Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scary! starting these injection this Saturday on long 21 day protocol at hammersmith.  1st IVF attempt.  It would be good to chat to those starting at same time / going thru same thing.  Good luck everybody!!
:)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hiya
I have already started and im on day 15 on first cycle.... but its ok.. the injections are fine...(OMG - I cant belive im saying the injections are fine) but honestly they are... you get used to them....I get DH to do mine.....

Im no expert on IVF cycle but there are lots of people on FF who will be able to offer you lots of advice and support..even if you just want to moan about the initial few days of injecting.... we have all been there...

Good luck with your cycle xx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ xx

Als

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi,
Ive recently finished all my injections and Im  :)now on the tww, I would like to agree with the other comments, that the injections are fine.
my partner does different shifts so I had to do all my injections myself, but once youve done the first few its ok.
I always put the telly on when im doing them, it helps me to feel that someones in the room with me, instead of being in an empty house.
Ive done the injections using the gun and the other injections without the gunand both are generaly ok.Just give yourself plenty of time to do them in and dont rush yourself.

Good luck

Ruby

Ruby

·
Registered
710 Posts
HI there just wanted to say I just completed my 1st cycle at Hammersmith on long protocol . I was worried about iinjections at first but it's not too bad once you start. The nurses there are great if you ever  need help or advice just phone them. Also if you  want re-assurance they  can do the first injection with you if you go betwwen 0700 and 0900. Good luck sure you will be fine
Z

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

I am due to start on Sunday 16th according to the notes I got through the post, I have my appointment with the nurse tomorrow so will know more then.

Good luck to you all, I hope all your dreams come true!!!!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Nedney
Good luck with starting your injections on Saturday!  Dont worry you will be fine and Hammersmith staff can help you if you want some support until you get used to it.  Really once you get started you will wonder what you were worrying about!  I cant imagine my life without injections these days ;D I used to get DH to do but to be honest am now just as happy doing them myself
I am on my 3rd IVF at hammersmith,  I was on long day2 protocol but due to complications have switched to long day 21 and am now 1 week into Buserelin injections. 
Do come and join us on the Hammersmith thread - think you have posted there in the past?
Wishing you the best of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Sarah 

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all your messages everyone!  went back to hammersmith for another co-ordination appt today (first one was difficult to follow).  clearer about what i should be doing and when.  thanks for all your injection advice - like the idea of having the telly  on as the same time!  a good tip

Good luck to you all
nx

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi Nedney,

just wanted to say i start my first round of jabbing on Thursday, so I'll just be 4 days behind you! I'm at CARE in Northampton. We've had jab training - seems quite straightforward really - might be different next Thursday!  ^scared^

Sending you lots of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Keep in touch,

Cathy :-*

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
hi there am just about to start too why dont you join the oct/november buddies list evryone is great and have given me so much advice its good to hear from people who are going through the same stages as yourself. we are called the bonfire babes but if you just go into the blue box at bottom left and scroll to oct nov there we are take care hun and hopefully see you there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.