Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home for you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dear Karen & Rich
Hope today has gone well for you both, hope to catch up with your news later ;).
Lots of love Bev H xxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Bev

Today was a lot more interesting than last week, we had some guest speakers who were really interesting and the group activities were good too.

We got to have a look today at a copy of Be my Parent which is a magazine that shows pictures and gives narratives of children for whom they are looking for parents for. I didn't think last week I'd be able to look at it, but it really gives you an insight into some of the background and reasons why children come up for adoption.

A week to go for day three and this time in 2 weeks the course will be done and then the hard work really begins.

I hope you are well. How are you getting along with coming to your decision?

keep in touch, speak soon
Love
Karen x

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Karen
How are you? You must be getting really excited as the time comes ever closer!! Hope today went well again, I'm sure it did. Lots of love Bev H xxx

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi Karen & Rich

Hope today went well , hows it been going ??

Take care , love Gail xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Everyone

Well today has been really heavy - we have been discussing abuse. I feel really tired and emotionally drained.

Day four (final day) next Tuesday and then our home study starts. That should take about 3 months. Then soon after we go to panel and then its just a matter of time.

I am really glad that our holiday is soon, as I am feeling really frazzled. Haven't really had a break from IF or Adoption for quite a while, so looking forward to a week in the sun to come back raring to go and get further along the road to our goal.

Thank you all for your support and good wishes.
Love
Karen x

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dear Karen & Rich
I really do admire you both and know you will be wonderful parents - it will all be worth it in the end. ;)
The timing of your holiday will be perfect - you can go away and chill out so make the most of it 'cos then you'll be busy being mum and dad !!!!^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^
Speak to you again soon. lots of love and good wishes Bev H xxxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Karen

Hope you and Rich have a wonderful holiday ^sunny^

Enjoy your break
Love
Dee
xx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Karen and Rich, glad all is going well, even if today was "heavy". Have a wonderful holiday you have worked so hard for everything!

Love Sue
xx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Karen - I've been checking your post periodically and am glad to read all is going well. It will be worth it in the end and your holiday is perfectly timed!! Good luck with the remainder of the sessions!!

Love Nicky xxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Deborah

I am off to the Algarve. I'm quite suntanned already as I have been cheating and hired a sunbed for four weeks!!!

It would be good if you could get a degree too, would be worth all the hardwork and disturbed nights sleep thinking about it all.

Nicky - thanks for your good wishes too.

Love
Karen x

·
Registered
665 Posts
Have a lovely holiday Karen,the Algarve is lovely...get those 8) ready matey ;D
luv
juelxx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Karen
Just wishing you more luck for tomorrow (last one) :eek: :eek:
Lots of love and have a fab ^sunny^ ^sunny^holiday.
lots of love Bev H xxxx

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Dear Karen & Rich

Just wanted to say 'GOOD LUCK ' for today and have a fantastic holiday ! ........

Love Gail xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi All

Just a quick update from me as things have gone a little quiet for the moment.

Well we finished our course on 24th June and then went away on our hols (just what the doctor ordered). We are now waiting for the social worker to contact us so that we can start on the next part of the process which is the home study. Lots of work and visits etc.

Once this is complete, we will go to panel to be officially 'approved', and then the matching starts. Once a match is made, it all happens really quickly. firstly we have some visits and go to foster carer for bath and bedtime etc. we go on some trips to the park and that short of thing. They come and stay with us over night. This all happens in a three week period and provided everyone is happy, they will then move in with us.

Just relishing our last few months as a child free house. Off on a girlie night out tomorrow. We did have some thoughts whilst we were away on holiday about what life would be like with them and what lfe would be like without them.

We have both agreed though that if it doesn't happen within a timeframe that we have agreed between us, then we will not go ahead. I know that sounds selfish, but by that time (and it is quite a way away) we will have got so used to life being just the two of us that it will be too hard to make the adjustment.

I'll let you all know as soon as we hear something from our social worker.

In the meantime, good luck everyone with whatever stage you are at.

Love
Karen xx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Karen

It doesn't sound selfish to me at all ... I wish you both all the luck in the world.

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Karen
Welcome back hope you had a fab time.
I really hope things happen quickly for you as you have done all this hard work and preparation and you will be such wonderful parents. You are not selfish at all in your way of thinking just beeing honest and realistic.
Look forward to hearing from you SOON!!!
Love and best wishes Bev H xxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Everyone

Well I rang the social services yesterday to find out why we haven't heard anything as they said it would be pretty soon after our course that we would be assigned a social worker.

It turns out that the authority we did our training with have delayed sending out the feedback sheets, and our authority are not able to action it unless they have the written documents.

She did tell me though that they have been verbally told that everything was ok with us on the course and as there was a panel day yesterday that there have been a couple of social workers freed up to take on our case.

She thinks she should get the paper work back by the end of this week, so hopefully next week we will here who our SW is going to be.

Watch this space.......

Lily - how are you getting on with starting your journey?

Justine - How is the clomid going?

Bev - been reading and keeping up to date with your posts on July/Aug board. good luck with the scan today, and happy birthday to Garry for next week.

To everyone else, hope you are getting on ok.

Bye for now
Love
Karen x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Karen it's looking really good for you and Rich, how exciting! Wishing you all the best!!! ;D

Love Sue
xxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi everyone

Well I rang social services again last Friday and we are 'top of the pile'. Still haven't heard anything so far this week, so I am giving it until Friday again and will chase them up.

It is really annoying as they are crying out for people to be adoptive parents and then those that do apply get left waiting all the time. How long can we possibly be 'top of the pile' for??

Hopefully I'll have some more positive news by the time the week is through.

I'll keep you all posted.

Bye for now
Karen x

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.