Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Hi everyone.

We're so excited, we have our first patient appointment at the JR for ivf on the 27th September.

When will we be able to start?

If my next period is October 2nd, when will i start taking the drugs?

Any hints or tips will be appreciated! Also if anyone else going through the same at the same time, please let me know!

Thank you

Good luck to you all!

Lots of love

Emma ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi Emma,

Congrats on your appointment. I am at the lister in london, at our consultation i had a scan, dh had a semen analysis and i was given all the forms to take to my gp for all the relevant blood tests (word of warning-there are alot of them!)

It did take a good few months to get things done as certain blood tests have to be done at certain times in your cycle but its well worth the wait. I am egg sharing so i had to have more tests than usual, so you may get to start very soon.

Good luck for your appointment, let us know how you get on,

L xx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi emma

as tequila said, the tests can take some time, i had my first appointment in oct and started my ivf in jan, but you are on your way now hun best of luck to you

luv pam xxx

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tequila.

Thanks for your reply. I had all my bloods done two weeks ago at the doctors, dp has another sperm test tomorrow so that all results will be waiting for us at appointment. Looks like all clinics do things differently.

Hope you don't have to wait too long!

Love Emma ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
you shouldnt have to wait that long at all then emma. are you excited or nervous?

i have been down regging for 3 days now and am pooing my pants  ;D

just praying that the lady having my eggs will be ready when i am as im not a patient person  ::)

l xx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Emma

Just a quick post to say good luck and great news your appointment is so soon.

Well, I don;t know how other clinics work so I will let you know about the way ours did.  We had to have a raft of tests done prior to first appointment SA, Rubella etc etc.  At our first appointmetn they went through these and told us that the deal was ICSI.  We then went onto the ICSI waiting list which, was 3 months.  This then resulted in a nurses appointment when we got the prescription for the drugs and the go ahead to start on the next cycle.  I have to confess I am not sure what the 3 month wait was for because it seems that once you are in the system you can go pretty much when ready rather than waiting again.

Clare

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Pam, Clare_s and Tequila!

Thanks for your messages! Its a nightmare waiting isn't it! I'm so impatient and just want to start NOW!!

Good luck to you all!

Love Emma

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Emma

Just wanted to welcome u to the inbetweenies

Best of luck for ur appt at JR next week (is that the john radcliffe in oxford??) if it is in oxford i have heard they are good there  :)

I cant offer any advice on ivf as  i havent yet ventured down that avenue yet.

Let us know how ur appt goes

Sending  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emilyxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts