Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Well me and hubbie have made a decision to go back to treatment. As you all know I had weight loss surgery for many reasons and one of them was at 23 st and after 7 failed donor IUI it was time to do something drastic.

I am now 17.12 st and very well and completely recovered from surgery.  My surgeon and fertility clinic have given me the go ahead to start treatment in May!!! We go for an appointment in March to start the ball rolling and re fill in some paperwork and things.

By May my surgeon says I will be 15 st lbs at the very least. I wanted to wait till I was at my lowest weight possible before starting treatment to give it the best chance of working as I was worried if nothing worked I would look back and think what if I had been lighter would treatment have worked.

But my clinic and weight loss surgery surgeon both said the same thing I will be continuing to lose weight as time passes, the plan is to do 2/3 natural cycles with my weight at 15 st followed by 3/4 with clomid my weight by then would be about 13 st then onto injectables by then about 11.7 st, if need be then IVF if we have to by then 10.5 st.

So if we get as far as needing IVF then something more than my weight is the issue and if injectables at 11.7 st  never worked then the natural cycles at 15 st would never have worked anyway so there can be no regret over having them at 15 st. Confusing but the long and short of it is that the clinic think at 15 st the lowest weight I have been since I was 16 years old my body will have lost enough weight to make a difference to the outcome of an IUI!!!

So I am SO excited May is not that far away I cant wait and the though of going back to treatment is motivating me so much to be my healthiest I have joined a gym and started personal training sessions so that will help with the weight loss to!!

An excited,

Ruthx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Ruth

fantastic news for what hopefully will be a fantastic 2005 for you  !!

well done on the weight loss and the surgery recovery - you are doing sooo well.  Are you going to post before and after piccies ?

Clare

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Dear Ruth

Fantastic news for you & DH. I hope that 2005 is even better for you :) ^reiki^

love & much hugs

Camilla

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Dear Ruth

Fantastic news

^reiki^ ^reiki^ for u and ur dh for 2005

May is not that far away and will be here be4 u know it!!

Lots of luck sweets
Emilyxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts