 3 of stimms.

Wish you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for your tx.

Zoe xx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Liisa

think i am on about the same timetable as you! been on Buselerin for a few weeks - terrible headaches though! go back next week for a scan and to start my next set of drugs...

don't find the injections bad but i bruise a lot!

my partner has a low sperm count and we are being put forward for blastocyst as well - to give us the best chances possible - so hoping one go will do it!

Lottie x x

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
snowy12 said:
Hi
How are things?
I'm on Buserelin for D/R. Just had scan today and have to continue for another week. Got to have double the dose (double the injections) Good job the injections are not bothering me. I did let DH have a go just in case things get too much.

Hi
I had my baseline scan on Tue but my womb lining was not thin enough so I had to carry on with Burselin injections until my next scan which was on Thursday. My womb lining is now thin enough so I have started on my next set of injections today as well as continuing with Burselin. Two needles in the morning, how painful is that!! No really bad side effects as yet but it is still early days.

LIISA ^rainbow^

Liisa

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lottie101 said:
Hi Liisa

think i am on about the same timetable as you! been on Buselerin for a few weeks - terrible headaches though! go back next week for a scan and to start my next set of drugs...

don't find the injections bad but i bruise a lot!

my partner has a low sperm count and we are being put forward for blastocyst as well - to give us the best chances possible - so hoping one go will do it!

Lottie x x

Hi Lottie

I've just started my next set of drugs today, so things are moving swiftly, I have my next scan on Thursday. What is Bastocyst iv'e not heard of this, my clinic has not mentioned this. ^goodluck^ with your tx
Liisa ^daisy^

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
zozo said:
Hi

I am going through ICSI at the moment too. (2nd attempt) But its like the first time all over again as things are different because I have changed clinics.

I am on day 3 of stimms.

Wish you lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for your tx.

Zoe xx
Hi Zoe

Wishing you good luck with your second tx

Liisa ^daisy^

·
Registered
20 Posts
Louise 03,
I am in my  ^2ww^ after my first ICSI.  I am totally needle phobic and was shaking at the thought of the injections. I decided to do the first one myself.  :eek: There are 2 techniques: you can either put the needle in really slowly, or really quickly (a quick jab).  I did it really slowly and hardly felt the first one go in (Gonal F pen syringes). Take your time, concentrate on your breathing and remember why you are doing it. If I can do it anyone can!
I ended up doing all my own, but went back to the clinic for my pregnyl shot.  Glad I did!
You will be fine.
I did feel really rotten throughout though. Down reg headaches got worse as time went on. Gonal F made me feel really sick and had problems with pain in my lower abdomen. Tired throughout. Achy (.)(.). 
It all passes.
Keep the goal in mind and you can do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Liisa

i think not everywhere is doing blastocyst yet - i think my hospital is quite advanced. its where they leave the eggs longer before they put them back in! i think they are able to select better eggs this way and the success rates are much higher - but i think you have to be a 'good candidate' - and my consultant said he had high hopes for us as i did have a problem (with my thyroid) but all fine now - so hopefully once will be enough!

you seem to be about a week ahead of me actually - as having a scan on wed, drugs on friday - so will follow you along!

Lottie x

·
Registered
703 Posts
hi everyone sorry i haven't replied in while.

Well im on day 4 of DR injections, my dh is injecting me, he does it slowly which i find better and i also put an ice pk on 5 mins before to help numb it.
The 1st one i did'nt feel but had like a nettle sting which cleared after about 10 mins. The only one that hurt was yesterday it stung a little bit,  :'( 
Im quite lucky i haven't bruised at all just feel very tired and have slight headache now and again.

I go bk to the clinic on 10th june for a scan and hoping to start stimming on 11th june if all is ok. I'm gonna be on Gonal-F-Penn not sure wot dosage yet but im sure they will tell me when i go for my scan. I really hope that needle dont hurt that much ha.

Im just so happy to have finally started it seemed like it would never happen,  ^pray^ that it all goes ok our consultant is very confident that it will work as he said we still got chance of it happening naturally, as dh sperm dont meet my eggs but they will def be meeting so hope so!

Louise xxx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Louise03 said:
hi everyone sorry i haven't replied in while.

Well im on day 4 of DR injections, my dh is injecting me, he does it slowly which i find better and i also put an ice pk on 5 mins before to help numb it.
The 1st one i did'nt feel but had like a nettle sting which cleared after about 10 mins. The only one that hurt was yesterday it stung a little bit, :'(
Im quite lucky i haven't bruised at all just feel very tired and have slight headache now and again.

I go bk to the clinic on 10th june for a scan and hoping to start stimming on 11th june if all is ok. I'm gonna be on Gonal-F-Penn not sure wot dosage yet but im sure they will tell me when i go for my scan. I really hope that needle dont hurt that much ha.

Im just so happy to have finally started it seemed like it would never happen, ^pray^ that it all goes ok our consultant is very confident that it will work as he said we still got chance of it happening naturally, as dh sperm dont meet my eggs but they will def be meeting so hope so!

Louise xxx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Hi,
I started stimms on Fri, two injections now I feel like pin cushion! Just feel more tired as had few side effects when DR. I have my scan on Thur, hopefully follies are growing well, I should have more of an idea when EC is by then. The Gonal f pen will be easier to use for stimming though, I am using Menopur where I have to mix powders and water together.

Best wishes

Liisa ^reiki^

·
Registered
703 Posts
hi Liisa fingers crossed uollies are growing well ^reiki^
just quick question when taking the gonal-f-pen how often do u take it?
plus wots the mixing of powder and water? ^idiot^ sorry clue ha
good luck and take care

Louise xxx

1 - 20 of 54 Posts