Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have 1 son 6 years old whom I had (naturally conceived )at 41, and have hoped for another baby. Thought all laid to rest as I am now 48 but still would love a baby sister or brother for DS.  I am looking at the donor egg route perhaps in Spain.  Does anyone know if you have to have tests here first? Any info appreciated all seems a bit overwhelming.

·
Registered
415 Posts
:)

Have you considered Greece ?

Look at the Serum thread on the Greece site , Serum is an amazing clinic and Penny is the most caring person you could wish for .

H x

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Hi there,

There are many options for going abroad - Spain is known for short waiting lists, but prices are relatively high (as much if not more than in the UK). Serum, Athens seems to have a good reputation as dtw01 has suggested. I would also look at the Czech and/or Ukraine clinics - very cost effective

In terms of tests needed here, as far as I am aware, for DE you just need the basic screening tests - eg HIV, Hep B, chlamydia etc. No need to have FSH/LH or other hormone tests are you are not using your eggs. The clinic's websites will all give lists of the tests needed. Be aware that you would usually need to have at least one scan (to check lining thickness) before travelling out for embryo transfer, so you'll need a clinic in the UK to support that (plenty of private ultrasound centres will do this)

Have a look at the donor sperm/eggs board here: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=64.0
and these specific threads might be useful:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=255259.0
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=254537.0

It can all seem overwhelming when you start but plenty of people have followed this path before you so have a good read through the threads and I'm sure it will all start to seem more manageable

Best of luck
Suitcase
x

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:)

Thank you! Yes I will have a look at the different clinics and get a feeling for it all and Suitcase, thanks for the links, there is so much going on on here its easy to get sidetracked!  Everyones stories are nail biting and wonderful and sad and hopeful! Woke up feeling relieved we had finally decided to check this out( now that my husband has got his head around it all).

Thank you
Posy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just wanted to say hi Poseybluebird as I need donor eggs too! I am a new member to this site and was just told on Friday that I would never had a biological child.  We got ourselves on the donor egg waiting list at our clinic immediately although depending on how long we have to wait (I need surgery first anyway) we might consider going abroad too.  I've immediatly realised its very daunting trying to know where to evcen start looking for eggs abroad so I'll be interested to see the reponses to your post! 

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, posybluebird!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you. Suitcase and dtw01 have given you some great links and advice. Here are a few more links that you might find useful -

TTC over 40 ~ CLICK HERE. If you look at the second thread there are loads of success stories.

International boards - CLICK HERE There are sections for many countries and you will find helpful information regarding clinic's and procedures. Spain, Czech Republic and Greece are the popular ones.

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

Keep a diary of your treatment (or read about the experiences of others) ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts