Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

I am due to start first and probably only attempt at IVF at Leicester Fertility Centre in about 2 weeks (Beginning - Mid February 2011). We were originally due to start in early January but my AMH test results came back just before Christmas and they were 2.49 very low / undetectable. As a result treatment was postponed and initially we were told that they would not be able to  treat us and we should consider egg donor. However after consultation they are supporting us with one private cycle.

I am getting really nervous now that treatment is getting close and would really welcome people to share my journey with.

I am surprisingly in a very positive mindset (a bit too much really) despite all the things that are against us and only being given 5% chance of treatment working I am convinced that I will respond better than science predicts. Probably kidding myself I know but it is the only way I can get through the waiting.

Any other ladies having treatment at LR please join

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi There. I am currently waiting for my AMH levels, should be back this week. Feel physically sick at the prospect of what the result may hold...........fingers crossed, if all OK, will be starting ICSI in Feb

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at your previous egg collection info I don't think you will have anything to worry about regarding AMH as low AMH normally indicates poor repose. I am sorry to read about the difficulties you are having though. Reading your history it sounds like you have had a tough time. I am due to start IVF short cycle with my next period in about 10 days so we will probably be going through treatment at the same time. Maybe I will see you there one day. Would be good to keep each other informed as to how treatment goes x

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Caa

After 18months of tests and different drugs I am starting IVF today at the Leicester Fertility clinic at the LRI. We are also going down the Short cycle ICSI route. I'm quite nervous but I am trying to be positive. I'm hoping all goes well.

Would be nice to share the journey with others that understand

Good Luck All!  ^pray^

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tinks01

I will be starting in the next week. I am on day 21 of my cycle now so anytime within the next 5-7 days!. I feel nervous too but think I will feel better when I have had injection training and it is all go! Excited about starting but nervous of the outcome! I wish you all the very best of luck!!! I dare say our paths will probably cross for scans, bloods etc. Would be great to keep in touch and share our journeys! We have only been given 5% chance due to very low AMH and sever endometriosis so I am hoping and praying that I respond better than they think.

Good luck Huni and let me know how you get on with injections etc

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

I started my injections last night, just the one for now until my next scan on Monday. The injections are easy to do and are actually painless. I think the hardest part was building up the courage to press the button on the auto inject. I didn't feel any pain though. Always a good thing - especially as this is the start of many...  ;)

I am excited about starting too but I am nervous of the outcome also. I have polycystic ovaries and due to having so many folicles already (I have 30-40 just on one ovary) I have been placed on the short cycle IVF program so they can try to avoid too many more growing. I just hope that all goes well. My retrieval op will be in about 13 days. It feels like after so long, it is all happening so quickly! I'm not complaining but it is a lot to take in, in a short space of time. I felt a bit emotional after my injection but I'm feeling alot better today. I am trying to think positively about the whole thing.

I have to be honest and admit that I don't know too much about endometriosis. I always think that they have to tell us the worse case senarios because they just can't promise the best case ones. I am sending you luck and positivity! And I hope you get the outcome you are wishing for.

Feel free to PM me, and it would be lovely to stay in touch and share journeys. It might be nice to swap email ads or something.

Take care Hun and let me know how things are doing! Good Luck!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the time has finally come and I am off to the clinic tomorrow morning for my first scan, blood test and injection training. I am on short cycle so straight into stimming. It is my first time so I am a little nervous about injections etc but after a very long wait and lots of anticipation I am looking forward to getting started now and getting all the questions that have been whirling around in my head for such a long time answered.

Hope you are all well and having a positive week xxx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All good so far. Had first Suprecur injection at the clinic yesterday and Dh successfully did first at home injection this morning (which he enjoyed a bit too much for my liking). The nurse who we saw was lovely and has set my mind at ease.
Starting menapur 6 amps a day from tomorrow so will be 3 injections instead of one. Scan and bloods next Wednesday.
Feels very strange to have finally started and just praying now that I respond better than expected.
Still waiting for my drugs to arrive am on an emergency supply from clinic at the moment.

Hope all is going well with you guys xx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Glad to hear all is going well for you!

I have one more scan and bloods to be done tomorrow morning before EC on Wednesday. I just hope I have produced enough! I think there were six potential folicles at the last scan, so fingers crossed.  ^reiki^

Good luck with the scan on Wednesday x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Ladies

My EC date has been brought forward to tomorrow!!! (Wed 23rd) I am sooooooo nervous about egg collection / fertilisation etc. Think I am in for the longest few days of my life! but I can't help but feel a little bit excited too xxx

How are you all getting on?

I have found the nurses to be lovely!

xxxxx

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im having treatment at the L R , how are you doing ? x

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hi Staceyjayne I'm also having tx at the LRI, I'm waiting to start my second fresh IVF on friday. I see you're on your second IUI and on the dreaded 2ww  :) . Really hope this one works for you and you get a lovely BFP in a couple of weeks  ^hugme^ .
salx

·
Registered
76 Posts
thanks Sal , and hope it all goes well for you too xxx

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks Staceyjayne  ^hugme^ . How is the wait going are you starting to symptom spot yet? Hope the time goes quickly for you  :) .
salx

·
Registered
76 Posts
No signs yet ;-(  , how are you ? xx

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hi Staceyjayne all is fine with me at the minute got used to having injections again  ;D . How long have you got till test day?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts