Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have lurked on these boards for a while but never posted anything but now I guess it would be good to have some more support and actually get involved.

So a little bit about me. I am 34 turning 35 in March which is a bit of a milestone I want to ignore and have been married for 2 years. We have been trying to get pregnant since we got married and started having investigations about a year ago. We have unexplained infertility which is a complete pain as there appears to be nothing to fix!

We were referred to UCH and had four rounds of IUI in the NHS. The first I was on Clomid and overstimulated so had to be cancelled. I then moved onto Menapur and the next two tries were OK but didn't work. The last try failed as I ovulated over the weekend and so we missed our chance. That was rather frustrating to be honest and I felt I had had enough of the NHS at that point!

The nurses at UCH were great but the consultants weren't and I hated they way you were treated as though you didn't have anything else to do but sit around in hospital waiting rooms all day. Holding down a job and fitting in all the appointments without telling your employer is really hard. Combine that with staying sane through the process and dealing with the failure means this has been pretty tough but I guess you all know that too!

So we moved to CRGH they seem good and have high sucess rates which is the main thing.  I have my Dummy Embryo transfer today and start the first set of drugs on Saturday. I am feeling pretty anxious about the whole thing. It seems like such a huge step and I guess I never thought this would actually happen. That I would be one of those people you hear about that magically get pregnant all by themselves just as they've stopped thinking about it - I might scream if I hear that story one more time!

So would be good to hear from anyone at CRGH who can give me their experiences or who starts this week too to keep in touch with.

thanks

Maria

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi there
I have been lurking around the boards for a while now too without posting.  Saw your message and thought I would take the plunge. 
Hubby and I have been ttc for 3 years.  Problem seems to be poor sperm motility and abnormal forms.  Anyway, we started a cycle of IVF at Woking ACU in October 2010.  All went well with egg collection but no eggs fertilised.  Gutted -  but clinic said that this gave them valuable diagnostic information!  Starting ICSI today. 
I know how anxious you must feel. Good luck with your dummy embryo transfer. 
Brambleash x

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - thanks so much for your message! So sorry to hear about your first try I can imagine that must be gutting. You dont realise before you start this how many hurdles there are to get over..  Sounds like ICSI is the way to go.

Good luck today too!

xx

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am starting my treatment today in Leeds. ^pray^

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good luck poohbear!
Brambleash x

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Maria!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I have been marked down as unexplained as well. I have had lots of interesting discussions with DH about it. My theory is that there must be something wrong or we would have conceived, wouldn't we? His theory is that sometimes things happen (or don't happen) and there doesn't have to be a reason. I resist the temptation to thump him at that point! ^bigbad^ I agree, in some ways it would be better if they found something, at least there would be some sort of action plan, something that could be done. I know my clinic just had the "we will do this and see if it works" attitude. Here is a link to the unexplained section of FF ~CLICK HERE

I see you have found the CRGH section. I am sure the lovely ladies there will be able to help you.

Here are a couple of other links that I think might be useful.

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Here is the link for the January/February buddies ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck!!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sue

Thanks for your message and help. I have found the CRGH thread and this seems like the best place for me!

Thanks again

Maria

1 - 7 of 7 Posts