Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Is there anyone out there who is starting their second cycle soon. I start down regulation on the 5th August with an egg collection date of the 5th September. It would be great to have someone to share the experience with and my friend recommended this site.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi,

I'm starting my second cycle at Hammersmith hopefully down-reg around 5-7th August (depending on af)... so it looks like we're treatment twins  :)

Good luck honey  ^reiki^ and keep in touch,

Cheery x

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your message, Cheery, I would love to stay in touch.
I am off to the hospital today to pick up my down reg drugs and plan.
We are both 34 and we have been TTC for 5 years. No probs with DH but I have two blocked tubes. We have had one failed cycle. I responded well to drugs and the embryos were a good quality (most grade 1) but they didn't want to stick. Also had a FET in February which didn't work - although of course the chances for that are much lower. So hopefully scond time lucky! Let me know how you get on and loads of luck.
Emma

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm off to hospital tomorrow to collect down reg drugs and have all the training... all a little real now  :eek:

Fingers crossed for you honey and keep in touch,

Cheery x

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked every thing up on Wednesday and start Bueserilin tonight. Feel a bit anxious but nowhere near as bad as last time. It is certainly stressful! Trying not to think too much about it - bit difficult when your body has to be a temple! I am NOT good at that bit. And to top it off - my sister's baby was due on Monday.

·
Registered
187 Posts
hi Ems_h

if you look on the cycle buddies board afor the  Aug/Sept thread you should find lots of people who are going through tx at the same time as you.

good luck love lshack xx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
Have started a new string on the cycle buddies site for Aug/Sep - fancy joining in Cheery? Some of the others seemed to be quite well established and felt that it may be too difficult to catch up?
Are you up for it?
Regards
Emma

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Ems, sorry have been away for a couple of days... but back now  :)

AF finally came and I started my Buserilin on Monday... OMG have I had some side effects LOL  ;D poor DH doesn't know whether to laugh or run!!!  ^idiot^ How are you coping with it?

Due to have my DR scan on 23rd and then, all being well, I should start 150iu of Gonal F then. Fingers crossed egg collection should be early September  ::)

Getting really excited but also a little nervous... just feel a little out of control  ??? 

Hope all is well with you?

Speak soon,

Cheery x

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Cheery
Wondered how you were. Each HA seems to do things differently. I was put on the pill and then started bueserilin injections on the 5th. Last pill today but carry on with injections until down reg scan which should be around the same time as yours and then start on the stims. Do you know which medication you willtake for those? I am v lucky - no side effects yet! Am feeling a bit unsettled today though as my sister gave birth this am. It's one of those life isn't fair days!
Hope you start to feel more yourself soon!
Ems

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awhh Ems, just think... maybe in nine months or so you can announce your little baba  ::) that's the way I am looking at it. My SiL is pregnant at the moment and boy is she milking it... it drives me nuts  :mad:

Still a complete fruitbat on the Buserilin... can't seem to concentrate at all and mood is swinging more than the works in Big Ben  ^eyes^  Apparently the stimming drugs make life a little easier though... fingers crossed anyway  ^idiot^

I didn't have any tablets, just the buserilin. Then I start on 150ui of Gonal F... apart from that I have Asprin, but I have had that from way before IVF as I have clotting problems.

Anyway, I'm waffling... hope things get a little brighter soon and keep in touch.  :)

Cheery x

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the encouragement. Hard to stay positive at the moment though and symptoms seem worse than last time - although I am not sure if it is the drugs or the circumstances. Headache and weepy all weekend. A/F has arrived so have rung clinic to see when go for baseline scan and bloods - probably next Monday. I dread ringing there - it always makes it seem so real. Pathetic isn't it.
Take care and thanks
Emma

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.