Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,

I was just wondering when you felt that you were starting to show a bit of a bump? I am only 10 weeks today but feel that my tun is definately getting a bit rounder. I thought this would be far too early? It definately isn't twins as I've had an early scan already and this is my first. I do feel quite bloated alot of the time aswell, so I guess it could all be wind rather than baby ;D!! What have your experiences been?

xx

·
Registered
411 Posts
I felt like that before and after i found out i was preg but i was still on all my medication till 12 wks so i think that can cause the bloated feeling too

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Any medication you on can make you feel bloated but I've known people with natural BFP show before 12 weeks.  with my 1st Iw as 20 weeks before I started this time by 12 weeks I was feeling clothes getting tight. Everyone is different

·
Registered
382 Posts
I starting 'showing' at about 6 - 7 weeks ... even though I guess alot of it was bloating / drugs and uterus stretching ... I wouldn't worry too much we are all built differently and all show at different times.  I stopped growing for many many weeks and only started again when I was about 16 weeks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I started growing out of all but the biggest trousers by about week 8.  My bump is not that huge but it definitely came early.  Because of the way my stomach spilled over the top of all my clothes in a huge muffin top, hence, the baby became "Muffin".  No worries, it all sounds perfectly natural to me!

Cheers

BC 

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Hiya

Yep I'm out of ordinary trousers. In my post Amy baggy pants all the time now. Maternity clothes are washed and waiting to be ironed (or for the pile to get so heavy on top of them they get flattened!)

I obviously have no stomach muscles!! ;D ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Hun

I started to show at about 20 weeks but i did feel bloated before that i thought i was never going to get a bump and then it popped out at about 7months properly but saying that i still wear all my trousers that i had before being pregnant just with elastic round the button, i think all people are different and show at different times. i thought i would get massive and was really looking forward to it but only have put just under a stone on. good luck hunnie hope all goes well

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi

I'm at 22 weeks and I have a bump, but it doesn't look like a pregnanct bump. I just look fat! It's all below the tummy button, so just looks like I haven't been doing my sit ups properly! I'm hoping that in the next few weeks it will move up the way and I'll start looking pregnant!

The only time I look pregnant is when I lie on the bed with my legs dangling off the side, then I have a great baby bump!

Weezy

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
On my first pregnancy I looked pregnanct at 12sih weeks.

I am only 8 weeks, but have a tummy already - or is it too many pies? PMSL!

ENJOY!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I was showing at 10wks both times.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I am like Weezy, I am nearly 23 weeks and only I really know I've a bump, I just look fat to members of the public! ;D I can still get into my regular jeans. ::) In fact, I haven't put on any weight at all yet so effectively must be loosing weight! Another FF once posted about this website where you can see that all bumps are different!
http://maternitygallery.com/

XXX

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi All,

Thanks for all the messages. I guess it is just one of those things that is unique to each of us. One lady on a different forum said she looked llike a tellytubby for a few weeks  ;D .......that's pretty much what I feel like at the moment. I'm certainly not complaining though, each time I catch my profile in a mirror or something I have a little snigger to myself cos I look such a funny shape!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
ja5ey said:
Another FF once posted about this website where you can see that all bumps are different!
http://maternitygallery.com/

XXX
What a superb website, shows that everyone really is different! Puts my mind at rest a little as one of my friends is 4 weeks ahead of me and looks about ready to pop! ???

I've so far only put on 3lb's as I lost about a stone in the first 20 weeks, but then I was quite large to start with and totally lost my appetite, so that could be a reason I'm not looking properly pregnant!

Weezy

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Weezy, I'm glad that I'm not the only one.  :) I lost 7 lbs on a healthy diet before I knew I was pregnant and haven't gained a pound since as I've been off food but am also large to begin with. I feel that because I am tall and had overweight thighs, bum and tum to start with that it's just not obvious I'm pregnant. It doesn't help that although I've popped out above and below my belly button, I still have a crease across it giving the two tyres look! I try and show off my emerging bump and then realise that no one has a clue and think Ahhhhhhh, I must just look really fat!!!!  :eek: We will pop out and have nice round bumps to show off eventually!  ;)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I lost weight during my first pregnancy and when I gave birth I actually weighed less than my booking in weight, despite having a huge bump!!  Bumps are very decieving, someone who has a huge bump doesn't necessarily mean they'll have a big baby and vice a versa.

Bev xx

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
*Bev* said:
I lost weight during my first pregnancy and when I gave birth I actually weighed less than my booking in weight, despite having a huge bump!! Bumps are very decieving, someone who has a huge bump doesn't necessarily mean they'll have a big baby and vice a versa.

Bev xx
Wow! I hope that happens to me!!! I have been dreading gaining even more to my overweight status!(I would never diet though of course. ;))

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Hi
My baby was a natural conception after a failed ivf (2months later), I was in mat jeans at 7weeks, not sure if my body was still a bit swollen from the ivf.  I was measuring big through all my pg despite many scans which confirmed my EDD.  I ended up with a very big baby at the end!

enjoy your bump, I miss mine

xx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts